Sponsored by:

Adding sat radio

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-25-2011, 03:31 PM
yas64 is infamous around these parts
Adding sat radio

Hello all,

After a long wait, my 2012 ptt is almost here. Sadly I just realized SAT radio is not standard - first Porsche. Does anyone if SAT radio can be added and used through the factory screen?
Thanks for any help.

Old 08-25-2011, 07:13 PM
dhh
dhh has a spectacular aura aboutdhh has a spectacular aura about
You can always stream it via bluetooth from your phone to your car using the auxB choice on the input using the sirius mobil app on your phone. You can stream Pandora too. That is what I do.

NavTV might have something too - cal them. I added a rear camera to mine using their interface and it works perfect.

http://www.navtv.com/index.html

Old 08-25-2011, 10:36 PM
Thanks Dhh, I will try using the blue tooth. How's the sound quality on yours? I did contact Nav-Tv and they have nothing yet for SAT radio.

Old 08-25-2011, 10:47 PM
seapar is a glorious beacon of lightseapar is a glorious beacon of lightseapar is a glorious beacon of lightseapar is a glorious beacon of lightseapar is a glorious beacon of lightseapar is a glorious beacon of light
I have a 2009 C4S that did not have iPod , univ audio interface but did have xm sat, nav. Did not like sat channels or sound quality thru the Bose.
Had Nav-TV module for 997 pcm3.0
Added to use iphone4 streaming pandora, tuned-in radio app, iPod

Shows iPod playlist and with aux will play pandora thru PCM but doesn't display pandora songs. Toggle from cd to iPod to aux on PCM. Sound quality is great and charges ipod or phone

Old 08-25-2011, 10:55 PM
dhh
dhh has a spectacular aura aboutdhh has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by yas64
Thanks Dhh, I will try using the blue tooth. How's the sound quality on yours? I did contact Nav-Tv and they have nothing yet for SAT radio.
The bluetooth sounds crystal clear - I stream a few shows from IheartRadio that are not available locally too from my blackberry - not a bad solution but I agree it is silly when a Kia comes standard with SAT radio and a PTT doesn't.

I was in a freanzy to get a PTT earlier this summer and both cars I wanted - which were screaming deals didn't have either a SAT radio or rear camera - the camera was a deal breaker so I added one from Nav-TV. I'm living ok without Sat Radio for now with my work around.

Here is an earlier thread about how to set up the streaming audio from any bluetooth enabled phone

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ur-iphone.html

Old 09-08-2011, 12:00 AM
Thank you for the replies, I will definitely try Pandora. Picked up my PTT and to my amazement SAT radio was in the car even though the window sticker did not have it. Could not be happier with the car!