Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Spoiler up or down

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-02-2011, 04:47 AM
inception is infamous around these parts
I can't decide. sometime I think spoiler up completes the look of the car, other times spoiler down looks cleaner.

Old 09-02-2011, 07:48 PM
bwiele is a name known to allbwiele is a name known to allbwiele is a name known to allbwiele is a name known to allbwiele is a name known to allbwiele is a name known to all
Mr. Falb, I think I may plagiarize your look with removing the P O R S C H E logo on the back. It looks super-clean that way. At least I know I won't be competing with your appearance on the east coast or at Summit Point (thank goodness after all the work you and Switzer did on your car).

Originally Posted by falb
I removed the PORSCHE from the back and thought it brought the sight line down. I left the panamera on.

Here are a couple pix I did, the second being a Pshop without the panamera.

Old 09-06-2011, 04:31 PM
falb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by bwiele
Mr. Falb, I think I may plagiarize your look with removing the P O R S C H E logo on the back. It looks super-clean that way. At least I know I won't be competing with your appearance on the east coast or at Summit Point (thank goodness after all the work you and Switzer did on your car).
great minds think alike. Summit Point should be fun!

Old 09-06-2011, 07:26 PM
bwiele is a name known to allbwiele is a name known to allbwiele is a name known to allbwiele is a name known to allbwiele is a name known to allbwiele is a name known to all
Originally Posted by falb
great minds think alike. Summit Point should be fun!
I didn't wait for permission - I already removed the PORSCHE logo this past weekend. Love the look. Great idea - thanks bud.

Old 04-18-2015, 04:21 PM
kip
kip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to behold
Revived an old thread with a pic of the upcoming Panamera. How many of you would drive with that wing up?

Old 04-19-2015, 01:43 PM
rzundel is infamous around these parts
I like to keep it up!

Attached Images  
Old 04-19-2015, 06:59 PM
S2P
S2P is infamous around these parts
Down mostly. Though at 65, maybe i should reconsider - just to show everyone I still can.

Old 04-20-2015, 02:03 PM
AndrewP is a glorious beacon of lightAndrewP is a glorious beacon of lightAndrewP is a glorious beacon of lightAndrewP is a glorious beacon of lightAndrewP is a glorious beacon of lightAndrewP is a glorious beacon of light
No offense intended because I respect whatever anyone does to their ride, but since the OP asked... I never put the rear spoiler up manually on either the PGTS or the 991 TTS. They serve no purpose in the deployed position unless at speed. Remember what Porsche says about form following function? Moreover, IMO it looks like the owner is trying too hard to look cool or something and to me it is goofy and juvenile. Same goes for over sized wheels on Porsche's. They do not add to performance, indeed may impede it and the lower profile sidewalls invite wheel and tire damage. The car looks good enough at the valet stand without the boy racer add-ons.

Old 04-20-2015, 03:15 PM
Gus_Smedstad is infamous around these parts
In the case of a 991 TTS or my own Cayman S, sure. But personally, I'm unsatisfied with the look of the car. The main reason I don't leave my Panamera SeH wing up is that I don't think the basic wing improves the look. Maybe if I had the larger fold-out wing that comes with the Turbo I might feel differently.

I'm not a fan of the look of really large diameter wheels, either.

Old 04-20-2015, 03:41 PM
MTRX is infamous around these parts
I actually like both ways, so I alternate. Sometimes keep it up for a week or two, then close it and back up.

Old 04-20-2015, 04:06 PM
Former Vendor
HOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute
Down position accentuates the clean body lines - but up makes it look like it's got an air brake on...both look cool just depends on your mood of the day!

Old 04-22-2015, 03:04 PM
RattleItHome is infamous around these parts
Down and in auto mode on GTS. If it was meant to be up all the time they would have made it better looking. Up is like a guy walking around with his collar turned up.

Old 04-22-2015, 03:57 PM
Gus_Smedstad is infamous around these parts
Hey, James Dean made that work, and we're all as cool as James Dean. Right? Right?

Old 04-23-2015, 05:52 AM
Dpm7471 is a splendid one to beholdDpm7471 is a splendid one to beholdDpm7471 is a splendid one to beholdDpm7471 is a splendid one to beholdDpm7471 is a splendid one to beholdDpm7471 is a splendid one to beholdDpm7471 is a splendid one to behold
I always have mine up... why?...because I think it looks better that way..period. Not showing off, just think it looks better.