Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

leasing a panamera tomorrow ( I got Numbers )

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-19-2011, 05:47 AM
FrankP is infamous around these parts
leasing a panamera tomorrow ( I got Numbers )

leasing a panamera tomorrow
Hey guys. Fresh to Porsche world

I've had 2 Benz and a BMW .
Cool but want something different
I looked at xj xk. A7 the new 6 and 7

The Porsche has the 2nd highest cost to lease. Behind the brand new 6
but
Nothing really spoke to me like the Porsche

Black an tan v6
79k dealer take off 2k
54% residual
00167. MF
36 months
$2300 total drive off
12k miles
$1266 ( including 9.75 la county tax)

Any more money I can squeeze out?

I called 4 dealers with same sticker car
All were over $1400
What you Guys think?

Old 05-19-2011, 06:26 PM
catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !
don`t know about the costs, but Porsche is in a different league than Mercedes or Bimmer. good choice, well done!

Old 05-19-2011, 09:14 PM
Dr Chill is infamous around these parts
You should be able to get 5% off MSRP pretty easily which should help drop your payments about $30. My car leased for the same as yours per month but stickered at $84,500 and drive off #'s were the same.

Just be ready to walk if they don't drop another $2000 off the purchase price. If you aren't willing to walk, then you'll have to pony up.

Old 05-19-2011, 09:32 PM
dark911 has a spectacular aura aboutdark911 has a spectacular aura aboutdark911 has a spectacular aura about
I would purchase over leasing it. you will be paying for half the car after 36 months.

Old 05-19-2011, 09:34 PM
Yes but leasing by your business comes out of pre-tax dollars.

Old 05-19-2011, 09:58 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Dr Chill
Yes but leasing by your business comes out of pre-tax dollars.
If he keeps the car 6 years instead of leasing another even a business owner would pull way out ahead. Plus if he lost the business the leased car goes too ......and he has nothing (except maybe a bus pass ).

Old 05-19-2011, 10:02 PM
6 years? I get the itch after about a year and a half.

Old 05-19-2011, 10:07 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Dr Chill
6 years? I get the itch after about a year and a half.
He's commiting for 36 months .

That's 18 extra months of rental payments on a leased car that you would not want any longer. If the person bought the car he can sell it any time . With a lease he is bound to that contract.

Old 05-19-2011, 10:14 PM
My point is, if owning a car for 36 months is what you prefer, then writing a lease off on a business is a pretty good way to go. If it's all about $, owning a car for 10+ years will definitely get more of your money's worth, but most enthusiasts I know keep a car from 2-4 years before getting something new. If you don't have a business to write off the vehicle, purchasing is far superior.

That being said, I have swapped out of two leases in the past 5 years without losing $, only because I had killer factory incentivized leases with very low payments, but this Panamera lease would cost you dearly to get out of.

Leasing is definitely not for everyone. Purchasing is usually better for cars with high resale values.

Last edited by Dr Chill; 05-19-2011 at 10:17 PM.
Old 05-19-2011, 10:25 PM
vkvmd is infamous around these parts
If you are a business owner and want a new car every 3 yrs, it's a no-brainer to lease. Also, you don't want these cars out of warranty....

Old 05-19-2011, 10:58 PM
donfenn is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by vkvmd
If you are a business owner and want a new car every 3 yrs, it's a no-brainer to lease. Also, you don't want these cars out of warranty....
ditto

Old 05-19-2011, 10:58 PM
Originally Posted by vkvmd
.. unless the business tanks .

Plus as long as one doesn't own the car there are other lease programs . Paying half the car's worth to end up with nothing for a Panamera is not even close to calling it a good value .

The Panmera is a nice car , but it's not that nice to throw away money on a car that belongs to someone else (the manufacturer),

As for "out of wararnty" --he's already paying for a few extra warranties with the excess spent in lease finance fluff.

Last edited by yrralis1; 05-19-2011 at 11:43 PM.
Old 05-19-2011, 11:21 PM
Black an tan v6
79k dealer take off 2k
54% residual
00167. MF
36 months
$2300 total drive off
12k miles
$1266 ( including 9.75 la county tax)

Any more money I can squeeze out?

I called 4 dealers with same sticker car
All were over $1400
What you Guys think?
I would negotiate further on the MSRP discount and buy the car outright.

If you have already leased BMW and Mercedes ---even you are questioning these numbers .
BMW leasing is quite advanced as the manufacturer subvents the lease program making it far more attractive . Your Porsche Panamera numbers show a completely different ball game .

The fact that you had enough doubt to write the first post implies ambivalence . My general feeling is .. when in doubt don't do anything . It's better to have no car than commit to a car or a contract with uncertainty.

Good luck no matter what you decide.

Old 05-19-2011, 11:56 PM
tonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud of
nice MF though, Best i could get on a 911 is .0020
most dealers quoted me tier one 0026 and up

Old 05-20-2011, 12:08 AM
donfenn is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by yrralis1
.. unless the business tanks .

Plus as long as one doesn't own the car there are other lease programs . Paying half the car's worth to end up with nothing for a Panamera is not even close to calling it a good value .

The Panmera is a nice car , but it's not that nice to throw away money on a car that belongs to someone else (the manufacturer),

As for "out of wararnty" --he's already paying for a few extra warranties with the excess spent in lease finance fluff.

Question -- Do you even have a car ?
Why are you taking such a strong advocacy on this? You are entitled to do what is right for your needs, but there are two sides to this lease vs buying story. Some of us enjoy the advantages of business leases, and enjoy having a new car with warranty every three years.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: leasing a panamera tomorrow ( I got Numbers )