Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rapide´s production cut amidst slow sales

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-08-2011, 12:08 PM
Brian 1215 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Frissen
very interesting... has anyone jumped from a rapide to a panny or the other way around? it would be interesting to hear from actual rapide owners too... guess i have to look at the aston forum
Fortunately i gotta a panny turbo black, and my bro has got a rapide, they r side by side in garage.. i have to be honest, the practicality of the panamera turbo is way better compared to the rapide, it has way more room both in the back and the front compared to the rapide. however, i drove the rapide back to LA from south coast, and it was a great drive, especially the exhaust note of the car, just gorgeousss, the panny (even though installed witht techart exhaust) does not sound as well.. so yea preferences of different people would differ. If ur looking for a more sporty, loud, fun car to drive, not too fast though, take the rapide, its really fun, especially the noise of the exhaust.. but if ur looking for practicality, go with the panny turbo, it has better leg room, easier to drive, and comfortable as well, considering how the panny turbo has adjustable suspension..

Old 08-08-2011, 05:39 PM
donfenn is infamous around these parts
Great comparison notes above.. I agree with many of the observations,

The Rapide is a gorgeous car.. The exhaust sounds nice..It drives well. It is prettier and sleeker than the Panamera.

However, the Panamera is quicker and it has usable back seats and better practicality..

Take a good look at the rear seating in a Rapide--- For me, it is claustrophobic. It is not really much of a four seater car, especially when compared to the Panamera.

I also think that the Porsche build quality is better, even though the leather and wood in a Rapide is magnificent.

While everybody likes to draw comparisons, I think that they are different types of cars. The Rapide is a fine grand touring car that can be pushed, while the Panamera is a big sports car which also does a great job as a grand touring car when it isn't pushed.

Old 08-09-2011, 07:14 AM
bwiele is a name known to allbwiele is a name known to allbwiele is a name known to allbwiele is a name known to allbwiele is a name known to allbwiele is a name known to all
So many cars, so little time.

(and not enough money...)