Sponsored by:

Tint

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-08-2011, 10:00 AM
ejv
ejv is infamous around these parts
Tint

Ok, so I have read all the threads about the issues and concerns when tinting the panamera.

I recently tinted my panamera and added the felt to avoide the scratches. Today when I put my rear window down it was streaked with glue from the felt strips.

So my question for all of you who have your panameras tinted. what works best? Should I convert to moleskin instead of the felt. Is there a tint I can use that wont scratch? I don't want to have to think twice everytime I put the windows down! Is anyone having problems either the glue from the felt or scratches??

Old 06-08-2011, 11:10 AM
Amanintown is a splendid one to beholdAmanintown is a splendid one to beholdAmanintown is a splendid one to beholdAmanintown is a splendid one to beholdAmanintown is a splendid one to beholdAmanintown is a splendid one to beholdAmanintown is a splendid one to beholdAmanintown is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by ejv
Ok, so I have read all the threads about the issues and concerns when tinting the panamera.

I recently tinted my panamera and added the felt to avoide the scratches. Today when I put my rear window down it was streaked with glue from the felt strips.

So my question for all of you who have your panameras tinted. what works best? Should I convert to moleskin instead of the felt. Is there a tint I can use that wont scratch? I don't want to have to think twice everytime I put the windows down! Is anyone having problems either the glue from the felt or scratches??
30% tint all around, never any issues with the film

Old 06-13-2011, 09:41 AM
ejv
ejv is infamous around these parts
What type of tint do you have and did you use felt? thanks.

Old 01-09-2014, 10:34 AM
IloveSpeed has a spectacular aura aboutIloveSpeed has a spectacular aura aboutIloveSpeed has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by ejv

Tint Protector sells a Panamera anti scratch window tint kit. Just ask for the supplemental instructions when you order the Universal kit.

Old 01-09-2014, 06:42 PM
ck_pana is infamous around these parts
I'm getting the dealer to install Xpel @25% all the way around.

Old 01-09-2014, 09:38 PM
IloveSpeed has a spectacular aura aboutIloveSpeed has a spectacular aura aboutIloveSpeed has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by ck_pana
I'm getting the dealer to install Xpel @25% all the way around.
Isn't that for paint protection. Like a clear bra?

I would think it would be thicker than tint if you installed it on your windows. It could cause the window motors to have problems...?

It seems Tint Protector felt would fix it for $29 and you move on with your day.

Old 01-10-2014, 06:52 AM
ck_pana is infamous around these parts
Sorry ... Lack of sleep with a new born baby.

Originally Posted by IloveSpeed
Isn't that for paint protection. Like a clear bra? I would think it would be thicker than tint if you installed it on your windows. It could cause the window motors to have problems...? It seems Tint Protector felt would fix it for $29 and you move on with your day.

Old 01-14-2014, 09:24 AM
super50 has a spectacular aura aboutsuper50 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by ejv

Sounds like a substandard installation? Maybe they can redo it for you

Old 07-23-2014, 10:58 AM
Looks like Tint Protector now makes a kit for the Panamera to stop the window tint vertical scratches.

http://www.tintprotector.com/univers...scratching.htm