Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Automatic window close feature by holdng lock button on key question?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-16-2011, 11:20 PM
dhh
dhh has a spectacular aura aboutdhh has a spectacular aura about
Automatic window close feature by holdng lock button on key question?

In my 4S, non entry and drive equipped, which departed last week I was able to hold the lock button on the key and the windows would all close in the car - except the sunroof. While standing outiside the car - this was a nice feature if you forgot to close the windows upon exiting.

In my PTT that feature appears to not exist - I can't get the windows to close by holding the lock down on the key.

Is that due to the entry and drive on the PTT or am I missing something?

Old 06-17-2011, 06:11 AM
BeechSierra is infamous around these parts
dhh-
My dealer techs say they cannot do it. They say the Porsche system does not give them the option to set that up. One service adviser gave me the name of a local fellow that reputedly can find ways to do these sorts of things even though the dealership technicians cannot. I have not stopped by to see if this local can, in fact, set that up. I'd sure like it too. My Audi does it.
-CL

Old 07-10-2011, 07:16 PM
dhh
Well - the Porsche feature mystery continues. My car was in for routine service last week and the tech had emailed Porsche about the feature and they also said it could not be done. But he was intrigued that my old 4S did it and he looked though all the feature codes while hooked to my car and he actually found the feature and turned it on.

So when I hold the lock button down all the windows close and when I hold the unlock button down all the windows open.

So that is it. Porsche says it doesn't exist but yet it is there and can be turned on if you choose and your tech has a bit of interest in doing it

Last edited by dhh; 07-10-2011 at 07:58 PM.
Old 07-10-2011, 10:25 PM
Truonk is infamous around these parts
That sounds interesting. Would you happen to know what the code was? Maybe it could work for the cayenne as well.

Old 07-11-2011, 06:22 AM
rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !
i need the code...

Old 07-11-2011, 03:21 PM
dhh
From my service tech -

"This can only be completed with the Porsche PIWIS2
The coding is in the FCM (front control module) under customer specific coding. I believe it was called easy opening and easy closing."

Old 07-11-2011, 08:01 PM
JCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to behold
great find...I am gonna have my PTT and CTT programmed this way...will let you know what they come up with...thanks