Sponsored by:

Need help/ideas transporting Panamera cross country

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-11-2011, 01:47 PM
Semper Fi Mike is infamous around these parts
Need help/ideas transporting Panamera cross country

Hello guys,
I recently got orders from Camp Pendleton, CA to Newport, Rhode Island and need to ship my car. Any suggestions for a good company that is reasonable? I got a quote from Horse Carriage and Intercity and they were both nearly $2000 but that is for transport in a very nice truck inside.

I am willing to have it shipped outside on a multi car trailer to reduce cost. Any ideas or experiences?

Thank you,
Semper Fi,
Mike

Old 05-11-2011, 01:57 PM
tonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud of
No love at camp pendleton get them to send it in a cargo plane

inside is the safe way to go..other wise all that wind on the open road is going to kick up dirt and rocks.
2k sounds about right coast to coast...call the dealer you got it from see if they can get you a discount with who they use.

Old 05-11-2011, 04:50 PM
ophtho has a spectacular aura aboutophtho has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by tonka858
No love at camp pendleton get them to send it in a cargo plane

inside is the safe way to go..other wise all that wind on the open road is going to kick up dirt and rocks.
2k sounds about right coast to coast...call the dealer you got it from see if they can get you a discount with who they use.
+1, call the dealer. They maybe able to hook you up

Old 05-12-2011, 01:04 AM
OmegaMan is infamous around these partsOmegaMan is infamous around these parts
I would not go cheap. nothing worse than a car damaged during shipping and trying to get them to pay for the repairs.

My only advice is to the order of loading. I would want the car moved a minimum amount of times (first in last out). I would also watch and question what type of protection is offered to keep the cars on top of your from leaking on your paint job.

Many people ship older collectable cars, and they are not always show room fresh.

This is something that you should not be cheap on. If your even thinking about an open carrier, I would just drive it yourself. That way, you get to see some of the country and road trips are always an adventure.

Good Luck.

Old 05-12-2011, 06:59 AM
Neo
Neo is infamous around these parts
Pay my flight and I'll drive it for you. But then you have to drive me to Baltimore from RI. Wait it's not a V6 is it...

Old 05-12-2011, 08:02 PM
Thanks guys, all very good advice and I appreciate it. I agree that inside is the best way to go but might look into the top rack on an open air carrier.
Thanks Neo for the drive response but you wouldn't like my V-6 anyway... However, I love it and my 2 yr old boy thinks it's a race car and says Whoooooo every time I accelerate. He probably couldn't handle the turbo and my paycheck certainly couldn't...

Old 05-12-2011, 08:05 PM
bwiele is a name known to allbwiele is a name known to allbwiele is a name known to allbwiele is a name known to allbwiele is a name known to allbwiele is a name known to all
Hey Semper Fi Mike - I don't have helpful advice for shipping your car, but I want to thank you for your service. Stay safe man. - Brian

Old 05-12-2011, 08:18 PM
Thanks Brian,
I appreciate that. I love serving my country and giving back to the great Nation that has given us so much. The Panamera was a welcome back from Afghanistan present. That was my excuse anyway.

Old 05-12-2011, 09:47 PM
sumat is infamous around these parts
Mike,

I move cars left and right across the country meaning I hire transporters on a weekly basis to move cars. Lately, gas is up and transport companies are shutting down due to not being able to cover their costs.

PM me, and i can give you the name of a transport broker.

My guess is 1500 open.