Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Spoiler up or down

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-14-2011, 01:25 PM
rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !
you bought and paid for the car, so do what you feel, but i think it's asking for 2 much attention, but you can do whatever you want...

Old 06-14-2011, 07:47 PM
stirthepot has a spectacular aura aboutstirthepot has a spectacular aura about
down. i find the rear collects a lot more dust with it up around town. guessing the air flow changes and more dirts collects rather than flows away.

Old 06-15-2011, 02:56 PM
P4S2010 is infamous around these parts
Definitely down.

Old 06-15-2011, 03:36 PM
ophtho has a spectacular aura aboutophtho has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by rvhpno80
you bought and paid for the car, so do what you feel, but i think it's asking for 2 much attention, but you can do whatever you want...
Car gets way to much attention regardless. Secondly, only the owner knows if the spoiler is "locked" into the up position. The general public doesn't have a clue. This cars are so few and far between people just catch glimpse's anyway.

Old 06-15-2011, 06:13 PM
NYC M6 Panamera is infamous around these partsNYC M6 Panamera is infamous around these parts
i like to keep it up ....

Old 06-16-2011, 11:29 PM
Motohead279 is a jewel in the roughMotohead279 is a jewel in the roughMotohead279 is a jewel in the rough
I usually keep it up all of the time, to me, the car looks better with it up, regardless of what I think other people might think about it. I think it screams "look at me" more to someone behind you when it comes up and down, again, which I could care less. And really, does a small wing up in the back all of the time really make you look "poser-ish?"... give me a break.

Like putting bling wheels on it is any different? Its all about how you want your car to look to you.

Old 06-18-2011, 06:48 AM
vkvmd is infamous around these parts
Sometimes I feel like it up.... Sometimes I feel like it down.....

Old 06-18-2011, 07:42 AM
Enilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by vkvmd
Sometimes I feel like it up.... Sometimes I feel like it down.....
You mean sometimes you want to go fast and sometimes you want to go slow.

I am not surprised to see more than half of you leave it up because most of Panameras that I see have the spoiler up at all times.

Old 06-19-2011, 07:25 AM
TheRox has a spectacular aura aboutTheRox has a spectacular aura aboutTheRox has a spectacular aura about
Ummmm....you guys do realize that Parking your Panamera with the spoiler up is the easiest way to have your car scratched, vandalized right? Its a total ****** move....so is driving at 20 kmph with the spoiler up.

People will vandalize your car.

For a young guy (20's...30's) -- you can drive with the spoiler up...older than that (ie. gray hair, lines) -- keep it down, let it come up automatically -- what are you trying to prove?

Old 06-19-2011, 09:20 AM
donfenn is infamous around these parts
As I drove the highway last night and my spoiler came up I also noticed that the spoiler blocks the bottom five inches or so of the view out the rear window...Less visibility for the driver when you are driving around the city and through parking lots at low speeds, but it looks cooler, huh?

Do what you want it if makes you feel good, but its kinda silly....

Old 06-19-2011, 10:23 AM
jyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TheRox
Ummmm....you guys do realize that Parking your Panamera with the spoiler up is the easiest way to have your car scratched, vandalized right? Its a total ****** move....so is driving at 20 kmph with the spoiler up.

For a young guy (20's...30's) -- you can drive with the spoiler up...older than that (ie. gray hair, lines) -- keep it down, let it come up automatically -- what are you trying to prove?
That i can get it up at all time?

Old 06-19-2011, 01:12 PM
Motohead279 is a jewel in the roughMotohead279 is a jewel in the roughMotohead279 is a jewel in the rough

Give me a break. Is that your mindset, you would vandalize a car if the spoiler is up?

Old 06-19-2011, 03:06 PM
ophtho has a spectacular aura aboutophtho has a spectacular aura about

I did have my car vandalized in Canada when I first got it. I didn't have the spoiler up, BTW. But it scratched up on purpose buy the car washer's at the hotel. Ottawa blows major chunks in my book because of this!

Old 06-19-2011, 03:21 PM
dallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant future
Every Porsche I've owned has had the spoiler set to automatic. To me, leaving it up, even as low speeds is saying 'look at me'. My personality is more subtle, preferring to act like I've been there and deserve it, less about acting like I'm still trying to get there.

Old 06-19-2011, 03:23 PM
dallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant future
I also tend to think the rear-end of the Panny looks like crap from all angles, except from dead behind the car. To me, it looks even worse with the spoiler up, standard spoiler or turbo/spit version.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Spoiler up or down