Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Spoiler up or down

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-19-2011, 06:16 PM
Motohead279 is a jewel in the roughMotohead279 is a jewel in the roughMotohead279 is a jewel in the rough
Some people think way too much into this whole spoiler thing.

Some would also say that you bought a car to purposely say look at me.

Old 06-19-2011, 10:26 PM
vkvmd is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by TheRox
Ummmm....you guys do realize that Parking your Panamera with the spoiler up is the easiest way to have your car scratched, vandalized right? Its a total ****** move....so is driving at 20 kmph with the spoiler up.

People will vandalize your car.

For a young guy (20's...30's) -- you can drive with the spoiler up...older than that (ie. gray hair, lines) -- keep it down, let it come up automatically -- what are you trying to prove?

Just wanted to get it straight.... Since I'm in my 30s .... I should keep the spoiler up? Huh?

Old 06-19-2011, 11:18 PM
medici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud of
I leave it down. I still get a kick out of watching it come up with the first car I pass.

Old 06-20-2011, 06:33 PM
rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by medici78
I leave it down. I still get a kick out of watching it come up with the first car I pass.
yeah because yours is way cooler, you spread your wing with your turbo.......

Old 07-14-2011, 02:04 PM
panny1 is infamous around these parts
up, down, both look great. like the boys at teh gas & sip said.."personal choice, man". Aftermarket spoilers look pretty sick too

Old 07-14-2011, 08:49 PM
falb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant future
Up. I think it looks better and it can be annoying seeing it go up and down between stop lights. Up, down, up, down......

Old 07-14-2011, 08:52 PM
falb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by TheRox
Ummmm....you guys do realize that Parking your Panamera with the spoiler up is the easiest way to have your car scratched, vandalized right? Its a total ****** move....so is driving at 20 kmph with the spoiler up.

People will vandalize your car.

For a young guy (20's...30's) -- you can drive with the spoiler up...older than that (ie. gray hair, lines) -- keep it down, let it come up automatically -- what are you trying to prove?
Only in Canada......

Old 08-29-2011, 10:39 AM
fman52 is infamous around these parts
Hey I just got my panamera 4 over the weekend. How do you set the spoiler to stay on?

Old 08-29-2011, 10:58 AM
kip
kip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by fman52
Hey I just got my panamera 4 over the weekend. How do you set the spoiler to stay on?
http://www.porsche.com/all/media/pdf...amera_PCNA.pdf

page 215

Old 08-29-2011, 07:56 PM
1Goodguy02 is infamous around these parts
Showing off....

Well, I own a Pan 4, black with cashmere guts, turbo 2 wheels, that I drive to work about twice a week. Everytime I pull it out of the garage i feel like i'm showing off....and I am. For 90k, am I not entitled show off a little. Spoiler up babe'.

Old 08-29-2011, 10:43 PM
TheRox has a spectacular aura aboutTheRox has a spectacular aura aboutTheRox has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by falb
Only in Canada......
=)

We shall see what happens to vandalism the way the economy is going.

But seriously, please don't park with your spoiler out...****** move. Really is asking for it.

Old 08-30-2011, 06:09 AM
Spoiler up....don't live in fear

Canadian - why live in fear. Someone decides to vandalize your Panamera is not going to give a rats-*** wheather the spoiler is up or down. Come on! And with regard to the economy, the average person that sees you driving a Panamera thinks that your household is recession-proof and may become a little resentful....but not to the point of vandalism.

Old 08-30-2011, 06:12 AM
The Rox - get a life.

Old 08-30-2011, 08:55 AM
donfenn is infamous around these parts
I saw a Panamera 4 yesterday with the spoiler up and a Panamera Turbo badge on the rear. Yikes. It had standard wheels and tires too..

The Panamera is a fine car which speaks for itself.. The spoiler is a part of the car's aerodynamic design at higher speeds.. Its just a nonsensical decoration at a stop light or in a parking lot

Old 08-30-2011, 11:16 AM
bwiele is a name known to allbwiele is a name known to allbwiele is a name known to allbwiele is a name known to allbwiele is a name known to allbwiele is a name known to all
I'm considering de-badging my PTT just to be a little more subtle about it. I don't care who knows if it is or isn't a turbo. Any thoughts or reactions?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Spoiler up or down