Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Panamera GTS coming...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-30-2011, 01:56 PM
rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !
nice...

Old 12-21-2011, 08:20 AM
umwolverine is infamous around these partsumwolverine is infamous around these parts
Well, I'm very seriously considering the GTS vs. the new turbo M5. My dealer will give me 6% off MSRP and an early March build on a custom ordered car. I'm thinking the GTS could be the best handling, most responsive luxury 4-door out there. Most importantly, I don't need big HP, especially a turbo. I would much rather have a very responsive normally aspirated car that I really connect with. I'm liking the combination of the GTS's engine modifications, increased hp and torque, with remapped ECU giving quicker shift times and exhaust 'pop'. Also the Sport Exhaust and the Sound Symposer should give a very nice engine/exhaust sound that you won't get with a turbo car.

Also I think the body treatments, especially the blacked out side-skirts, make the car look better - less 'slab sided' and trimmer. I also really like the alcantara seats - they will definitely be cooler in the summer than the leather, and that makes the absence of ventilation on the sport seats less of an issue. I priced out a 4S with all the options I'd need to bring it up to GTS specs, and it was almost $10K more, and you don't get the big brakes, spoiler, sound, suspension, and of course the extra hp and tq of the new engine. Pretty compelling.

Old 12-21-2011, 01:22 PM
kip
kip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by umwolverine
Well, I'm very seriously considering the GTS vs. the new turbo M5. My dealer will give me 6% off MSRP and an early March build on a custom ordered car. I'm thinking the GTS could be the best handling, most responsive luxury 4-door out there. Most importantly, I don't need big HP, especially a turbo. I would much rather have a very responsive normally aspirated car that I really connect with. I'm liking the combination of the GTS's engine modifications, increased hp and torque, with remapped ECU giving quicker shift times and exhaust 'pop'. Also the Sport Exhaust and the Sound Symposer should give a very nice engine/exhaust sound that you won't get with a turbo car.

Also I think the body treatments, especially the blacked out side-skirts, make the car look better - less 'slab sided' and trimmer. I also really like the alcantara seats - they will definitely be cooler in the summer than the leather, and that makes the absence of ventilation on the sport seats less of an issue. I priced out a 4S with all the options I'd need to bring it up to GTS specs, and it was almost $10K more, and you don't get the big brakes, spoiler, sound, suspension, and of course the extra hp and tq of the new engine. Pretty compelling.
The GTS is a really good sportscar package. The Panny, especially the GTS will feel more like a sportscar, compared to it a M5 will fell like a super quick normal saloon car. There is a difference, and I dont think anything comes close to the Panny. It is also a choice of being noticed everywhere vs rarely noticed. Most of us here have the Panny as we would like a 911, but need the space. This is closest to it, now if it only had 5 seats... In 2013 there seems to be rumours of a facelift (see other thread), but they are minor. You can try to use that as for pulling down the price a little more. About the power thing, it is a hard question. We all seem to want more of it...

Old 12-21-2011, 01:26 PM
CT Audi Fan has a spectacular aura aboutCT Audi Fan has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by umwolverine

It will be very interesting to see the inevitable comparison between the GTS and PTT. Also interested to see how the GTS delivers as a luxury sedan. After all, it's still not a 911, still serves the purpose of transporting 4 comfortably while at the same time offering what seems like a more sporty attitude.

I've always loved the M5, and I'm sure its performance will be exceptional, I just can't get past the bland interior compared to the GTS or, really, any Panamera. The Panamera has character, the M5 seems dull to me. I'm sure it is anything but dull from behind the wheel, though. And, to be fair, any car is hard to judge from photos. But the Panamera just does it for me ... an appeal that's hard to define, really, but it's a strong one.

I say go for it. You'd be giving up a ton of HP and torque, but there's little doubt you'd own the better driver's car.

Old 12-21-2011, 10:49 PM
hummerchine is infamous around these parts
Sounds to me like the GTS really hits the sweet spot in the line, I'll bet it ends up being the top seller. Like umwolverine pointed out, with options it's a better value than the 4S (which is what I have), along with some features not available on any other Panamera. I just love the sound of my engine (I do have the sport exhaust); that Sound Symposer should really rock. A bit more horsepower is a party bonus too! I admit that I have never driven the Turbo models, and don't want to either because I'm just thrilled with my car just the way it is. Go for it!

Btw, I wonder how long it will be before the turbo models have the sound upgrade...