Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What to buy if you sell your Panamera Turbo?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-18-2011, 10:37 PM
03LX470 is infamous around these parts
What to buy if you sell your Panamera Turbo?

Thinking of selling my 2010 Panamera Turbo. Hardly used - about 4k miles - over the last 10 months. Reason for selling is that I am not using it enough and to get a good price while the mileage is still low. The problem is - going by my track record - i'll be itching for something in a couple of months. But i have hit the wall it seems. I dont really like anything else (at least at the moment). I've been trying to think hard about Maserati GT-S, California, etc. but dont see those cars fitting my personality. Too loud & flashy for me. I dont like the Astons - too boring.

I dont want to sell my PTT and be in the market again for the same car in a couple of months as my current car has everything I ever wanted & more.

Any ideas?

Old 09-19-2011, 12:51 AM
SVTeveN is infamous around these parts
"I dont like the Astons - too boring." You drive a PTT =/ no offense. I'd take a 6mt DBS or v12 vantage any day!

Old 09-19-2011, 01:38 AM
kip
kip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to behold
Every time you sell a car and buy a new one, you lose money. The PTT is supercar fast, really quiet and luxurious in a sporty way, and standing beside the car, good looking too (ignore the troll above). It is quite a new model too, so no visual changes coming anytime soon. There is no other car quite like this in the world. I really looked at other options on what to buy, and the closest I got was a RS6, which is starting to look outdated. If you want a change, buy the powerkit and you will unleash an all new beast.

Old 09-19-2011, 05:55 AM
rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !
are you in the market for another 4door, or 2door? Also, any expensive car over 150k which seems to be the price range with all these car your naming are going to get attention regardless, so just goes what you feel comfortable with and really like, also consider the performance as well, it your into that. It;s going to be really hard to replace the performance from the turbo? it's one or the fastest production 4doors on the road....

Old 09-19-2011, 07:52 AM
cvprez is infamous around these parts
You seem to answer your own question "my current car has everything I want and more" - so why would you take a chance on an unknown if you are that happy with your current ride?

Old 09-19-2011, 03:16 PM
catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 03LX470

Any ideas?

Audi S7, not as strong as the PTT, less exclusive, but a very nice car and much bang for the buck.
(german language but it gives a good impression):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1L2ld...yer_detailpage

Last edited by catchmyshadow; 09-19-2011 at 03:21 PM.
Old 09-19-2011, 07:20 PM
dhh
dhh has a spectacular aura aboutdhh has a spectacular aura about
That's a tough call. I've already been thinking about my next car too. 2 door vs 4-door is the first key.

My thoughts for a logical substitute are a CL63 / S63 or a Flying Spur / Continental GT or Maserati GT or Ferrari 599

Based on the economy I am probably going the 599 route as my next car or if the economy tanks the maybe a CL63.

The biggest challenge is that I have had most everything and I think PTT could actually be the best daily driver made today - it will be hard not to get another.

Old 09-19-2011, 07:47 PM
easy_button is just really niceeasy_button is just really niceeasy_button is just really niceeasy_button is just really niceeasy_button is just really nice
Audi R8 Spyder... actually contemplating that move.

Old 09-20-2011, 12:43 AM
kip
kip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to behold
I wouldnt, but Ferrari FF?

Old 09-20-2011, 06:18 PM
Infamous 997 has a spectacular aura aboutInfamous 997 has a spectacular aura aboutInfamous 997 has a spectacular aura about
S65 is by far the best car I have ever owned so far.. I do think they are changing body next year tho..

Old 09-20-2011, 06:45 PM
MSIZZLE66 has a reputation beyond reputeMSIZZLE66 has a reputation beyond reputeMSIZZLE66 has a reputation beyond reputeMSIZZLE66 has a reputation beyond reputeMSIZZLE66 has a reputation beyond reputeMSIZZLE66 has a reputation beyond reputeMSIZZLE66 has a reputation beyond reputeMSIZZLE66 has a reputation beyond reputeMSIZZLE66 has a reputation beyond reputeMSIZZLE66 has a reputation beyond reputeMSIZZLE66 has a reputation beyond repute
new m5 when its released

Old 09-21-2011, 08:10 AM
cvprez is infamous around these parts
I had an 08 S65 before my panamera turbo and the two cars couldn't be more different. The Panamera is significantly faster from a stop and handles much better, the electronics are light years ahead of mercedes & it also gets way more attention than an s65 (good or bad depending on your preference). The s65 had a more comfortable ride & more room in backseat but I;m guessing if your looking at maserati's and other 2 door cars you probably don't care about that. I've owned more cars than I care to admit and the PTT truly is my favorite and a great all around car.

Old 09-21-2011, 10:45 AM
JMC8 has much to be proud ofJMC8 has much to be proud ofJMC8 has much to be proud ofJMC8 has much to be proud ofJMC8 has much to be proud ofJMC8 has much to be proud ofJMC8 has much to be proud ofJMC8 has much to be proud of
its gonna be hard to find another 4 doors who can match the performance of PTT beside going for PTTS lol. Cars i would considered 4 doors wise - S63/65, S8, Maserati Quatro GTS, Continental supersport, thats about it... but PTT would still be the first choice amongst all these cars.

Old 09-21-2011, 04:41 PM
donfenn is infamous around these parts
You thinking about selling it because you don't use it enough?? Would you use its replacement more?

Either way you are going to take a hit on a selling a used car ...and then you start over with another ??

Old 09-24-2011, 03:03 AM
umwolverine is infamous around these partsumwolverine is infamous around these parts
The reviews on the new m5 are coming in and it looks awfully good. If you're looking for something more 'discreet' than a Porsche or a Maserati, this may be the ticket.

http://www.autocar.co.uk/CarReviews/...BMW-M5/259268/

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: What to buy if you sell your Panamera Turbo?