Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ordered Panamera Turbo S for Sept. Delivery

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-25-2011, 06:10 PM
jdhodge is infamous around these partsjdhodge is infamous around these parts
Ordered Panamera Turbo S for Sept. Delivery

I just sold my 2010 Panamera Turbo and was able to get a late June/Early July build date on the 2012 Turbo S model. After a 1-1/2 ownership, I still cannot find another car I like better. Looked at the Benz S65, BMW Alpina B7, Aston Martin Rapide. The Panamera still comes out on top for me among those cars. Bad part is I will be without an Panamera till then.

Old 04-25-2011, 09:41 PM
E63911K12 has a spectacular aura aboutE63911K12 has a spectacular aura about
I wanted to send this as a PM since I wasn't sure you'd want to discuss this in public, but I don't have enough posts to send it (and it doesn't look like you have enough either to reply). I also have a 2010 Panamera TT and wish I had known that the S would be coming out so soon. I haven't even looked into doing this on the assumption that I would take a bath on selling the 2010 so quickly.

If you don't mind discussing this, can you tell me the approx percentage of loss you took to move into the S? I'd also like to know if you had a "motivated" dealer who facilitated your upgrade or did you have to sell it on your own?

Old 04-25-2011, 10:14 PM
I sold mine myself. Dealer offered 120K trade, sold it for $128K. Got 4 percent off sticker on the S.

Old 04-26-2011, 07:01 AM
cvprez is infamous around these parts
Other than the extra power and many options as standard what does the "S" offer over a standard PTT?

Old 04-26-2011, 08:42 AM
ophtho has a spectacular aura aboutophtho has a spectacular aura about
Considering this route myself versus doing some upgrades. Any feedback would be appreciated! Thanks

Old 04-26-2011, 06:13 PM
E63911K12 has a spectacular aura aboutE63911K12 has a spectacular aura about
Thanks for the info. I'm very tempted. Please keep us informed of your status. I know it must feel terrible waiting for summer!

Old 04-26-2011, 07:33 PM
Originally Posted by cvprez
Other than the extra power and many options as standard what does the "S" offer over a standard PTT?
If I take the turbo and spec it out exactly as the S that I ordered, the turbo comes out $2600 cheaper. But that is based on 2011 model year pricing and the S is based on 2012 model year pricing. First question is will Porsche raise the base price on the 2012 Turbo. My guess is yes. Second thing is who will order a $135K base turbo car and add 58K in options. So in one sense there are no Special options that you cannot get on the turbo, other than the one exterior color and the 10HP increase over the powerkit that can be ordered on the turbo.

Old 04-26-2011, 07:39 PM
Originally Posted by E63911K12
Thanks for the info. I'm very tempted. Please keep us informed of your status. I know it must feel terrible waiting for summer!
If you own a 2010 model and wait more than a month, expect another rough 10K drop in value. That's what I figured anyway.

Old 04-26-2011, 07:51 PM
newcomercial is infamous around these parts
anyone knows when the Panamera (MRSP 74.700 model) will start selling?

Old 04-27-2011, 05:06 PM
CMD140.6 is infamous around these parts
Congrats. What color did you go with? How would you compare the PTT to the Rapide?

Old 04-29-2011, 11:34 PM
medici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by jdhodge
I sold mine myself. Dealer offered 120K trade, sold it for $128K. Got 4 percent off sticker on the S.
The market must have really turned around in the last couple of months!! Best offer I had back in January was $120k on mine when I was testing the waters. Good thing I decided to keep it!

Old 04-30-2011, 05:06 AM
jasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud of
Market is slightly better. I was offered 107k for my Pepper Turbo (5 months old) on a sticker of 121k. So, not too bad.

J

Old 04-30-2011, 07:34 AM
Trades, discounts off MSRP all have to do with Market conditions in your area. Dealers will factor in various other things in final pricing, like do you trade often. Keep in mind the dealers are much more in the know of what going on currently than you are. That's why when people ask what did you pay?, you will see some say they paid MSRP and others will boast they got 10K off MSRP. It does not mean the person who paid 10K off was really a smarter buyer. Keep in mind, we the buyers determine the Market Price. If No One will pay over invoice for a given car, then the dealer and manufacturer will have no choice than to sell at that number. The best example I can show you with is on a Ferrari California I bought. When they first came out I bought one that the dealer had in inventory. Supposedly it was a canceled order, I think not. I liked the car but told the salesman that I would most likely want to personalize one and order instead. Much to my surprise, he said if you want to buy this one and then order one, I will give you the full price you pay for the car on trade when yours comes in. My first thought was how can this be,this makes no sense. I had to excused myself by saying let me think about it, I was in shock. After a while it did make sense to me. When I told my friends the deal I struck, they basically said I must be lying. Only after my ordered car came in and I showed them the paper work did they believe. We all learned a valuable lesson about car buying on that one.

Last edited by jdhodge; 04-30-2011 at 07:37 AM.
Old 05-01-2011, 12:39 PM
Targa Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond repute
Ignore the money factor. For those who will trade a PTT for a PTTS, what extra driving experience do you expect a PTTS will offer you on a public road over your already brilliant PTT?

Honestly, we all have very fast cars. But don't you find it frustrating to be only using less than 50% capability of your car all the time? I am very frustrated to drive within or close to speed limit on public roads with my RS. If it is not for track driving, I don't think I will buy it at all.

Old 05-01-2011, 02:20 PM
I doubt that anyone who buys these types of cars arrives at the answer based on percent of utilization of what a given car is capable of. I drive an Lexus RH450h as my daily driver in the Houston traffic. I never get over 45 during my 50 mile commute each day. On the other hand, I have taken my Porsche to the Texas Mile twice and run it. I also love the 80 legal, mostly 90 mph, thru West Texas. I guess the Lexus would do. For me it not about the practically of the cars, but the love of what it can do whether used or not.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Ordered Panamera Turbo S for Sept. Delivery