Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Irritating things in the Panamera thread

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-03-2012, 05:06 PM
asfwp is infamous around these parts
kip i feel your pain. the obstacle sensor is tuned to be very sensitive. what i've learned to do when the lid doesn't close automatically is to just push it close manually. that works fine but you have to fight the motor a bit. if you open it up slightly before pushing it down, it gives you less resistance.

Old 06-04-2012, 06:11 AM
TXTurbo is just really niceTXTurbo is just really niceTXTurbo is just really niceTXTurbo is just really nice
The seats!

The seats in our PT are way too hard. Both my wife and I get numb legs in a 2+ hour journey.

It seems like the seats were made for looks, not comfort.

Old 06-04-2012, 10:20 AM
umwolverine is infamous around these partsumwolverine is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by TXTurbo
The seats in our PT are way too hard. Both my wife and I get numb legs in a 2+ hour journey.

It seems like the seats were made for looks, not comfort.
Do you have the 18-way sport seats?

Old 06-04-2012, 08:06 PM
TXTurbo is just really niceTXTurbo is just really niceTXTurbo is just really niceTXTurbo is just really nice
Originally Posted by umwolverine
Do you have the 18-way sport seats?
I think they are the standard 14 way seats.

Old 06-06-2012, 10:45 AM
falb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by hummerchine
If I mute the stereo (turn the volume all the way down) and then stop the car, when I start it again it turns up a bit to where you can hear it, but not very loud. If the stereo is literally turned off before the car is stopped, it turns back on to whatever volume I had last played it at when the car is started. The stupid thing should be exactly where I left it, like every other car I have ever owned!

This is still my favorite car by far though...
Turn the stereo off and then lock in your preset. This should cause the stereo to be off each time you get in and start the car.

Old 06-06-2012, 11:38 AM
hummerchine is infamous around these parts
What do you mean by "lock in your preset"?

Old 06-06-2012, 12:09 PM
falb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by hummerchine
What do you mean by "lock in your preset"?
An unreal number of settings are stored in the seat pre-set buttons. You know the buttons on the driver door that remembers your seat position?

Old 01-16-2013, 03:47 PM
orange997TT is just really niceorange997TT is just really niceorange997TT is just really niceorange997TT is just really nice
Ok, I read the manual and can't seem to figure this out. When using the black pads on the outside door handles to lock, does anyone know what more than 2 chirps from the auditory warning means? It only happens once a week or so, but most of the time it is the standard chirp or 2 chirps. Nothing in the manual ( i speed read all 344 pages) speaks of what this means. Any ideas?

Old 01-16-2013, 04:04 PM
NiceCar Is a GOD !NiceCar Is a GOD !NiceCar Is a GOD !NiceCar Is a GOD !NiceCar Is a GOD !NiceCar Is a GOD !NiceCar Is a GOD !NiceCar Is a GOD !NiceCar Is a GOD !NiceCar Is a GOD !NiceCar Is a GOD !
Is that when you hold the button in for around 2 secs and the mirrors fold in?

Old 01-16-2013, 04:07 PM
orange997TT is just really niceorange997TT is just really niceorange997TT is just really niceorange997TT is just really nice
no idea. Is that even possible?

Old 01-16-2013, 04:11 PM
NiceCar Is a GOD !NiceCar Is a GOD !NiceCar Is a GOD !NiceCar Is a GOD !NiceCar Is a GOD !NiceCar Is a GOD !NiceCar Is a GOD !NiceCar Is a GOD !NiceCar Is a GOD !NiceCar Is a GOD !NiceCar Is a GOD !
It sure is on my GTS. Hold the button in and the mirrors fold in. Press it quickly and they don't.

Old 01-16-2013, 05:10 PM
Love the forums. Great trick. Had no idea. Totally works on my 2010 PTT. Thanks dude.

Still don't know what the extra chirps mean.

Old 01-16-2013, 05:55 PM
phil612 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by orange997TT
Love the forums. Great trick. Had no idea. Totally works on my 2010 PTT. Thanks dude.

Still don't know what the extra chirps mean.
All cars come with a user manual.

Old 01-16-2013, 11:06 PM
kip
kip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to behold
I have no chirps and my car just blinks the blinkers, but if you press once, doors lock, twice (blinkers flash for a longer period than normal), the interior alarm movement monitoring goes away (if you have a dog or person inside). If you keep button for a few seconds also mirrors fold and then press again, monitoring also goes away.

Old 01-17-2013, 07:14 AM
Mojosan is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by orange997TT
Ok, I read the manual and can't seem to figure this out. When using the black pads on the outside door handles to lock, does anyone know what more than 2 chirps from the auditory warning means? It only happens once a week or so, but most of the time it is the standard chirp or 2 chirps. Nothing in the manual ( i speed read all 344 pages) speaks of what this means. Any ideas?

I get the exact same thing. Every once in a while I get, I estimate, 5 quick chirps instead of the normal 2.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Irritating things in the Panamera thread