Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just picked her up today

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-18-2011, 09:22 PM
T-Mac is a splendid one to beholdT-Mac is a splendid one to beholdT-Mac is a splendid one to beholdT-Mac is a splendid one to beholdT-Mac is a splendid one to beholdT-Mac is a splendid one to beholdT-Mac is a splendid one to beholdT-Mac is a splendid one to behold
Just picked her up today

So...today I traded in my 2011 GT3 RS and picked up a 2011 Panamera 4S. Before I get flamed for what many would call a crazy move...just know it took several months for me to make the decision and I "think" I made the right move. I have have a 2 seat sports car for 11 years and basically...I am tired of the small vehicle, speed bump and driveway issues and the overall impracticalness of them. Don't get me wrong..I LOVEd my GT3 RS, but after 11 months and 4000 miles, there was no need to keep something that didn't get driven very much....I wanted an amazing daily driver.

So here it is...I LOVE it. I can also tell you that I have gotten more looks in it in 1 day than a week in the RS.

Attached Images  
Old 08-18-2011, 10:24 PM
JMC8 has much to be proud ofJMC8 has much to be proud ofJMC8 has much to be proud ofJMC8 has much to be proud ofJMC8 has much to be proud ofJMC8 has much to be proud ofJMC8 has much to be proud ofJMC8 has much to be proud of
congrats!! white P4S is definitely sick!!

Old 08-18-2011, 11:21 PM
donfenn is infamous around these parts
Very nice.. Enjoy

Old 08-18-2011, 11:39 PM
TexasPorsche is infamous around these parts
Looks great! Congrats. Did you like the deal you received?

Old 08-19-2011, 12:12 AM
kip
kip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to behold
Nice car, congrats! Talk about radical, unexpected, moves, or actually the oposite? =) I made a move from 997tt to ptt, mostly because of space, but also because of what you say. Hope you will enjoy your wheels. The 4s is the only panny I have driven so far, so I made my move blind...

Old 08-19-2011, 10:14 AM
T-Mac is a splendid one to beholdT-Mac is a splendid one to beholdT-Mac is a splendid one to beholdT-Mac is a splendid one to beholdT-Mac is a splendid one to beholdT-Mac is a splendid one to beholdT-Mac is a splendid one to beholdT-Mac is a splendid one to behold
Thanks everyone. I think I got a great deal from Matt Bang down at Pioneer Porsche in San Diego. Mine has the black interior with the carbon fiber inlays...so I still have the sport look while I'm in the drive seat. So I drove it to the gym and then to my office today...and I am know it was the right move. I drove the V6, the 4S and the Turbo. After some debating with myself, I chose the 4S because I knew I wouldn't use that extra 100 HP enough to justify the additional $40k in price....kinda going a little my sensible on this Porsche purchase. Anyway...I LOVE it..I think it is the best car buying decision I have ever made.

Old 08-19-2011, 11:46 AM
AndyLH335 has a spectacular aura aboutAndyLH335 has a spectacular aura about
Everyone has his or her own preference and you cannot argue about it. You have chosen a practical move and I agree with you! Congraz on the new car and enjoy it to the fullest!

Old 08-19-2011, 01:03 PM
dallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant future
Looks good. The RS is such a hard-core drive that I can understand wanting to switch. I had a P2S for a year and did the opposite, but went to the GTS as a more reasonable DD.

I think the PERFECT car to fit as a compromise for people like you is the 929 (aka 2-dr Panamera). Hopefully this will see the light of day soon after the next-gen Panamera launches. While it might hit some of the 911 sales, it would definitely take away from Aston, Mercedes and BMW buyers (as well as some Bentley & Audi - VW family members). This would also help Porsche focus the 911 as a sports car and less effort to make it bigger and more comfortable.

Old 08-19-2011, 01:18 PM
saeyedoc is infamous around these partssaeyedoc is infamous around these parts
Why the 4S instead of 2S?

Old 08-19-2011, 02:34 PM
colt45 is a glorious beacon of lightcolt45 is a glorious beacon of lightcolt45 is a glorious beacon of lightcolt45 is a glorious beacon of lightcolt45 is a glorious beacon of light
congrats on your new Panny.

Old 08-19-2011, 02:56 PM
stirthepot has a spectacular aura aboutstirthepot has a spectacular aura about
Enjoy. You wont be sorry!

We love ours.

Old 08-19-2011, 03:36 PM
catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !
congrats, looks great!!