Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just ordered GTS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-12-2012, 11:36 PM
supercup is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by jonrobison
conrats Wolverine...thinking about the GTS myself....one question, I dont want the GTS lettering in the headrests or on the side of the car as the porsche website shows...is it an option to order without?
Lettering on the side of the car is a no cost option - with our without.

GTS lettering in the headrests comes only with the Carmine red or Silver stitched interior. If you get leather you can get it comes without or you could add with Porsche Crest. It does not appear you can get Carmine red or silver stitching with Alcantara inserts without GTS in the headrest. Looks like you would have to get your dealer to work with Porsche to accomplish that.

Last edited by supercup; 01-15-2012 at 10:18 PM.
Old 01-13-2012, 05:19 AM
Enilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond repute
Grats! Do you have to put significant options on Turbo to be somewhat equivalent to highly optioned GTS? Looks like GTS has more standard options, no?

Old 01-13-2012, 07:36 AM
umwolverine is infamous around these partsumwolverine is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Enilder
Grats! Do you have to put significant options on Turbo to be somewhat equivalent to highly optioned GTS? Looks like GTS has more standard options, no?
You need about $10K in options to get all the GTS extras. Then you still don't get the 'Sound Symposer', the alcantara seats, or the 10mm lower ride height (in Normal and Sport).

Old 01-13-2012, 10:43 AM
umwolverine is infamous around these partsumwolverine is infamous around these parts
Pics from the Detroit Auto Show. Pretty much my exact car. Definitely a different look from the red.

Attached Images   
Old 01-13-2012, 08:11 PM
Enilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by umwolverine
You need about $10K in options to get all the GTS extras. Then you still don't get the 'Sound Symposer', the alcantara seats, or the 10mm lower ride height (in Normal and Sport).
except you got the fastest(?) NA Panamera beast.

black headlight housing adds a nice touch.

Old 01-14-2012, 03:33 AM
kip
kip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to behold
Pics from the Detroit Auto Show. Pretty much my exact car. Definitely a different look from the red.
It looks really nice, I dont really like silver, but with the sport design kit it looks very good, especially with the dark headlights. Funny how small changes make a BIG difference. On a dark color I think the change is not worth it. I thought about it, but decided not to take it as I really couldnt see the difference.

Dont you think your car would look even nicer with the rear lower part also colored silver except for the diffusor? I think it should be possible. This is sportec, but you get what I mean.

This is sport design kit in black:

Last edited by kip; 01-14-2012 at 03:43 AM.
Old 01-14-2012, 08:34 AM
jyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond repute
Not sure if the turbo had the sport design kit, but here is what it looks like in real life on a 4s, different day time running light of course.

Attached Images    
Old 01-14-2012, 08:35 AM
Well dealer loaned me a used 4S they have yesterday to keep overnight. Super nice car, but I don't think the motor is enough. Don't think 30 hp and a few extra ft. lbs. of torque will cure this for me. Car is great around town and up to about 75 mph - but going uphill on the freeway (I drive over a big hill everyday), when you get on it to go you need to drop 2 or 3 gears and still not too much happens.

One of my real world tests is same hill yesterday I went over first in my 2006 M5 starting at the bottom of the hill at 65 mph and it finishes at a designated marker at 121 mph. The 4S goes from 65 to 108. My 997 Turbo Cab goes from 65 to 130. After today we will have the PTT results .

Hate to give up the cool red stitched interior of the GTS, but think I have to pony up for the Turbo. Dropping the 4S off today and picking up Turbo to drive till tommorrow. Should have a final decisoin tommorrow on the Panamera.

As a side note I also drove a 2011 Cayanne Turbo yesterday they had just taken in a trade. It was on my list of consideration also. But after driving it it was quicky off the list versus a Panamera. To be honest I liked the X5M way more that the CTT, I was surprised how big and heavy it felt. Only in sport plus did it have decent response. Transmission was always hunting for gears as well even in sport mode.

Last edited by supercup; 01-15-2012 at 10:17 PM.
Old 01-14-2012, 08:37 AM
Originally Posted by jyupitt1
Not sure if the turbo had the sport design kit, but here is what it looks like in real life on a 4s, different day time running light of course.

Looks absolutely fantastic on your car! I am getting black as well and even though it is suttle (and expensive) I think it really makes the car look that much better!

Great looking car!

Old 01-14-2012, 08:46 AM
jyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by supercup
Looks absolutely fantastic on your car! I am getting black as well and even though it is suttle (and expensive) I think it really makes the car look that much better!

Great looking car!
Yes subtle on the black as there is no contrast with the black matte plastic in the front spoiler. But its tastefully aggressive, and distinctive.

Old 01-14-2012, 08:57 AM
versailles is infamous around these parts
Congrats umwolverine ! I'm sure you will love that car, great build.

Old 01-14-2012, 09:01 AM
Originally Posted by jyupitt1
Yes subtle on the black as there is no contrast with the black matte plastic in the front spoiler. But its tastefully aggressive, and distinctive.
Agreed!

Old 01-14-2012, 09:01 AM
Originally Posted by kip
It looks really nice, I dont really like silver, but with the sport design kit it looks very good, especially with the dark headlights. Funny how small changes make a BIG difference. On a dark color I think the change is not worth it. I thought about it, but decided not to take it as I really couldnt see the difference.

Dont you think your car would look even nicer with the rear lower part also colored silver except for the diffusor? I think it should be possible. This is sportec, but you get what I mean.
I really like what they've done to the exterior. The blacked out sections make the car look smaller and sleeker in my opinion. I also like what they've done to the rear, especially the matte black exhaust tips. Makes the car very unique, and that rear end needs all the slimming it can get...

Old 01-14-2012, 09:10 AM
I really like what they've done to the exterior. The blacked out sections make the car look smaller and sleeker in my opinion. I also like what they've done to the rear, especially the matte black exhaust tips. Makes the car very unique, and that rear end needs all the slimming it can get...

Agree with you completely, I regardless of color looks better blacked out. I do love those matte black exhaust tips also!

Old 01-15-2012, 10:16 PM
[QUOTE=supercup;3425674

One of my real world tests is same hill yesterday I went over first in my 2006 M5 starting at the bottom of the hill at 65 mph and it finishes at a designated marker at 121 mph. The 4S goes from 65 to 108. My 997 Turbo Cab goes from 65 to 130. After today we will have the PTT results .
[/QUOTE]

PTT did the same segment 65 and ended at 127 - pretty impressive. The PTT did not have sport chrono either.

I like how the 4S drives around town, more direct response, no lag etc... Like the PTT better on the road for freeway or long distances etc.. Both have their fine points. I still have the GTS build but am waiting to hear from the dealer on a build date for a Turbo instead this week.

Last edited by supercup; 01-15-2012 at 10:21 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Just ordered GTS