Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Turbo vs Turbo S purchase

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-13-2012, 12:39 PM
twist-a-grip is infamous around these partstwist-a-grip is infamous around these parts
I appreciate all the advice and comments. Although I haven't pulled the trigger yet, it looks like the wife and I are going with the S. I revamped my spreadsheet which compared the two financially, and after using a little more aggressive resale value based on Edmunds TCO (I based my original #s on Porsche's lease residuals), the pill seems much easier to swallow. Instead of projecting a $90k hit, I'm now at $55k after 3 years - which seems a little more reasonable. Comparing the residuals on the 2011 Turbo vs the 2012 S, I'm only showing a $370/mo variance in the two after 3 years. Losing $50k sucks, but I leased a crappy M6 in 2007 when their lease rates were crazy and I still blew $30k (and made significantly less money). The PTS seems a much better overall car - faster, AWD, significantly more luxurious, better driving, better built and did I mention way faster - like 1 sec to 60 faster.

Old 01-13-2012, 01:24 PM
kip
kip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by twist-a-grip
I appreciate all the advice and comments. Although I haven't pulled the trigger yet, it looks like the wife and I are going with the S. I revamped my spreadsheet which compared the two financially, and after using a little more aggressive resale value based on Edmunds TCO (I based my original #s on Porsche's lease residuals), the pill seems much easier to swallow. Instead of projecting a $90k hit, I'm now at $55k after 3 years - which seems a little more reasonable. Comparing the residuals on the 2011 Turbo vs the 2012 S, I'm only showing a $370/mo variance in the two after 3 years. Losing $50k sucks, but I leased a crappy M6 in 2007 when their lease rates were crazy and I still blew $30k (and made significantly less money). The PTS seems a much better overall car - faster, AWD, significantly more luxurious, better driving, better built and did I mention way faster - like 1 sec to 60 faster.
Excellent choice, here is a nice review for you (especially the drag race at the end!):
http://en.video.sympatico.ca/tech-au.../1301324006001

BTW you will be going a few seconds faster to 120mph, but not 1s faster to 60mph...

Old 01-13-2012, 01:42 PM
twist-a-grip is infamous around these partstwist-a-grip is infamous around these parts
I didn't even confirm my comment - thought I remembered the M6 being 4.4 to 60 and thought I've seen 3.4 for the PTS more than once. If I'm wrong, I'm not too far off. Regardless, I think I'll be satisfied with whatever 590ftlbs feels like. First accessory will need to be a v1.

Old 01-13-2012, 01:47 PM
kip
kip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by twist-a-grip
I didn't even confirm my comment - thought I remembered the M6 being 4.4 to 60 and thought I've seen 3.4 for the PTS more than once. If I'm wrong, I'm not too far off. Regardless, I think I'll be satisfied with whatever 590ftlbs feels like. First accessory will need to be a v1.
Thats true, I thought you were talking about turbo vs turbo s . I think you will love it, the PTT w/powerkit is the best car I have ever owned. I thought Id miss my 997tt, but to be honest I dont, and the wife loves it too...

Old 01-13-2012, 05:34 PM
FAUEE is a jewel in the roughFAUEE is a jewel in the roughFAUEE is a jewel in the roughFAUEE is a jewel in the rough
As someone who can't afford either...

If you can afford the TurboS, there's no reason not to.

Old 03-16-2012, 02:20 AM
kip
Here is a first test, Sport AUto should have a similar track test today.

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...-ptt-scan.html