Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Panamera Turbo S/Powerkit vs Ferrari FF a tight match?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-13-2011, 09:55 AM
kip
kip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to behold
Panamera Turbo S/Powerkit vs Ferrari FF a tight match?

I am very surprised (edit: positively =) )that the 660 bhp Ferrari doesnt get away from the Panamera Turbo S:

Autobild sportcars powerkit ptt
0-100 km/h 3.6s, 200 km/h 11.8s and later 12.0s few issues later
11.8:
http://www.autobild.de/artikel/b7-bi...t-1572337.html
12.0:
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...vspanamer.jpg/

Autozeitung
ptt turbo s
0-100 km/h 3.8s, 200 km/h 12.2s

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/841/az004.jpg/

Auto motor und sport Ferrari FF
0-100 km/h 3.9s, 200 km/h 11.6s

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...errariff4.jpg/

I love the car...

Last edited by kip; 09-02-2011 at 01:45 AM.
Old 08-13-2011, 10:51 AM
umwolverine is infamous around these partsumwolverine is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by kip
I am very surprised (edit: positively =) )that the 660 bhp Ferrari doesnt get away from the Panamera Turbo S:

Autobild sportcars powerkit ptt
0-100 km/h 3.6s, 200 km/h 11.8s and later 12.0s few issues later

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...vspanamer.jpg/

Autozeitung
ptt turbo s
0-100 km/h 3.8s, 200 km/h 12.2s

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/841/az004.jpg/

Auto motor und sport Ferrari FF
0-100 km/h 3.9s, 200 km/h 11.6s

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...errariff4.jpg/

I love the car...
The PTT is an amazing car, but I wouldn't challenge an FF on the highway. Once you've launched the FF does pretty much run away. The PTT s gets a big headstart at the launch because of 4wd. Once rolling, the FF walks away.

Old 08-13-2011, 11:11 AM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Some of of the ugliest cars of either brand...

They better perform well - they've got nothing else going for them.

Old 08-13-2011, 12:28 PM
Targa Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jaspergtr

the Porsche looks 'relatively' better.

Old 08-13-2011, 12:33 PM
MIA997TTBeast is infamous around these partsMIA997TTBeast is infamous around these parts

Have you seen an uglier car than a GTR? It looks like a SUV nissan 350 and it sure as hell looks uglier in person, too tall and wide and heavy for my taste, plus the fact that it's just an overpriced Nissan, boggles my mind that they have sold more than 5 units.

Now the porsches and ferraris could be ugly but you are still on a car with racing heritage and YOU are driving a Porsche OR a Ferrari, not a cheap Japanese brand that is the closest option to any rice burner on the street.

I guess to each it's own, I personally love the looks of the FF and in person will be even more outstanding. The panny I hated in pictures, until I saw it in person and from then on it's the most versatile car out there, the fastest production sedan in the world AND one of the most beautiful looking (except for ANY late model Aston.)

Just my 2 cents.

Old 08-13-2011, 04:07 PM
kip
kip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by umwolverine
The PTT is an amazing car, but I wouldn't challenge an FF on the highway. Once you've launched the FF does pretty much run away. The PTT s gets a big headstart at the launch because of 4wd. Once rolling, the FF walks away.
I understand your reasoning, as the 100-200km/h times are over a halv second slower in the Panamera turbo and the old saying is torque wins it from the dig and then its all about horsepower.

However, in real life I dont think it is this simple. First of all 0,7s is not that much. If you look at the peak hp of the FF, it is only achieved at about 8000 rpm and max torque around 6000, which is only 683nm anyway. I think I can safely say that not many FF drivers are at this sweet spot on the highway. The PTTS has a torque of 800nm at 2250-4500rpm and in real life you will smoke the Ferrari driver as you will pull at almost any gear you are in. And from the dig you will smoke the FF anyway.

Also these are tests performed on separate days by different mags. They tell us something, but they are not fully compareable. We have a speed limit of 120km/h so on our highways I will put my money on the Turbo S =).

Old 08-13-2011, 04:07 PM
Botox has a spectacular aura aboutBotox has a spectacular aura aboutBotox has a spectacular aura about
Both the Panamera and the Ferrari FF are all wheel drive. I bet flashed Panamera will be quicker as turbo engines are mod friendly

Old 08-13-2011, 06:37 PM
ophtho has a spectacular aura aboutophtho has a spectacular aura about
Woman lie, men lie, #'s don't lie. But I have not ran into one car on the track or the street that has "walked" away from my 970TT. Period! Now that might be the other drivers fault.

I stand corrected. I did run into a 700hp Corvette that put the smack on the panny at Road Atlanta but the other stock Vette's were no problem.

Old 08-13-2011, 08:58 PM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by MIA997TTBeast
Have you seen an uglier car than a GTR? It looks like a SUV nissan 350 and it sure as hell looks uglier in person, too tall and wide and heavy for my taste, plus the fact that it's just an overpriced Nissan, boggles my mind that they have sold more than 5 units.

Now the porsches and ferraris could be ugly but you are still on a car with racing heritage and YOU are driving a Porsche OR a Ferrari, not a cheap Japanese brand that is the closest option to any rice burner on the street.

I guess to each it's own, I personally love the looks of the FF and in person will be even more outstanding. The panny I hated in pictures, until I saw it in person and from then on it's the most versatile car out there, the fastest production sedan in the world AND one of the most beautiful looking (except for ANY late model Aston.)

Just my 2 cents.
Interesting. So much irrelevant crap in one post.

Last edited by jaspergtr; 08-13-2011 at 09:00 PM.
Old 08-13-2011, 08:59 PM
Originally Posted by Targa Tim
the Porsche looks 'relatively' better.
Out of the two, I agree.

Old 08-13-2011, 10:44 PM
RacerRm1 is infamous around these parts
in my opinion the panamera looks awesome here is a pic i took of my brother's car

Attached Images  
Old 08-14-2011, 05:38 AM
PRS 7 is infamous around these parts
Interesting. So much irrelevant crap in one post.
... like posting in a performance question thread and only offering one's personal opinion on the cars "looks"?

/

Old 08-14-2011, 06:38 AM
catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by RacerRm1
in my opinion the panamera looks awesome here is a pic i took of my brother's car

wow, very nice! actually that´s how i would order one.

Old 08-14-2011, 01:17 PM
Originally Posted by PRS 7
... like posting in a performance question thread and only offering one's personal opinion on the cars "looks"?
Well, it was nicest thing I could think of about those two cars. At least I kept it on topic. Can't say that for the other poster...

Old 08-14-2011, 02:30 PM
kip
Well this thread has gone quite off topic. Nice to know who thinks what car is ugly. Personally I dont care.

Please, would just like to hear about the FF vs Turbo S.

Anyone seen a test or video???

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Panamera Turbo S/Powerkit vs Ferrari FF a tight match?