Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How much exhaust note with noise reducing glass?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-12-2011, 07:00 AM
MacQ is infamous around these parts
How much exhaust note with noise reducing glass?

I'm ordering a PanS very soon and am struggling with the noise glass option. I think it would be helpful, particularly when listening to the Burmester.

Although, I often just drive without listening to music and was wondering how much of the exhaust note I"m still going to hear.

Can anyone with this glass comment on that? Can you hear the exhaust just coasting along, or only when smashing the fun pedal or ?

Thanks

Old 05-12-2011, 08:48 AM
jmmk is a name known to alljmmk is a name known to alljmmk is a name known to alljmmk is a name known to alljmmk is a name known to alljmmk is a name known to all
It's very suppressive of exhaust noise. And tire noise and heat and glare.

It's actually surprising to hear the car started from the outside when you have usually heard it from the inside.

I also have the sport exhaust option and it is almost not noticeable from the inside when that is switched on.

Am I disappointed? Not really. I know it sounds good even if I don't hear it. If I need to prove it to myself, I roll down the windows or open the roof. Nice! Now shut them and listen to the Burmeister or just enjoy the amazingly high quality construction completely devoid of squeaks, rattles and other noises.

Old 05-12-2011, 09:02 AM
MacQ is infamous around these parts
Thanks. That's a help.

I like to use the exhaust note as feedback on what I'm doing. If it's that well insulated, I may feel a bit disconnected from the car. I don't think I"d prefer that. I don't drive super aggressive (anymore) and don't like the exhaust to scream at me, but, I do like the audio clues it provides.

I actually thought about getting the sport exhaust and the noise glass so I could configure the "mood" I wanted. Your comment there was helpful too.