Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

High pitch noise from the back in PTT in higher speeds

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 10-23-2012, 01:22 PM
ethansun is infamous around these parts
Is this issue happened only on early 2013 models or still on the latest ones?

Old 10-23-2012, 02:14 PM
kip
kip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to behold
Had some time to test my car at speeds similar to the original problem. As I suspected the whistle is much more faint than before, but returns when wind + temp conditions are right, but when radio is on, you cant hear it. The wierd thing is that it disappears totally in sport+ mode, but reappears in sport or comfort modes. Still no affect on the sound when closing right center vent and still coming from the back...

Old 10-23-2012, 06:01 PM
tonyep is a glorious beacon of lighttonyep is a glorious beacon of lighttonyep is a glorious beacon of lighttonyep is a glorious beacon of lighttonyep is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by ethansun
Is this issue happened only on early 2013 models or still on the latest ones?
I took a 2013 PTT delivery last month and the noise is there though it's dependent on wind condition and maybe outside temperature. The noise is not always there definitely.

Old 10-23-2012, 06:44 PM
nova996 is infamous around these parts
I have a September build, and the noise is not very noticeable to me. It certainly can't be detected with either the radio or sport exhaust on. With the exhaust and radio both off, you can here it most of the time within that speed band, but to be honest you really have to listen for it.

Of course if you do hear it and tune into it, then it would probably bother you after that.

Old 10-23-2012, 08:22 PM
Kees is infamous around these parts
Mine is a Oct 2009 and its very noticeable and extremely annoying.
3 years is a long time looking for a "solution". That is, if Porsche ever bothered to look into the issue seriously in the first place. Judging by the time that has passed and the dealers reactions, little or nothing has been done as its till on 2013 versions.
Car dealers are same as Politicians = all loud mouths full of hot air talk and cannot be trusted.
Mind you, everyone is apologetic and full of so called understanding....but that not solves the problem.
Bottom line...once get your money, you're on your own.

Old 10-26-2012, 02:42 PM
zgdanska is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Kees
Mine is a Oct 2009 and its very noticeable and extremely annoying.
3 years is a long time looking for a "solution". That is, if Porsche ever bothered to look into the issue seriously in the first place. Judging by the time that has passed and the dealers reactions, little or nothing has been done as its till on 2013 versions.
Car dealers are same as Politicians = all loud mouths full of hot air talk and cannot be trusted.
Mind you, everyone is apologetic and full of so called understanding....but that not solves the problem.
Bottom line...once get your money, you're on your own.

Amen to that !

Old 10-30-2012, 04:29 PM
kermit_S is infamous around these parts
Took delivery of my GTS the other week and noticed this as well coming from the rear driver side of the car. Wonder if I should even waste my time going to the dealer or just wait tell I hear a fix on this thread.....might go in anyways since there is a clicking sound coming from the seatbelt level on the passenger side and a clicking sound coming from the front interior lights above my right eye

Old 10-30-2012, 04:34 PM
keith27 is infamous around these parts
Always helps to get another case documented...

Old 10-31-2012, 12:58 AM
Totally agree- the more of us complain such defect - the more chance we have someone will wake up to the problem

Old 10-31-2012, 08:40 PM
MIA997TTBeast is infamous around these partsMIA997TTBeast is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Kees
Totally agree- the more of us complain such defect - the more chance we have someone will wake up to the problem
My friend's E60 M5 had that problem, my Mini Cooper has the same problem, the dealer could not find the problem in both cars. Even though it happens at an overpass around my house and this is ALL the time at the same spot, it has to do with wind, elevation, and speed, if those three align I get it and it's annoying.

My friends car was at a certain speed and wind direction.

Conclusion, this is a defect and it WONT be fixed. I bet they would have to "fix" the car's body and that is out of the question.

Old 11-05-2012, 10:34 PM
zgdanska is infamous around these parts
i wonder if the 2014 will be the same ?

Old 11-06-2012, 09:21 AM
keith27 is infamous around these parts
Most likely, considering that Porsche is not citing this as a design flaw, right?

Old 11-07-2012, 11:34 PM
agree , Porsche Big wigs attitude is like VW already....so no one care our problem -only care the bottom line.
Sales of the Panamera are DOWN - this pitch is NOT the only design flaw / complaint - so good deals are to be made

I just wonder will the Old school guys in Porsche (if are still left with a job in 2013) will be allowed to pick up the many complaints and solve them in the forthcoming ST Panamera?

When they release the ST version (rumored to be in 2015 to compete with CLS AMG shooting brake) - then finally - a rear end design that can blend to the front end and is not an eyesore. Why the hell they didn't do it in the first place .../ beats me

Old 11-08-2012, 06:07 AM
jty421 is infamous around these parts
I'm starting to worry about this high pitch everyone's talking about here I just ordered my gts a few days ago. Should I cancel my order and get an S rear wheel drive? Or is something I can live with?

Old 11-08-2012, 06:36 AM
kip
kip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to behold
In normal conditions with radio on, you wont notice it. My whistle was such that actually the rear passanger noticd it first.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: High pitch noise from the back in PTT in higher speeds