Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Panamera GTS coming...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-18-2011, 09:47 AM
jyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by NinetyOneC2
Mid-model change will only be slight changes...like 997.1 -> 997.2 and every other example of a mid-model makeover.
the cayenne mid model change was pretty significant, different sheet metal front and back, different engine, interior upgrades etc...

Old 11-18-2011, 09:58 AM
Crea is a jewel in the roughCrea is a jewel in the roughCrea is a jewel in the roughCrea is a jewel in the rough
997.2 had 2 biggest changes, PDK and engine.
hopefully the Panamera facelift will get new engines.

Old 11-18-2011, 10:10 AM
catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jyupitt1
the cayenne mid model change was pretty significant, different sheet metal front and back, different engine, interior upgrades etc...

yup, i think it depends on when the facelift will arrive. i am not a huge fan of waiting, waiting and waiting for the better model because there is always a better car in the pipeline and we all should live in the present and not in the future!
But if the facelift is not that far away it is surely worth to wait till the GTS has received the makeover as well.

Old 11-18-2011, 10:53 AM
kip
kip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to behold
Guys, I just saw the 991 interior when I sat in it myself. There is a lot of stuff almost identical with the Panamera. This means the interior wont change for a while extensively in my opinnion. Also there will be an economical double dip and car makers will have things on hold.

Last edited by kip; 11-18-2011 at 10:57 AM.
Old 11-18-2011, 01:32 PM
CT Audi Fan has a spectacular aura aboutCT Audi Fan has a spectacular aura about
The U.S. configurator is on-line now, with actual pricing. When you option it out the same way I would a turbo, the price gap is only $15 to $20k. Configured as I'd want it, it rings up at $148k. The Turbo configured as similarly as possible is $166k, or $18k higher. Not a huge gap once you are in that territory. Seems to me the selling point here is the naturally aspirated mill vs. the turbo, exactly like in the 911 line.

Even the base price difference is the same as between the 911 GTS and the 911 TT.

Can't wait to see actual driving reviews ... the interior to me strikes the right balance of sporty without being gaudy or overdone, as do the exterior treatments. Not a huge fan of the Carmine Red, but ... I love the car.

Old 11-18-2011, 04:05 PM
catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !
the GTS at the L.A. Autoshow (at 05:30)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2QmxiSn2Cw

Old 11-18-2011, 04:19 PM
Epic GTS Promo, with 2010 Le Mans winner Romain Dumas behind the wheel:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFVAawG80vM

Old 11-18-2011, 04:32 PM
SpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by catchmyshadow
Epic GTS Promo, with 2010 Le Mans winner Romain Dumas behind the wheel:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFVAawG80vM
Now that is more like it! Awesome! The LA Show video earlier was annoying to watch because of the annoying narrator who knew nothing about the Panamera!

Old 11-18-2011, 04:35 PM
Originally Posted by SpeeddemonC2
Now that is more like it! Awesome! The LA Show video earlier was annoying to watch because of the annoying narrator who knew nothing about the Panamera!

yeah, nothing like a car journalist at an autoshow who knows **** about a new Porsche.

P.S. i guess that`s why they invented the mute button

Last edited by catchmyshadow; 11-18-2011 at 04:42 PM.
Old 11-18-2011, 07:04 PM
uhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant future
Nice video, the car is one heck of a handler!

Old 11-18-2011, 07:54 PM
NinetyOneC2 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by jyupitt1
Fair enough and I see what you mean. I still considered in minor though...as in it wouldn't have swayed me one way or the other in terms of a purchase decision.

Old 11-20-2011, 07:00 PM
Cpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to behold
you knew they were going to do this edition at some point - just really pissed they didn't have the committment to the customer to give us a manual in North america.

Old 11-20-2011, 07:14 PM
dhh
dhh has a spectacular aura aboutdhh has a spectacular aura about
That damn interior is just fantastic with the red stitching - I hope it becomes an option on the PTT - so far it only shows up on the GTS configurator.

Last edited by dhh; 11-20-2011 at 07:21 PM.
Old 11-27-2011, 11:59 PM
Crea is a jewel in the roughCrea is a jewel in the roughCrea is a jewel in the roughCrea is a jewel in the rough
Just had one ordered. My 4S hasn't been the most reliable car for a while with the on-going leak with the rear air suspension...

this is my spec list

Description
Panamera GTS

Exterior Colour
Basalt Black Metallic Z4

Interior Colour
Interior package GTS Carmine Red Uni GK

Exterior
Automatic rear hatch 867
Thermally and noise insulated glass including privacy glazing 864
Electric slide/tilt glass sunroof 650
Sideskirts (carry over from SportDesign package) XAR
ParkAssist front and rear with reversing camera 638
Transmission / Chassis
Porsche Dynamic Chassis Control (PDCC) incl. Porsche Torque Vectoring Plus (PTV Plus) 715
Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK) with auto start/stop function 250
Wheels
20-inch 911 Turbo II wheel 418

Interior
Powered sunblind for rear side windows 861
Powered rear roll up sunblind 862
Vehicle key painted CWK
Adaptive sports seats with memory package P81
Audio / Comm.
Mobile phone preparation 619
Electronic logbook 641
Wireless internet access CXK
Universal audio interface 870
Burmester® high-end surround sound-system 682
Porsche Communication Management (PCM) incl. navigation module P23

Old 11-28-2011, 06:38 AM
Enilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond repute
love GTS. this is perfectly done and i am in love with that interior. well done

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Panamera GTS coming...