Sponsored by:

2013 Panamera Facelift ???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-12-2012, 06:28 PM
ateles is infamous around these parts
2013 Panamera Facelift ???

Hello ,

I have a 4S 2010 and now I got the GTS fever and I am working with my dealer to swap into a 2013 GTS . But , today I was a bit surprised when he told me that there will be a 2013 facelift ( ???) and I got scared to get a brand new car that is going to be facelifted soon ... My question is if the 2013 GTS model that is hitting the dealers is already the facelifted one or will be a new release coming soon ?
Thinking about a basalt black with GTS interior ( carmine accents ) and Turbo II wheels .. What do you guys think?

Thanks a lot ,

Aloisio

Last edited by ateles; 03-12-2012 at 06:40 PM.
Old 03-12-2012, 07:24 PM
umwolverine is infamous around these partsumwolverine is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by ateles
Hello ,

I have a 4S 2010 and now I got the GTS fever and I am working with my dealer to swap into a 2013 GTS . But , today I was a bit surprised when he told me that there will be a 2013 facelift ( ???) and I got scared to get a brand new car that is going to be facelifted soon ... My question is if the 2013 GTS model that is hitting the dealers is already the facelifted one or will be a new release coming soon ?
Thinking about a basalt black with GTS interior ( carmine accents ) and Turbo II wheels .. What do you guys think?

Thanks a lot ,

Aloisio
I think the GTS is unique enough that it won't be affected by the typical minor facelift that Porsche gives their cars. That's one of the things I like about Porsche - the look really stays pretty consistent.

Also if you wait, you probably won't get all the GTS features without paying a lot more, and there will probably be a price hike as well. If we were talking about a new model, then I'd consider waiting, but this will just be some minor cosmetic changes from everything I've heard.

Old 03-12-2012, 08:52 PM
hummerchine is infamous around these parts
I just bought a new 2010 4S last summer (got a great deal on it) and LOVE it!

Of course I'm a bit envious of the new GTS features. But I think you're nuts trading in already! Your car is totally awesome, and you lose your *** every time you buy a car. Personally, I've always bought the nicest car that I could reasonably afford, and then kept it for ten years.

I'd hold off...but that's just me.

You asked...

Old 03-12-2012, 10:03 PM
supercup is infamous around these parts
No word yet on the facelift and if it will be 2013 or 2014 - a couple of auto shows coming up so maybe it will announced in conjunction with one or the other in early April.

GTS is great because regardless of facelift or not you get it now and it is a 2013 - so you get a whole year newer car than normal and that has got to be good for the book on in in the future. When it is 3 years old it will sell like its 2.

All we can do is wait and see. But my guess is when you are driving it you won't care if there is a facelift, only the day you sell it if it comes along quickly and is of some magnitude. For the GTS an all new car, maybe new bumper and lights - but no other changes, my guess is the same for pany, 4, S and 4$ - maybe lights and bumpers to look more like the new 911. Turbo may have same plus maybe a few engine enhancements, but minor most likely.

Since the GTS is pretty close to the 4S i would wait until you see what they are, then decide.

I think it will be 2013 for Turbo and 2014 for the rest. That way they have a way to sell Turbo's and Turbo S's - the new thing -the rest to follow in 2014. My dealer's allocation for Turbo's and S's for April and May got put on hold for "production delays" but no explanation from Porsche - they just offered them more of the regular, S and 4S and GTS. That was 2 weeks ago, not sure if that lifted or not. If not then 2013 for Turbo and 2014 for others would make sense.

Old 03-13-2012, 09:15 AM
rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !
well with the new 991 that are out now, they may allow the new Carrera's to shine a little before they start to focus on a new Panamera, so I say a new facelift for the 2014 model that will be out in mid 2013... (my opinion)

Old 03-13-2012, 12:37 PM
calexand is infamous around these parts
From the spy photos I have seen, the facelift looks pretty subtle
http://www.japanautostore.com/porsche-panamera-facelift

Old 03-13-2012, 06:40 PM
umwolverine is infamous around these partsumwolverine is infamous around these parts
Its tough to judge from the camo pics, but the facelift looks pretty mild, as is typical of Porsche. Based on some other input, I'd agree you should keep your 4S, and save the money you would have lost on the depreciation to pickup a new model Panamera in 2014 or so. Definitely wait to see what the facelift looks like, then make your decision.

Old 03-14-2012, 01:05 PM
CT Audi Fan has a spectacular aura aboutCT Audi Fan has a spectacular aura about
Bear in mind, though, that Porsche typically introduces the facelift on the "lower end" models. So while the regular and S versions might see the facelift as 2013 models, it is unlikely that the GTS facelift will appear before 2014. If you want the GTS, get the GTS. Facelift is minor anyway, no need to wait.

Old 03-14-2012, 06:07 PM
Enilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond repute
If you can wait for the last of the last GTS on the current chassis, sure why not. But, I don't see this happening in upcoming year (i.e. 2013 model) based on GTS speculation on Cayenne.

Old 03-15-2012, 11:21 AM
WhiteBear is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by CT Audi Fan
Bear in mind, though, that Porsche typically introduces the facelift on the "lower end" models. So while the regular and S versions might see the facelift as 2013 models, it is unlikely that the GTS facelift will appear before 2014. If you want the GTS, get the GTS. Facelift is minor anyway, no need to wait.
I agree, GTS is GTS, and facelift panamera won't satisfy you as GTS, if you really want it.

Old 03-16-2012, 05:10 PM
ateles is infamous around these parts
Hi Guys ,

Thanks a lot for the info/feedback .. I am going tom to talk to my dealer ... Lets see what happens next !!!
Also , sorry the belated reply but I was traveling and did not have a chance to reply ..

Cheers

Old 03-19-2012, 01:26 PM
WhiteBear is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by ateles
Hi Guys ,

Thanks a lot for the info/feedback .. I am going tom to talk to my dealer ... Lets see what happens next !!!
Also , sorry the belated reply but I was traveling and did not have a chance to reply ..

Cheers
No matter what solution you will come to, the main thing is to get what you want! Keep us updated aswell

Old 03-20-2012, 11:54 PM
bape123 is infamous around these parts
Keep us updated !

Old 04-07-2012, 01:20 PM
kip
kip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to behold
Looking at the spy pics, Im more and more convinced it will have the Boxster headlights:

Old 04-07-2012, 07:34 PM
Bluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud of
I like the facelift, it's a small but noticeable improvement.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2013 Panamera Facelift ???