Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Turbo vs GTS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-26-2012, 05:31 PM
georgemaser is a glorious beacon of lightgeorgemaser is a glorious beacon of lightgeorgemaser is a glorious beacon of lightgeorgemaser is a glorious beacon of lightgeorgemaser is a glorious beacon of light
Turbo vs GTS

Anyone know the driving difference / experience of the panamera tubo vs the panamera gts?

Old 01-26-2012, 06:14 PM
umwolverine is infamous around these partsumwolverine is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Bgluckdo
Anyone know the driving difference / experience of the panamera tubo vs the panamera gts?
I'm a Certified Porsche instructor and race a Porsche in a number of events and racetracks. I can't say from personal experience with the GTS what the difference will be, but I've driven other Panamera's on the track. Based on the reviews I've read, and the specifications, I switched from an F10 M5 to the Panamera GTS. Here are my thoughts on what the differences will be.

First, if you're a HP junkie, get the Turbo/S. Getting pinned back in your seat with a 550 HP jolt is an exciting experience. I had that in my modified E60 M5. Also, if you want to be 'king' of the road, and make sure everybody knows that you are the fastest car on the highway, or stoplight, then again, it's the Turbo S. (Although the new M5 will be faster on the highway).

For me, I get my speed rush from the racetrack, and don't need it on the public roads. What I do want is a car that I really love to drive. That means a connection to the car though the steering, throttle, suspension, brakes, and engine response. In all of those categories, I rated the GTS as the best luxury sedan I can buy. We'll see what the reviews say, and I'll definitely post a review when I pick mine up in April.

Last edited by umwolverine; 01-27-2012 at 08:47 AM.
Old 02-05-2012, 08:26 AM
fergie is just really nicefergie is just really nicefergie is just really nicefergie is just really nicefergie is just really nice
Panny GTS delivery timing

I'm ordering my PGTS next week for an April build. You said you're picking yours up in April. When did you place the order? Trying to gauge delivery timing.

Old 02-05-2012, 10:30 AM
umwolverine is infamous around these partsumwolverine is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by fergie
I'm ordering my PGTS next week for an April build. You said you're picking yours up in April. When did you place the order? Trying to gauge delivery timing.
I placed the order on Dec 20 and have a build completion date of March 1st. I'm figuring 46 weeks for delivery to the dealer. There should be some way that the build/delivery can be tracked once the car has an assigned number and production date. If anyone knows how to track this - let me know. I'll see what I can dig up.

Old 02-05-2012, 11:03 AM
aalencar is infamous around these parts
My GTS build date was 01/30. They are expecting it early March. That's pretty accurate considering my V6 build date was 05/19 and it got to the dealer on 06/24.

Umwolverine,

Are you planning on using the gts as a track car?

Old 02-05-2012, 11:16 AM
fergie is just really nicefergie is just really nicefergie is just really nicefergie is just really nicefergie is just really nice
Originally Posted by umwolverine
I placed the order on Dec 20 and have a build completion date of March 1st. I'm figuring 46 weeks for delivery to the dealer. There should be some way that the build/delivery can be tracked once the car has an assigned number and production date. If anyone knows how to track this - let me know. I'll see what I can dig up.
Thanks very much! That's about the same timing I had with my P4S. Once my order went in my dealer was able to track the progress.

Old 02-08-2012, 10:10 AM
drspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud of
If Porsche's engineering on the panameras mimics that of the first gen Cayennes, then the GTS should be the model to get.

You can't dispute the fun of being pinned in your seat. But the GTS is no slouch and lets be honest - flooring a car is the first thing you do on a test drive, and the first thing you become bored with after having your car for a while...

GTS should have a much more dynamic chassis than the jack-of-all trades, "please everyone" Turbo and Turbo S.

I bet by the end of 2012, many would be turbo sales convert to GTS sales.

DRP