Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Genesis vs Panamera Super Bowl Commercial

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-10-2012, 06:32 AM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by MIA997TTBeast
Exactly the same as getting a Tag or Rolex, they both give you the time and are pretty accurate but if you can afford a Rolex you are not going to get a Tag. It's just the extra hmmph the Tag doesn't have.

Everyone has a budget and their own math, but if you are really shopping for a Porsche and went for a Hiunday or Hyunday or Hiunday then you couldn't afford a Porsche in the first place. Why waste your own time? No one buying one of the ricer cars would be interested in the Porsche, so this is obviously to the people that were on the fence because of the price.

Now the Hiunday gives you piece of mind that you saved 300 benjamins. Way to go! Now show up at the country club riding in it and show it to your buddies. I know they will be impressed.
Wow... How does life look from behind that badge? It appears to be holding your nose up. If you move a little to the side, it may straighten your perspective (it may not - your results may vary).

Because anything not made in Germany is ricer fodder. People who purchase Hiunday or Hyunday or Hiunday are clearly inferior, cheap, and well, poor. Good post.

Old 02-10-2012, 09:14 AM
damon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond repute
My neighbor has a Genesis and it's gorgeous. I saw the new Kia Sportage Turbo up close yesterday and it's way cool, too.

I've never been a huge fan of the Panamera, and it took cruising Germany at 135 in one to "get it". They are very competent cars. Would I buy a Genesis? Absolutely. Would I buy one over a Panamera if I could afford both?

Probably.

**Don't forget to add my name to online orders!**

Or use this link:
http://www.tirerack.com/a.jsp?a=BH1&url=index.jsp
Old 02-10-2012, 09:27 AM
MIA997TTBeast is infamous around these partsMIA997TTBeast is infamous around these parts
Life does look good if you can afford it, actually great if you ask me.

But if you can afford a 50K car then you are not poor by any means, stretching 30K might be a problem so you obviously can't afford the P. I already said it, everybody has priorities and their math, I'm not judging just being realistic.

Rice burners are born in the eastern hemisphere, China, Korea, Japan and the countries where they make cars while eating rice and rice products (I was told once that when they bought a ricer car the dealer offered them a years supply of brown rice, he wanted white but that would be too obvious) This might be an urban legend as I don't trust him too much. He eats a lot of rice himself, go figure.

Old 02-10-2012, 01:03 PM
CT Audi Fan has a spectacular aura aboutCT Audi Fan has a spectacular aura about
Life does look good if you can afford it, actually great if you ask me.

But if you can afford a 50K car then you are not poor by any means, stretching 30K might be a problem so you obviously can't afford the P. I already said it, everybody has priorities and their math, I'm not judging just being realistic.

Rice burners are born in the eastern hemisphere, China, Korea, Japan and the countries where they make cars while eating rice and rice products (I was told once that when they bought a ricer car the dealer offered them a years supply of brown rice, he wanted white but that would be too obvious) This might be an urban legend as I don't trust him too much. He eats a lot of rice himself, go figure.
I'm about as white as it gets, and I find this to be pretty offensive. Nice job.

Old 02-11-2012, 07:50 AM
BklynNY is infamous around these parts
+1...that is just ignorant, racist, silly and uncalled for ...let's keep on topic and have healthy friendly debates about cars...that's why we are here...if you are posting on this board the common thread is we are car nuts and at a minimum car guys...let's keep the stereotypical ignorant comments about "rice" cars to the uneducated bias people who are also cutting us off on the highway and giving us the finger as they hate to see us drive our $35K pre-owned luxury car, our $50K Hyundai or our $150K Porsche Panamera Turbo...I'm hoping nobody finds my remarks offensive because if you do you are likely the person that makes derogatory comments about all people of color and any minority group that annoys or threatens you...OK I'm off my pulpit...back to the Genesis vs Panamera discussion...BTW...Hyundai...mission accomplished...when I saw that TV spot it made me go to their site because at first thought I said..."really"

Old 03-09-2012, 01:20 PM
Thefishhunter is infamous around these parts
R-spec owner

Just ran into this thread...

I bought my Genesis R-spec just before Christmas.

I came from a Chrysler 300 SRT8

I looked a number of cars...
Porsche 911 Turbo
Gt2
Gt3
Audi r8
R8 v10 spyder
2012 srt8 (392) 300 and challenger
BMW
Audi
Mercedes

I bought the r-spec... And have enough left over to buy a rent house form the "super cars" and enough to buy used race car with the others....

The car is as fast or faster than the srt8's and have surprised ALOT Of other "premium" cars owners.

Funny how cash in the bank and a little self confidence in my junk makes me not give a &$()) what the guys at the club think....

Old 03-09-2012, 06:25 PM
jomama is infamous around these partsjomama is infamous around these parts
Now show up at the country club riding in it and show it to your buddies. I know they will be impressed.
b/c the approval of our country club buddies is what we all should live for.