Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sport Exhaust add-on at the dealer?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-25-2011, 04:31 PM
pepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by aottley
My car was the prototype for the turbo exhaust. It is available now.
Hopefully your exhaust works better than the links you posted...

Old 08-25-2011, 04:50 PM
cvprez is infamous around these parts
Any sound clips available???

Old 08-25-2011, 07:03 PM
aottley is infamous around these partsaottley is infamous around these parts

Old 09-02-2011, 04:57 AM
inception is infamous around these parts
during my test drives, I drove pans with and without the sports exhaust. didnt hear much of a difference even with the exhaust turned on.

Old 09-02-2011, 06:54 AM
bwiele is a name known to allbwiele is a name known to allbwiele is a name known to allbwiele is a name known to allbwiele is a name known to allbwiele is a name known to all
Originally Posted by inception
during my test drives, I drove pans with and without the sports exhaust. didnt hear much of a difference even with the exhaust turned on.
I have the PSE on mine and the difference is subtle. Especially with the windows closed. It makes a difference, but either on or off the exhaust is pretty "gentlemanly"...

Old 09-02-2011, 07:32 AM
aottley is infamous around these partsaottley is infamous around these parts
The major difference is only appreciated outside the car. I never knew how aggressive the PSE sound was until I had one off my friends drive past me. Our interiors are very quiet so the inside difference is subtle.

Old 09-21-2011, 04:40 PM
04TTCab is infamous around these parts
I would love to know if this could be done on my 4S. Give it just a little more volume.

Do these valves exist on a 4S with out the sport exhaust option?

Thanks,

Old 04-30-2013, 04:59 PM
BOOMER7 is infamous around these parts
If leaving the valves open all the time on the exhaust
couldn't this cause a "boost leak"?

Old 04-30-2013, 06:20 PM
tonyep is a glorious beacon of lighttonyep is a glorious beacon of lighttonyep is a glorious beacon of lighttonyep is a glorious beacon of lighttonyep is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by BOOMER7
If leaving the valves open all the time on the exhaust
couldn't this cause a "boost leak"?
Doubt so. I leave mine open all the time when I was still using the PSE. Swapped it with Akrapovic as it was too quiet and now it sounds so much better.

Old 05-01-2013, 12:50 AM
LAAlpina is infamous around these parts
Mod friendly service depts in bay area

Originally Posted by tonyep
Doubt so. I leave mine open all the time when I was still using the PSE. Swapped it with Akrapovic as it was too quiet and now it sounds so much better.
Hey Tonyep

I noticed you were in the Bay Area and had mods to your Panamera. How has your experience been with dealers' service departments and have they pushed back on your warranty because of the mods? Interested in finding out mod friendly service reps.

Thanks in advance.

Old 05-01-2013, 09:18 AM
NelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by jyupitt1
i'm talking about if you have the standard exhaust, can you make it louder...
The cats on the PTT are the key restriction point. I went with Fabspeed downpipes with 200cell sport cats and also added their xpipe for more efficient extraction. I kept the stock exhaust mufflers so I retained the sport switch functionality. It provides a great bark on start up and a significantly improved growl on acceleration especially in the mid range and higher, though not over the top-I recommend highly. From there, a good ecu program changes the character of the car for the better. It's does not take much to turn this car into a 600hp beast.

Old 05-01-2013, 05:14 PM
tonyep is a glorious beacon of lighttonyep is a glorious beacon of lighttonyep is a glorious beacon of lighttonyep is a glorious beacon of lighttonyep is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by LAAlpina
Hey Tonyep

I noticed you were in the Bay Area and had mods to your Panamera. How has your experience been with dealers' service departments and have they pushed back on your warranty because of the mods? Interested in finding out mod friendly service reps.

Thanks in advance.
Car is in the dealer for the 10k oil change now. Have yet to make any warranty claim on the PTT and hopefully I won't have to. They can't just revoke your warranty rights anyway. They have to prove that particular part you swapped to aftermarket causes the problem.

Old 05-02-2013, 06:08 AM
tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by NelsonF
The cats on the PTT are the key restriction point. I went with Fabspeed downpipes with 200cell sport cats and also added their xpipe for more efficient extraction. I kept the stock exhaust mufflers so I retained the sport switch functionality. It provides a great bark on start up and a significantly improved growl on acceleration especially in the mid range and higher, though not over the top-I recommend highly. From there, a good ecu program changes the character of the car for the better. It's does not take much to turn this car into a 600hp beast.
totally agree this is a great way to go and also improves performance
I did the same thing with an IPD plenum and car is darn near perfect!!

Attached Images  
Old 07-20-2013, 06:12 AM
porsched4ed has much to be proud ofporsched4ed has much to be proud ofporsched4ed has much to be proud ofporsched4ed has much to be proud ofporsched4ed has much to be proud ofporsched4ed has much to be proud ofporsched4ed has much to be proud ofporsched4ed has much to be proud ofporsched4ed has much to be proud of
Video Just added sport exhaust at home...

I love the sound (valves open)
Diameter of the panamera 4 (v6) exhaust is 60mm the turbo sport is 65mm so there is a performance benefit not just sound.

Last edited by porsched4ed; 07-23-2013 at 06:29 AM.