Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Brembo DIY BBK upgrade pics

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-23-2012, 12:44 AM
aottley is infamous around these partsaottley is infamous around these parts
Brembo DIY BBK upgrade pics

My BBK DIY upgrade. Brembo 6 piston 405mm fronts and Brembo 4 piston 380mm rears. Below are my blackberry photos. I can add details of tools required and process later.

Old 02-23-2012, 01:00 AM
AndyLH335 has a spectacular aura aboutAndyLH335 has a spectacular aura about
Brembo BBK will never goes wrong, great work. Maybe Endless for the next set of BBK!

Old 02-23-2012, 06:35 AM
cvprez is infamous around these parts
Other than cosmetics and the cross drilled rotors, what was the logic in making this switch? The porsche brakes don't seem to have too many short comings in my opinion (not sure about fade on a track as I don't track mine) - just trying to understand better. Thanks

Old 02-23-2012, 07:44 AM
Root is a glorious beacon of lightRoot is a glorious beacon of lightRoot is a glorious beacon of lightRoot is a glorious beacon of lightRoot is a glorious beacon of light
Why???

Old 02-23-2012, 08:40 AM
versailles is infamous around these parts
I'm left scratching my head at this one.

Old 02-23-2012, 08:44 AM
Renaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond repute
I think this is about decreasing brake fade, atleast practically. The aesthetic reasons are pretty obvious. The stock CTT Brembos are already really impressive. I plan on putting on a set of EBC red stuff pads and stainless steel lines during my next brake job to improve the stock performance.

Old 02-23-2012, 09:00 AM
Originally Posted by cvprez
Other than cosmetics and the cross drilled rotors, what was the logic in making this switch? The porsche brakes don't seem to have too many short comings in my opinion (not sure about fade on a track as I don't track mine) - just trying to understand better. Thanks
Brake fade is my most important reason. I plan on doing some porsche track events this spring and summer. The stock setup is adequate with the correct pads for all levels of street driving at stock hp.

I currently have the GIAC flash with AWE full exhaust which is good for 630hp. This is just added security for the track.

Last edited by aottley; 02-23-2012 at 09:00 AM. Reason: typo
Old 02-23-2012, 09:41 AM
versailles is infamous around these parts
That makes good sense then! I didn't realize you were tracking this car with 630hp.

Old 02-23-2012, 10:20 AM
JMC8 has much to be proud ofJMC8 has much to be proud ofJMC8 has much to be proud ofJMC8 has much to be proud ofJMC8 has much to be proud ofJMC8 has much to be proud ofJMC8 has much to be proud ofJMC8 has much to be proud of
nicely done!! nice wheels!!

Old 02-29-2012, 05:35 AM
Dr Chill is infamous around these parts
This makes little sense to me even with 4000 lbs and 600+ hp to decrease likelihood of fade. Caliper exchange was not necessary with Brembo 6 piston monoblocs already in place. Stock brake lines should be fine but can be upgraded to ss which are even better. Pads, SRF, 3 piece Rotors would help.

Improved cooling ducts with spindle ducts would have been the best investment against fade.

Just curious, what wheels and tires do you plan on using at the track?

Old 02-29-2012, 08:20 PM
Originally Posted by Dr Chill
This makes little sense to me even with 4000 lbs and 600+ hp to decrease likelihood of fade. Caliper exchange was not necessary with Brembo 6 piston monoblocs already in place. Stock brake lines should be fine but can be upgraded to ss which are even better. Pads, SRF, 3 piece Rotors would help.

Improved cooling ducts with spindle ducts would have been the best investment against fade.

Just curious, what wheels and tires do you plan on using at the track?

The car already has pretty good brake ducts. It's easier for me to upgrade as a kit rather than piece together 3 piece rotors and SS lines with new pads. I also prefer the look of the aftermarket brembo's vs stock.

Old 02-29-2012, 08:34 PM
hummerchine is infamous around these parts
Hey, whatever turns you on is fine with me. But from my viewpoint, spending the money and time to swap out the Porsche brakes for Brembo seems insane! But that's just me. I am curious about one thing...

Why did you not order the Porsche ceramic brakes with your car? Are those not better than anything I mentioned above?

Old 03-01-2012, 08:16 AM
Originally Posted by hummerchine
Hey, whatever turns you on is fine with me. But from my viewpoint, spending the money and time to swap out the Porsche brakes for Brembo seems insane! But that's just me. I am curious about one thing...

Why did you not order the Porsche ceramic brakes with your car? Are those not better than anything I mentioned above?
I got a great deal on an in stock car. I did not order it.

Old 03-02-2012, 08:56 AM
Jaki is infamous around these parts
they looks really nice and good luck on the track.

Old 03-08-2012, 02:58 PM
Site Sponsor
GMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond repute
I hope the OP doesn't mind if I chime in on here as we get this question a lot from Porsche owners. Yes they look great, and they provide less fade but there's also a few other important reasons.

This is not the most important reason but definitely one to consider is the price. The GT kits initial investment is slightly cheaper than the PCCB's while performance is about equal, but also maintenance is way cheaper. The replacement GT discs are a lot cheaper from your local Brembo dealer than the PCCB discs through your Porshe dealership.

From a performance stand point, they far exceed the factory non PCCB brake system. There's lots of weight to be saved between the factory one piece cast brake discs vs. the Brembo 2 piece GT discs. I don't have the exact numbers but we recently compared a set of Audi 332mm cast discs vs 380mm Brembo GT Discs and there was about a 6lb difference just in the brake discs. The Panamera discs are 2 inches smaller than the Brembo GT's so you can probably expect similar weight differences which means faster acceleration times, better cornering of course better braking.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Brembo DIY BBK upgrade pics