Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Panamera turbo powerkit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-30-2011, 05:41 AM
kip
kip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to behold
Panamera turbo powerkit

Hi guys

Sold my 2007 997tt tiptronic reluctantly and pulled the trigger on a late 2009 PTT and have the powerkit installed. It takes 20 hours to install it, so Ill be getting the car only in September, sadly.

Meanwhile, anyone have experiences with the powerkit?

I hope that this will be my 997 turbo with 4 seats and a boot and the airsuspension is more sensible when driving in the snow! Also the co2 reduction is nice with the stopandgo function, as I drive mainly in the city area.
It seems the 10 bhp 540bhp vs 550 is just a marketing decision as the car seems to be equally fast as the Panamera turbo s.

Autobild sportcars powerkit ptt
0-100kmh 3.6, 200 12.0 in an earlier test 11.8
Autozeitung
ptt turbo s
0-100 3.8, 200 12.2
ptt 3.9, 13.5 respectively

The powerkit ptt did the Sachsenring in 1,37.43, a GT3 did it in 1,36.11, CLS 63 AMG 1,40.66, basic Ptt 1,40.52, pdk turbo 1,36.86!

Any feedback ptt vs ptts or powerkit is appreciated. Did I waste my money or do you really feel the difference? The reason why I went for this is the quicker throttle response of the turbos. I hate turbo lag. I have only driven the Panamera 4 s as there are no turbos available for testdrive. Loved the pdk.

Ok just blabbering here as I am quite excited about the car, anyway feedback is appreciated as I was a little hesitant over the 28000euro powerkit...

Last edited by kip; 07-31-2011 at 04:19 AM.
Old 07-30-2011, 10:32 AM
Sinan is infamous around these parts
I currently have a PTT with Evoms ecu tune. It feels defintly faster than stock PTT especially on lower speeds and lower gears.

But I wanna do the same upgrade to Powerkit. I would appreciate any feedback from members.

Old 07-31-2011, 04:29 AM
kip
kip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to behold
Anyone???

Old 08-01-2011, 10:41 PM
falb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant future
Can't speak to the power kit but for 22,000USD you can get a Switzer P680 package and that is quite a bit more power at 2/3rds the price.

Old 08-02-2011, 02:08 AM
kip
Originally Posted by falb
Can't speak to the power kit but for 22,000USD you can get a Switzer P680 package and that is quite a bit more power at 2/3rds the price.
I know, but I need the warranty and that voids it.

No one has a turbo s or powerkit? I can gladly post experiences later vs 997 tt, but cant compare to panamera turbo, which is what Id like to do.

Old 08-02-2011, 05:34 AM
fahren is infamous around these parts
I have Turbo S since about 3 weeks, but I can't compare it to mere Turbo or 911 unfortunately. The engine is barely broken-in.

Old 08-02-2011, 06:18 AM
Botox has a spectacular aura aboutBotox has a spectacular aura aboutBotox has a spectacular aura about
I have the power kit, and there is less lag from the turbo, very fast. It is expensive, but I am cautious about flashing this car with the DCT tranny. Want to see how the tranny holds up over time first. I would have to be on my A game to win a drag race with my 911, as the panny turbo is very fast off the line. If you are not going to mod the car and want to keep warranty intact, I think it is worth it. If you do decide to mod the car in the future, you will have higher grade turbos as well.

Old 08-03-2011, 02:13 PM
kip
Originally Posted by Botox
I have the power kit, and there is less lag from the turbo, very fast. It is expensive, but I am cautious about flashing this car with the DCT tranny. Want to see how the tranny holds up over time first. I would have to be on my A game to win a drag race with my 911, as the panny turbo is very fast off the line. If you are not going to mod the car and want to keep warranty intact, I think it is worth it. If you do decide to mod the car in the future, you will have higher grade turbos as well.
Thanks, this is what I was hoping to hear and what the mags suggest, but was hoping to hear some realworld experiences. Now all I have to do is wait.

By the way are there any other visible differences than the silver engine covers?

Old 08-03-2011, 03:02 PM
Botox has a spectacular aura aboutBotox has a spectacular aura aboutBotox has a spectacular aura about
Carbon fiber badges with turbo logos, that is why I like the Carbon Y-pipe as it ties it all together beautifully.

Old 08-03-2011, 04:48 PM
Sinan is infamous around these parts
Botox, did u order the car with the Powerkit or got it installed later on? I'm also wondering how much faster it feels at the top end. I currently have fabspeed x-pipe. Combination of Powerkit and carbon y-pipe is what I'm planning to do next.

Old 08-03-2011, 05:12 PM
I ordered the car that way, but I did drive the standard turbo previously and there is a noticeable difference (better be for 20 grand!) It boils down to warranty, as there are 680hp packages already, but if I mod it more down the road it is nice to have upgraded turbos, brake lines, etc. I'm sure the power is a little underrated like with the 911 turbo S.