Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just ordered GTS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-09-2012, 01:40 PM
umwolverine is infamous around these partsumwolverine is infamous around these parts
Just ordered GTS

Just put down the order for a GTS, March production.

Platinum Silver
Black Leather/Alcantara w/sports seats
20" 911 Turbo Wheels
Delete model designation
Porsche Entry & Drive
ParkAssist (f&R) w/Rev camera
Bose Stereo
Sat receiver w/HD radio
PDCC w/Torque Vectoring
Lugg Compart Retract Roll Cov

MSRP $123,540, sales price $116,127 or 6% discount. Very good dealership - they guarantee the engine and drivetrain for the life of the vehicle if you service with them.

I had a very tough time making the decision vs the new M5, but in the end, it came down to just a few items:

1. I don't need 560 Hp on the street.
2. I do need awd and the best handling, best sounding, most responsive luxury sedan I can get.
3. The GTS had pretty much everything I was looking for in the Panamera.
4. I was ready for something different after 130,000 miles in my E60 M5.

Looking forward to picking it up in a few months!

Old 01-09-2012, 02:14 PM
ophtho has a spectacular aura aboutophtho has a spectacular aura about
Saw one at an Auto Show a while back. Seems to have everything the Turbo has minus the engine. Enjoy!

Old 01-09-2012, 04:16 PM
umwolverine is infamous around these partsumwolverine is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by ophtho
Saw one at an Auto Show a while back. Seems to have everything the Turbo has minus the engine. Enjoy!
Definitely. You must have been at the LA Auto Show? The GTS is at the Detroit show right now, and trying to figure out if I want to drive the 4 hours there or not.

For anyone who attends auto shows - here's a great tip I picked up from a buddy a few years ago. Register for the "Industry Preview", which is usually a couple days before the event is open to the public. You can register over the internet, and just need to be an 'industry person'. It's a pretty loose definition, and pretty much anyone can register if you're willing to pay an extra $30 or so.

I've done this a few times, and it's terrific. You completely avoid the crowds, and pretty much have every car to yourself if you spend a few minutes at the exhibit. Definitely worth it.

Old 01-09-2012, 05:35 PM
JenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of light
Congrats! I am going to have to wait until the summer to order mine. Debated getting the V6 and S, but I have some things to payoff, then I am going for it! In RED!
can't wait to see yours! good luck on the wait!

Old 01-09-2012, 05:48 PM
Originally Posted by JenK
Congrats! I am going to have to wait until the summer to order mine. Debated getting the V6 and S, but I have some things to payoff, then I am going for it! In RED!
can't wait to see yours! good luck on the wait!
The red is killer. Definitely the color the car was designed for. I just don't want that much attention...

Old 01-09-2012, 08:21 PM
aalencar is infamous around these parts
Congrats! You got a great discount. I was happy with the 3% I got... 6% is great! Mine is an early February production. I can't wait. I am sure this car will not let us down.

Old 01-10-2012, 03:32 AM
kip
kip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to behold
Congrats on your choice, I think you will love it. BTW you can choose any color you like, because this car doesnt blend in with any color. I have learned this after being naive about a gray color hiding the car, it doesnt.

The other day drove the Cayenne GTS and finally understood the difference between it and Cayenne turbo/s. I think it transfers also to the Panamera. The GTS is harder and definately made to feel more sportier. The turbos I know from tests get better acceleration figures in the Cayenne, but the GTS felt actually faster due to being very sporty, responsive, little noisier and agile, even for its size. I think the Panamera GTS will be a good choice for anyone liking the more sportscar side of the car.

Old 01-10-2012, 08:24 AM
P4S2010 is infamous around these parts
Congrats. One option you might consider, unless it is standard in the GTS, is the Sport Chronos. Similar to the "M" button on the E60.

Old 01-10-2012, 09:07 AM
Originally Posted by P4S2010
Congrats. One option you might consider, unless it is standard in the GTS, is the Sport Chronos. Similar to the "M" button on the E60.
Definitely - Std. on the GTS.

Old 01-10-2012, 09:46 AM
Truble10 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by P4S2010
Except the M button is good for 100+ hp.

Old 01-10-2012, 09:50 AM
JMC8 has much to be proud ofJMC8 has much to be proud ofJMC8 has much to be proud ofJMC8 has much to be proud ofJMC8 has much to be proud ofJMC8 has much to be proud ofJMC8 has much to be proud ofJMC8 has much to be proud of
congrats! now i wished i couldve waited 6 monthes more for GTS .... I ordered my S in June and delivered Oct .... its a fun car nontheless

Old 01-10-2012, 12:04 PM
jonrobison is infamous around these parts
conrats Wolverine...thinking about the GTS myself....one question, I dont want the GTS lettering in the headrests or on the side of the car as the porsche website shows...is it an option to order without?

Old 01-10-2012, 12:10 PM
Originally Posted by jonrobison
conrats Wolverine...thinking about the GTS myself....one question, I dont want the GTS lettering in the headrests or on the side of the car as the porsche website shows...is it an option to order without?
Not that I can see. I'm sure they can put in the standard leather sport seats without the lettering. The only option I found for the alcantara seats is with the GTS lettering. You can do without the GTS lettering on the side though.

Old 01-10-2012, 02:56 PM
falb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant future
Oh my !!! Congratulations!!! I know you will love it.

Old 01-10-2012, 04:34 PM
JenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by umwolverine
The red is killer. Definitely the color the car was designed for. I just don't want that much attention...
The red lured me in! My build price is similar to yours. Just need the 'clock' and the money to move forward so I can order it. Of course, I can't wait for you to get yours, so I can dream! Congrats again!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Just ordered GTS