Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

High pitch noise from the back in PTT in higher speeds

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 11-14-2012, 01:46 PM
kip
kip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to behold
Auto Zeitung just had a long term test of the P4S. They loved it, but the only complaints were wind noise (which we all now know is not wind noise) and rattle from the dashboard even as the car was new...

Old 11-14-2012, 06:37 PM
Kees is infamous around these parts
,......and to think that ALL Car manufactures carefully select the vehicles before hand them over to the press for Test drives..........

Old 12-12-2012, 04:00 PM
zgdanska is infamous around these parts
anybody has a fix for it ?

Old 12-20-2012, 01:25 PM
Sold my Panamera 4S... at a loss....but satisfied not to have to listen to that horrible whine anymore
According to dealer----there was nothing they can do----nor has Porsche got a fix for it.
Apparently many 4x4 Audi guys complain similar so maybe it is a "genetic problem"

Merry Xmas to all and God bless those who have less sensitive ears than me and so can enjoy their 4S

Old 01-12-2013, 04:33 PM
kip
kip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to behold
I have had a smaller quieter whistle very randomly in cold air, luckily its not audible with radio on. But surprisingly it goes away in SPORT+ mode, Comfort and Sport mode it stays on. The center vent still doesnt help.

Could you guys please test pressing the SPORT+ button and get back if it helps the whistle. Thanks.

Old 01-12-2013, 07:48 PM
zgdanska is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by kip
I have had a smaller quieter whistle very randomly in cold air, luckily its not audible with radio on. But surprisingly it goes away in SPORT+ mode, Comfort and Sport mode it stays on. The center vent still doesnt help.

Could you guys please test pressing the SPORT+ button and get back if it helps the whistle. Thanks.
so far i am keeping front vent closed , so let me try that.

Old 06-18-2013, 11:42 AM
As all probably now already....Porsche will drop the V8 aspirated engine in future (except for GTS/Turbo) in lieu of a V6 twin turbo....non-official rumors relate from data collected so far that the pitch seems 99% on V8 aspirated engines only....?

will be interesting to test the new V6 twin turbos when released if they still "whistle by themselves"

Old 06-18-2013, 02:08 PM
disden is infamous around these parts
Had a Pan4 loaner recently, it had the worst high pitch whine, drove me crazy! There was no way I could live with that noise on a daily basis. Even closing the vents made little difference. I think it is exclusive to all wheel drive system. My gts thankfully doesn't whine with the vent closed, at least I haven't noticed it in long time.

Old 06-18-2013, 09:08 PM
TGED is infamous around these parts
My Pan4 does not whistle at all.

Old 06-19-2013, 09:01 AM
keith27 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Kees
As all probably now already....Porsche will drop the V8 aspirated engine in future (except for GTS/Turbo) in lieu of a V6 twin turbo....non-official rumors relate from data collected so far that the pitch seems 99% on V8 aspirated engines only....?

will be interesting to test the new V6 twin turbos when released if they still "whistle by themselves"
4WD models, not V8s...

Old 09-26-2013, 11:51 PM
kip
I hope everyone Knows There is a fix for This since fall 2012. They change Some kind of tubing in the Front.

Old 09-27-2013, 12:01 AM
NiceCar Is a GOD !NiceCar Is a GOD !NiceCar Is a GOD !NiceCar Is a GOD !NiceCar Is a GOD !NiceCar Is a GOD !NiceCar Is a GOD !NiceCar Is a GOD !NiceCar Is a GOD !NiceCar Is a GOD !NiceCar Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by kip
I hope everyone Knows There is a fix for This since fall 2012. They change Some kind of tubing in the Front.
What do you ask for at the dealer so they know what the fix is?

Old 09-27-2013, 03:12 AM
kip
Originally Posted by NiceCar
What do you ask for at the dealer so they know what the fix is?
They Said if You have a Front end whistle as described by many members The workshop contacts Porsche and They have a fix now. Looking at the dates most members complained before last fall, When There Was no fix.

Old 09-29-2013, 10:22 AM
sapaman is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by kip
They Said if You have a Front end whistle as described by many members The workshop contacts Porsche and They have a fix now. Looking at the dates most members complained before last fall, When There Was no fix.
I have been checking with my service department every month for what seems like forever for this fix! Was told that the issue was communicated to Germany and a fix was being developed but I got no response after repeated attempts for one year, - so basically gave up. Called again after reading your post and was told "Oh yeah, we just did this to another Panamera, when do you want to come in?". Unbelievable... Scheduled the repair for this week. Requires a full day, so I guess they need to take things apart to access the vent tube that is causing the sound. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Old 09-29-2013, 03:52 PM
kip
Originally Posted by sapaman
I have been checking with my service department every month for what seems like forever for this fix! Was told that the issue was communicated to Germany and a fix was being developed but I got no response after repeated attempts for one year, - so basically gave up. Called again after reading your post and was told "Oh yeah, we just did this to another Panamera, when do you want to come in?". Unbelievable... Scheduled the repair for this week. Requires a full day, so I guess they need to take things apart to access the vent tube that is causing the sound. Keeping my fingers crossed.
I guessed most havent heard about this, so this is why I posted. I think there is hope for you.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: High pitch noise from the back in PTT in higher speeds