Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Where are the enthusiasts?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-21-2011, 02:53 AM
kip
kip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to behold
The Panamera is "something in between". The car that drives like a 911, but fits the same as a Cayenne. I drive 6 months of the year with my 997TT on poorly plowed snowy roads. Even with AWD this is very uncomfortable, as the ride is very bumpy, and the back end slides alot and I ended up driving our SUV for most of the winter. This car is at its best in the summer. Now with kids, I almost never get to drive the 997, because we all dont fit there. So now I am looking at the P TT to allow me to enjoy my car with the family with space for four and comfortably also in the winter, without really sacrificing sportiness.

I come from an M5, dropped that because of the poor gearbox, went to AMG E55 for comfort, but then dropped that because of RWD and a lot of torque, which also didnt work in winter (or rain). Then got the 997TT with AWD and thought that would be ok. Was wrong again.

Maybe the Panamera TT with its adjustable suspension and AWD and 500 HP and a boot will finally a car I can really enjoy and still live with day to day. We'll see, now its summer and I enjoy my 997TT again.

But I have to agree 3 years ago I would have never bought the P TT, I think this comes with age.