Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Panamera side mirror defect

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-23-2011, 09:24 AM
jshin24 is infamous around these parts
Panamera side mirror defect

On November 30th, my Panny got into an accident in Philadelphia Center City while my car was parked on a street, bank security truck just hit passenger side mirror and a fender..

It has been almost a month and still not fixed up yet..

BECAUSE OF DEFECT SIDE MIRROR BASE THAT PORSCHE IS KEEP SENDING.

my bodyshop ordered 5 of them and all of them were too loose which makes the mirror vibrates...

Anyone had similar issues??? probably not many got into an accident like me. but if there has been let me know..

Old 12-23-2011, 11:26 AM
nyseal has a spectacular aura aboutnyseal has a spectacular aura aboutnyseal has a spectacular aura about
How good is your shop? I very rarely have problems with oem parts and from porsche i cant recall ever having that problem (where i order a part more than once and its no good). I would call porche dealer and hear from them what the problem is, and by the way we have fixed two side swipes and no mirror so i dont have experience with the mirror.

Old 12-23-2011, 11:39 AM
@nyseal, since there arent any porsche authorized body ahop in philly, I went for a body shop that was suggested from my dealer.. As I spoke to dealers parts department, they also acknowledge the defective parts... And has no idea what is going on(why all the parts they got is defect so far). Just stressful notgetting a car before holiday.

Old 12-27-2011, 06:49 AM
nyseal has a spectacular aura aboutnyseal has a spectacular aura aboutnyseal has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by jshin24
@nyseal, since there arent any porsche authorized body ahop in philly, I went for a body shop that was suggested from my dealer.. As I spoke to dealers parts department, they also acknowledge the defective parts... And has no idea what is going on(why all the parts they got is defect so far). Just stressful notgetting a car before holiday.
hey man sorry ur having such a hard time. if porsche themselves are saying the parts are defective then they must be ,although i find it hard to believe .have you tried contacting another dealer? sometimes getting an opinion from a dealer who didnt recommend the shop might help. ask the guys at suncoast they are very knowledgeable. If i can help feel free to ask.

Old 12-27-2011, 07:06 AM
Originally Posted by nyseal
hey man sorry ur having such a hard time. if porsche themselves are saying the parts are defective then they must be ,although i find it hard to believe .have you tried contacting another dealer? sometimes getting an opinion from a dealer who didnt recommend the shop might help. ask the guys at suncoast they are very knowledgeable. If i can help feel free to ask.
I just got six more parts from Porsche, again defects. I ammpicking up the car as it is just for now. Until my guy gets the proper parts. I addressed this situation to Porsche North America. Investigation team will heads me up w/ in 3days. So hopefully We know what is going on. It is frustrating situation for me and my bodyshop. Thanks for thr comment!!

Old 12-27-2011, 07:12 AM
cvprez is infamous around these parts
I would find it almost impossible (note I said ALMOST) for porsche to have sent 11 of 11 defective parts - my guess is they are ordering the wrong component, installing it incorrectly or perhaps the repair process itself is creating an issue. Keep us updated on what PNA says.

Old 12-27-2011, 07:19 AM
Originally Posted by cvprez
I would find it almost impossible (note I said ALMOST) for porsche to have sent 11 of 11 defective parts - my guess is they are ordering the wrong component, installing it incorrectly or perhaps the repair process itself is creating an issue. Keep us updated on what PNA says.
Im with you man.

Old 12-27-2011, 08:04 AM
Originally Posted by cvprez
I know right? So weired... Well since the body shop is reputable for doing work for high end cars I will give credit to them till I find out what really is going on inside Porsche. I will let u guys know

Old 12-30-2011, 03:26 PM
Originally Posted by nyseal
Im with you man.
Finally, I got the right parts.. got my car on December 27th.
I saw rest of the side mirror base and they were really loose.
Can't imagine those parts on a car, it will surely wobble alot on certain speed.

However the funny thing is while I was in New York with my wife,
my Panny was damaged on front bumper. not major but my clear bra came off on three spots. seems like someone backed up or the driver ran into someone's license plate bolts or whatever was there.. I will update photo later..