Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4S owners, what mode do you guys drive in?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-25-2011, 10:51 AM
jyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond repute
4S owners, what mode do you guys drive in?

Sorry if this topic came up before, but in the past one month of ownership, i drove in sport mode as a default, however, sport plus definitely makes a difference in terms of responsiveness when shifting and overall a sportier feel. However my rpm stays quite high most of the time which concerns me in terms of fuel economy and long term drivetrain wear/tear. What mode do you guys drive in most of the time?

Old 09-25-2011, 12:40 PM
dhh
dhh has a spectacular aura aboutdhh has a spectacular aura about
My 4S I used to drive in normal mode ( non-sport or non-sport plus) My PTT I drive in sport.

Old 09-25-2011, 01:26 PM
JAX GT3 is infamous around these parts
Sport Mode

I drive my PTT is Sport mode around town and Comfort mode on the Hwy

Old 09-25-2011, 08:02 PM
BRETT0429 is infamous around these parts
How do u set it so when u start car it's in sport mode

Old 09-26-2011, 12:55 AM
kip
kip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to behold
Comfort mode most of the time in PTT, overtaking + sporty driving = sport plus mode. The roads are so poor here, that comfort is the only way to go. If driving allways in sport mode, you will take a hit in fuel economy. Otherwise the car can take it. It also starts in 2nd gear so the ride is much smoother for passangers and a must on slippery surfaces. Now that I think about it, I have never used the basic sport mode...

Last edited by kip; 09-26-2011 at 12:58 AM.
Old 09-26-2011, 09:14 AM
dadc4s is infamous around these parts
about 80% in comfort mode. 20% in sport, which I really do enjoy when the roads and traffic allow. I will often put the suspension in sport because I enjoy the firmer ride, but leave the rest in comfort. I have used Sport Plus only once or twice to show off the launch control feature. Otherwise, its too frenetic for daily driving. If/When I track the car, it will be sport plus all day....

Old 09-26-2011, 10:29 AM
kip
kip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by dadc4s
about 80% in comfort mode. 20% in sport, which I really do enjoy when the roads and traffic allow. I will often put the suspension in sport because I enjoy the firmer ride, but leave the rest in comfort. I have used Sport Plus only once or twice to show off the launch control feature. Otherwise, its too frenetic for daily driving. If/When I track the car, it will be sport plus all day....
I get what you mean, but the problem is that the overboost function comes only when using sport plus, sport only makes it feel sportier...

Old 09-27-2011, 06:50 AM
dan993 is infamous around these parts
Sport Plus on street and when entering/exiting highway. Normal mode once highway speed is achieved. Suspension always in lowest setting unless I have to navigate steep driveways/speed bumps or very rough road.

Old 09-27-2011, 12:44 PM
P4S2010 is infamous around these parts
Comfort on street, Sport Plus on Highway

Old 09-27-2011, 01:19 PM
Mojosan is infamous around these parts
Sport.

Normal is too lethargic, Sport Plus holds the shift points too long for everyday driving.

Old 09-27-2011, 01:37 PM
seapar is a glorious beacon of lightseapar is a glorious beacon of lightseapar is a glorious beacon of lightseapar is a glorious beacon of lightseapar is a glorious beacon of lightseapar is a glorious beacon of light
Was on a rainy track with puddles(Seattle) yesterday; split between sport and sport plus both with PASM. Because of the continuous rainstorm keeping speeds less than 95, sport better than sport plus for those conditions. Drove 3 hrs first with instructor and last 2 solo (yay). Great fun and informative for me due to wet conditions and having ABS kick in regularly during braking before 3A. (pacific raceways). Other times I have driven there it was dry; sport plus then.

Old 09-27-2011, 04:18 PM
jyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond repute
Some diverse answers! Now who drives in Manual most of the time? I just cant get used to the PDK buttons, but not sure if I want to upgrade to Techart Paddles because i'm afraid that i will never use it.

Old 09-27-2011, 08:40 PM
seapar is a glorious beacon of lightseapar is a glorious beacon of lightseapar is a glorious beacon of lightseapar is a glorious beacon of lightseapar is a glorious beacon of lightseapar is a glorious beacon of light
40% auto normal fwy stop and go.
30 % manual normal
Sport 30 % manual or auto 50/50
on track auto sport or sport plus.
Have Porsche paddles upgrade wheel changed out from buttons in natural brown leather.

Old 09-28-2011, 03:24 AM
kip
Have used manual shifters once. Got upshift and downshift mixed up all the time. The PDK has a mind of its own, feg in upshifting, so didnt go very well. Wont be using them ever again, can go only slower from pdk shifting in sport + =)

Old 09-28-2011, 06:27 AM
I changed out my button steering wheel for a Porsche paddle wheel when I had a 10% off coupon from PCA. Was told it might take 4-6 months due to natural brown leather interior. Took 6 weeks. Pull right one to upshift, left one to downshift. Can use shift stalk to use if in middle of turn. 90 degree turn 1st to 2nd , for example.

Try test driving one with paddle shifters. More responsive in sport than normal with brisker upshifts. If you run sport plus like on the track better to keep in auto and just focus on the line and trail braking IMO

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 4S owners, what mode do you guys drive in?