Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Spoiler up or down

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-30-2011, 06:46 PM
donfenn is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by bwiele
I'm considering de-badging my PTT just to be a little more subtle about it. I don't care who knows if it is or isn't a turbo. Any thoughts or reactions?
I say leave them on... However, if you like the clean look of a debadged car its your choice..

Old 08-31-2011, 01:58 PM
Registered PM
Whitey is infamous around these parts
I'm considering de-badging my PTT just to be a little more subtle about it. I don't care who knows if it is or isn't a turbo. Any thoughts or reactions?
This is . You are trolling...right?

Old 08-31-2011, 02:05 PM
SIIK2NR is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by JCBH
when I see a Carrera or Panamera with the spoiler up while parked or driving slowly (below the speed where it was designed to be raised) I always think it is a bit poseur-ish...I just think it looks like someone is trying too hard...I don't really get it.
This is the dumbest thing I've read in a long time.

To the OP. Keep the spoiler in what ever position makes the car look good to you.

Old 08-31-2011, 02:08 PM
SIIK2NR is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by wjohnson36
To me, leaving it up, even as low speeds is saying 'look at me'. My personality is more subtle, preferring to act like I've been there and deserve it, less about acting like I'm still trying to get there.
haha....correction, THIS is dumbest post I've read in a long time!

"act like I've been there and deserve it"

"less about acting like I'm still trying to get there"

Please... buwahahahaha!

It's a car....

Old 08-31-2011, 02:10 PM
kcturbo is infamous around these parts
I ordered my PTT with "Delete Model Designation" and then also removed the "PORSCHE" letters (verry easy to do with a hair dryer or heat gun and some dental floss). I love the way the car looks without the letters and people regularly walk around the car in a parking lot trying to figure out what it is.

Even though I have the car in this "stealth mode", I leave the spoiler up all of the time. I feel that the car looks FAR less bulbous with something that breaks up the rear of the car. I do it because I like the looks of the car much better this way, not for it to be a "look at me" mode. People should do as they please with their cars.

The guy mentioned earlier with a naturally aspirated Panamera with a turbo emblem is however, by definiton, a poseur. It is his right to do as he pleases, but still a poseur.

Old 08-31-2011, 02:13 PM
kip
kip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to behold
This is probably the view that you get on the street:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPdJGHsikBo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv59w...eature=related

If you want to keep your spoiler up, I think the aftermarket solid ones look better. The OEM looks a little like it is stuck or something.

I think I am going to keep mine down like in the 997TT.

This thread has been flaming for quite long now...

Old 08-31-2011, 02:25 PM
falb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Whitey
Says the brand new member on his fourth post.

Old 08-31-2011, 02:32 PM
falb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant future
I removed the PORSCHE from the back and thought it brought the sight line down. I left the panamera on.

Here are a couple pix I did, the second being a Pshop without the panamera.

Old 08-31-2011, 02:45 PM
bwiele is a name known to allbwiele is a name known to allbwiele is a name known to allbwiele is a name known to allbwiele is a name known to allbwiele is a name known to all
Um, no.

Old 08-31-2011, 02:52 PM
bwiele is a name known to allbwiele is a name known to allbwiele is a name known to allbwiele is a name known to allbwiele is a name known to allbwiele is a name known to all
Originally Posted by falb
I removed the PORSCHE from the back and thought it brought the sight line down. I left the panamera on.

Here are a couple pix I did, the second being a Pshop without the panamera.

Hey John. Now that I've totally hijacked this thread I may as well carry on with it...

I've seen what you've done on the lettering in another thread and I like it. My thinking is that people who would know the difference without looking at the model on the back of the car are less likely to vandalize than those who have to read "turbo" on the back... I almost did the model delete when I ordered the car, but decided to wait and keep the option open...

I can't see the pictures right now - did you leave the "turbo" on yours or just "Panamera"?

Last edited by bwiele; 08-31-2011 at 02:56 PM.
Old 08-31-2011, 04:10 PM
Registered PM
Whitey is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by falb
Says the brand new member on his fourth post.
Please allow me to elaborate. He stated that he is debadging because he doesn't care what people think, then immediately asks for feedback about what people think of his decision.

Since I am a new member, who should I clear my posts with before sharing?

Old 09-01-2011, 12:24 PM
CT Audi Fan has a spectacular aura aboutCT Audi Fan has a spectacular aura about
Huh?

So, wait ... is the suggestion that a potential vandal would be more likely to vandalize the car if the spoiler is up or it has a Porsche badge? Or that a person who could identify the make and model without the badges is less likely to be a vandal?

I can't imagine any scenario where the spoiler being up or the car being badged would increase the likelihood of vandalism to any degree.

To me the spoiler looks great when deployed, the car looks a little fat-a$$ed when it isn't. Doesn't matter if it is in motion or not, nor what speed it is travelling at. I would think, though, it would make sense to retract it when parked so that debris (i.e. falling leaves, dirt, etc.) doesn't get inside the housing, but the only thing that matters here is how it looks to you.

The car is pretty sick, either way, and imho the greatest car with five doors ever produced.

I've never been a fan of aftermarket wheels, but people get them because they like the way they look. It's a matter of taste, everyone's is different, there is no right answer.

Old 09-01-2011, 12:32 PM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Since I am a new member, who should I clear my posts with before sharing?
Me.

Thanks.

Old 09-01-2011, 12:33 PM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by kip
If you want to keep your spoiler up, I think the aftermarket solid ones look better. The OEM looks a little like it is stuck or something.
This.

Old 09-01-2011, 10:52 PM
kw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud of
I say UP! UP! UP!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Spoiler up or down