Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Genesis vs Panamera Super Bowl Commercial

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-08-2012, 06:43 PM
QuantumN420 is infamous around these parts
Genesis vs Panamera Super Bowl Commercial

Did anyone catch the Super Bowl commercial of the Genesis R-Spec saying it's faster 0 - 60 than a Panamera S?? Nice marketing gimmick....lol

Old 02-08-2012, 07:34 PM
jyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by QuantumN420
Did anyone catch the Super Bowl commercial of the Genesis R-Spec saying it's faster 0 - 60 than a Panamera S?? Nice marketing gimmick....lol
Have you seen the commercial where a couple drives a Hyundai passes a fancy restaurant, and parked the car themselves, while there was a panamera turbo that was valet parked right infront. I think the idea was to promote smart luxury, value conscious in difficult times. But this commercial makes me absolutely not want to be those couple lol.

Old 02-08-2012, 08:28 PM
easy_button is just really niceeasy_button is just really niceeasy_button is just really niceeasy_button is just really niceeasy_button is just really nice
The Hyundai makes more power, more torque at a similar weight... pretty good gimmick. The all wheel launch in the 4S will be a fair fight, but the S is likely out matched. If they used the 495 hp motor they have instead of the 429 hp, it would surprise a Turbo. Yes, it is a Hyundai; but it is not slow. Just be glad you bought a Panamera and not a Rapide - it's faster for one quarter of that price...

Old 02-08-2012, 08:44 PM
ophtho has a spectacular aura aboutophtho has a spectacular aura about
Good marketing. It's got 29 more HP than the S so they should have put it's #'s against that of the GTS. At the end of the day if the Hyundai had 600hp and $46,500, I still wouldn't buy it. Because it's a Hyundai, Porsche has ALWAYS been Porsche. It never wanted to be anybody else. Where as Hyundai will always be a wanna be. Period end of story.

Old 02-09-2012, 09:50 AM
JMC8 has much to be proud ofJMC8 has much to be proud ofJMC8 has much to be proud ofJMC8 has much to be proud ofJMC8 has much to be proud ofJMC8 has much to be proud ofJMC8 has much to be proud ofJMC8 has much to be proud of
who gives a fudge about hyundai

Old 02-09-2012, 10:06 AM
kip
kip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to behold
Old 02-09-2012, 10:15 AM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by JMC8
who gives a fudge about hyundai
I do.

I'm quite taken by the Hyundai's of late, along with Kia.

I travel often, and always try new cars for rentals. I must admit, I'm quite taken by the recent quality of both makes. My wife is advocating a Panamera. The looks, quality, comfort is rivaled by few, for sure... But the Genesis is not a slouch. It comes down to preference.

(Let's not pretend that the Porsche Panamera and Cayenne have a rich racing heritage that matters to people who want a comfortable ride)

Besides, who buys their Panamera to drag race other luxury sedans?

Old 02-09-2012, 12:58 PM
FadeToBlack is a glorious beacon of lightFadeToBlack is a glorious beacon of lightFadeToBlack is a glorious beacon of lightFadeToBlack is a glorious beacon of lightFadeToBlack is a glorious beacon of lightFadeToBlack is a glorious beacon of light
^
+1 on the last part. It's the badge first. But there's always more to it.
Interior, the engine is a Porsche engine, the feel of the thing.

Now, here's an idea. I'm sure I'm the first in the world to come up with it: what if, I don't know, Hyundai were to make a separate badge for high end cars, like, for instance, Toyota made with Lexus (and look at all the people saying they have a Lexus and how cool it is to have a Lexus, when they have a glorified Toyota) or Nissan with Infinity or Honda with Acura.
Don't try to think inside your box, try to think inside other box Hyundai. Then people will like you more, even though you're still a Hyundai inside.

Now here's a Cayenne "racing":

Old 02-09-2012, 01:13 PM
f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !
Yup, you are right. Panamera's are not raced

Originally Posted by jaspergtr
I do.

I'm quite taken by the Hyundai's of late, along with Kia.

I travel often, and always try new cars for rentals. I must admit, I'm quite taken by the recent quality of both makes. My wife is advocating a Panamera. The looks, quality, comfort is rivaled by few, for sure... But the Genesis is not a slouch. It comes down to preference.

(Let's not pretend that the Porsche Panamera and Cayenne have a rich racing heritage that matters to people who want a comfortable ride)

Besides, who buys their Panamera to drag race other luxury sedans?

Old 02-09-2012, 01:24 PM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
That Hyundai Genesis is a seriously impressive car. IMO it even looks great too!

The power, the brakes, the looks, and the luxury amenities you get in that car would rival a Panamera or any Benz or BMW....and all for less the $50k. I'm sure there's noticeable differences in refinement and overal build quality...but if you haven't checked one of these out in person, you should. It might surprise you.

Old 02-09-2012, 01:48 PM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by f1crazydriver
Yup, you are right. Panamera's are not raced

I never said they weren't raced. I said that we should not pretend that a Panamera has a racing heritage.

Besides... Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

There is so much wrong with the picture you posted. What now? Should we agree that the Chrysler 300 is a track machine?

Old 02-09-2012, 03:17 PM
catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !
good promotion for Porsche imho, cause once again they are the performance benchmark by which all others are being measured.
(whether it´s the 911, Panamera, Boxster/Cayman or Cayenne)
and carpeople know, that there is also a (Pana) Turbo and Turbo-S to spank the rest of the automotive world if necessary.

Old 02-09-2012, 06:05 PM
easy_button is just really niceeasy_button is just really niceeasy_button is just really niceeasy_button is just really niceeasy_button is just really nice
Even if they put the big motor in it, would not consider trading the Panamera for the Genesis; but the coupe with that motor would make a nice toy. More power, and a lot cheaper to track than a 911; and if you break it, it is a Hyundai...

Old 02-09-2012, 09:17 PM
MIA997TTBeast is infamous around these partsMIA997TTBeast is infamous around these parts
Exactly the same as getting a Tag or Rolex, they both give you the time and are pretty accurate but if you can afford a Rolex you are not going to get a Tag. It's just the extra hmmph the Tag doesn't have.

Everyone has a budget and their own math, but if you are really shopping for a Porsche and went for a Hiunday or Hyunday or Hiunday then you couldn't afford a Porsche in the first place. Why waste your own time? No one buying one of the ricer cars would be interested in the Porsche, so this is obviously to the people that were on the fence because of the price.

Now the Hiunday gives you piece of mind that you saved 300 benjamins. Way to go! Now show up at the country club riding in it and show it to your buddies. I know they will be impressed.

Old 02-09-2012, 09:44 PM
VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !
The power of advertising. I was so taken away by the Fiat 500 Abatth Ad (visually) during the Superbowl that when I took my 997TT in for service this week, they had one for a loaner car...guess what I took? Let's just say it was great for around town/city work....freeway...no way!!!! Very, very, scary...roll-over hazard for sure if you had to do any defensive driving at speed.

Man, oh, man, did my family give me a ration of s#!7 for coming home in that. The next day even the Service Manger gave me a hard time.

Hey, I picked it. The ad worked, it got me behind the wheel...step one... Granted, I won't be taking step two, but their advertising worked.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Genesis vs Panamera Super Bowl Commercial