Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Panamera Turbo S

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-09-2011, 05:00 PM
fahren is infamous around these parts
Driving Turbo S (PTTS? since one month. 3000 miles+ so far, I would risk saying it's the best car in the world for superhighways. Very fast, and I can easily do 600+ miles at a really high speed without a break and fatigue.. I got noise insulated glass though so it certainly helps.

Old 08-10-2011, 08:17 PM
MIA997TTBeast is infamous around these partsMIA997TTBeast is infamous around these parts
LOL... Classic, then you will have to chip it and save the laughter for the end...

Old 08-10-2011, 08:35 PM
fahren is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by MIA997TTBeast
LOL... Classic, then you will have to chip it and save the laughter for the end...
Well it's not really all about the speed. It's about the insane stability that car provides at higher speeds. I can hear strong wind, almost "feel" it on the windshield wipers, but it doesn't affect the car at all. It just goes like there was no wind at all. Something unbelievable, especially when compared to Cayenne Turbo which I also drive, or some other non-P cars (Audi A5 for instance), in which the faster I go, the more I need to "counter steer" the wind force.

The cabin soundproofing (with noise insulated glass) is another reason why I think it's the top performer when it comes to covering longer distances on super highways.

Old 08-11-2011, 11:37 AM
MIA997TTBeast is infamous around these partsMIA997TTBeast is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by fahren
Well it's not really all about the speed. It's about the insane stability that car provides at higher speeds. I can hear strong wind, almost "feel" it on the windshield wipers, but it doesn't affect the car at all. It just goes like there was no wind at all. Something unbelievable, especially when compared to Cayenne Turbo which I also drive, or some other non-P cars (Audi A5 for instance), in which the faster I go, the more I need to "counter steer" the wind force.

The cabin soundproofing (with noise insulated glass) is another reason why I think it's the top performer when it comes to covering longer distances on super highways.
There is no more stability than a regular PTT, the HP increase will allow you better times at all speeds and the only other difference is couple extras that were not standard on the PTT are standard here (PDCC among others.)

I too have the insulated glass as an extra though as it is doable on a regular PTT.

Old 08-11-2011, 03:27 PM
JAX GT3 is infamous around these parts
Buyer Beware

The Noise / Insulated glass has a metallic film which does not allow windshield-mounted radar detector to operate.

Porsche will not tell customers this info.

Cheers, JohnnyB

Old 08-11-2011, 10:27 PM
jdhodge is infamous around these partsjdhodge is infamous around these parts
The turbo S adds $32850 of options that are standard and would have to be added to the turbo model. So you still pay an additional $3650 for the S if you ordered all the standard options on the turbo. For the $3650 you get a painted rear wing and sport design side skirts (no option for the turbo) plus the extra 10 HP. So not a bad deal. I think the point is that Porsche knows that most turbo buyers will not be willing to spend $170K for the turbo plus add other options. You could hit 185K easy. Resell would hit you hard. That my guess anyway.

Old 08-15-2011, 02:03 PM
rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by dhh
I remember a few years ago when I bought my S63 my neighbor bought a S65.

I'm waiting for waiting for him to pull up in his new Turbo S any day now.

Old 08-15-2011, 03:33 PM
jyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jdhodge
The turbo S adds $32850 of options that are standard and would have to be added to the turbo model. So you still pay an additional $3650 for the S if you ordered all the standard options on the turbo. For the $3650 you get a painted rear wing and sport design side skirts (no option for the turbo) plus the extra 10 HP. So not a bad deal. I think the point is that Porsche knows that most turbo buyers will not be willing to spend $170K for the turbo plus add other options. You could hit 185K easy. Resell would hit you hard. That my guess anyway.
What is the difference between the standard vs sport design side skirts? reason i ask is that my 4s (delivery this saturday) has the sport design package, the difference is so subtle that im not sure i can tell the difference. Yes the front bumper looks much more agressive and the rear diffuser/apron is painted, but the sideskirts...

Old 08-15-2011, 04:29 PM
kip
kip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by jyupitt1
What is the difference between the standard vs sport design side skirts? reason i ask is that my 4s (delivery this saturday) has the sport design package, the difference is so subtle that im not sure i can tell the difference. Yes the front bumper looks much more agressive and the rear diffuser/apron is painted, but the sideskirts...
I couldnt spot the difference too and I dont think they make a huge difference, but I think there is a little more extended lip if you look closely at the sport design in the 2011 tequipment vs the 2010 tequipment caalog front.
2011(page9)
http://www.torquesor.com/admin/uploa...2_download_pdf
2010 (front page)
http://cms.porsche-moscow.ru/files/1...t_Panamera.pdf

Old 08-15-2011, 05:01 PM
jyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by kip
I couldnt spot the difference too and I dont think they make a huge difference, but I think there is a little more extended lip if you look closely at the sport design in the 2011 tequipment vs the 2010 tequipment caalog front.
2011(page9)
http://www.torquesor.com/admin/uploa...2_download_pdf
2010 (front page)
http://cms.porsche-moscow.ru/files/1...t_Panamera.pdf
If you and I have to look this hard to see a difference, doubt anyone outside of P car community will be able to anyway rep point for you!

Old 08-16-2011, 08:33 PM
http://www.arenamotorgroup.com/web/u...ryland/848199/

Found this white one with bodykit, in white you can see the sideskirts are definitely more curvaceous.

Old 08-17-2011, 09:16 AM
umwolverine is infamous around these partsumwolverine is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by jdhodge
Yes, as a general rule, you don't recover anything for options in resale. Taking a $32,850 hit on top of the normal depreciation will be pretty tough.

Old 08-20-2011, 03:25 AM
kip
kip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to behold
http://m.youtube.com/watch?desktop_u...P5j_F4jc&gl=US

Still the only review I have found of this car. Only thing I could understand was 3 seconds 0-100! =)

Last edited by kip; 08-20-2011 at 03:33 AM.
Old 08-24-2011, 09:33 AM
pepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by fahren

I want one too!!!
Actually thinking of trading in my 997 and Cayenne for one...with European delivery and a month on the Autobahn

Old 08-24-2011, 10:29 AM
ophtho has a spectacular aura aboutophtho has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by umwolverine
Yes, as a general rule, you don't recover anything for options in resale. Taking a $32,850 hit on top of the normal depreciation will be pretty tough.
It's all relative. As soon as you drive off the lot you take a hit with ANY car. If that's a concern then lease it. And at these price points anybody forking over cash or payments on a Turbo or Turbo S really isn't worried about that.