Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Road Rash - Beware!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-27-2011, 06:02 AM
PCJR is a splendid one to beholdPCJR is a splendid one to beholdPCJR is a splendid one to beholdPCJR is a splendid one to beholdPCJR is a splendid one to beholdPCJR is a splendid one to beholdPCJR is a splendid one to behold
Road Rash - Beware!

Just an FYI for all you **** owners like!

So I've been looking at a few used PTT's to replace my Audi. Keeping in mind that these have been NE cars that are driven in harsh winters. The lower rockers especially the last 12 -16" in front of the back wheels & the unprotected area behind the clear film on the back doors - Serious road rach, like they have been sand blasted BIG TIME! In my opionion they all would need repaint before I would buy any one of the 3 I've looked at.

If you have a Panamera, I would Highly recommend wrapping the lower rockers and enlarging/replacing the flim on the back door so it goes to front edge of the rear wheel opening.

Old 08-30-2011, 07:53 AM
Motohead279 is a jewel in the roughMotohead279 is a jewel in the roughMotohead279 is a jewel in the rough
Yeah, this is my only disappointment with the car so far, is the eco-friendly paint they are using. Looks nice, but is as durable as fingerpaints. Its so soft and chips so easily. If you ever get a scratch you have to be so careful in buffing that you will be through the clearcoat very easily. After a few thousand miles on my car I just had my lower side rails vinyl'd, as they were already starting to get chips in it.

Old 08-30-2011, 01:13 PM
kip
kip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Motohead279
Yeah, this is my only disappointment with the car so far, is the eco-friendly paint they are using. Looks nice, but is as durable as fingerpaints. Its so soft and chips so easily. If you ever get a scratch you have to be so careful in buffing that you will be through the clearcoat very easily. After a few thousand miles on my car I just had my lower side rails vinyl'd, as they were already starting to get chips in it.
My 997TT paint also was very hard to keep intact, Porsche I think has the worst paint durability I have seen in any car.

Old 09-02-2011, 09:45 AM
kip
kip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to behold
This is a one year old car on sale in Finland. The white is nice but look at the rear protective coat, horrible: