Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why is the GTS interior option so expensive?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-24-2012, 03:21 PM
ateles is infamous around these parts
Why is the GTS interior option so expensive?

What does it include besides the deviating stitching and seat belts ? I am ordering my Panamera GTS and considering this option, but at this price seems crazy ....Any input?
Cheers

Old 03-25-2012, 02:20 AM
kip
kip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by ateles
What does it include besides the deviating stitching and seat belts ? I am ordering my Panamera GTS and considering this option, but at this price seems crazy ....Any input?
Cheers
You question is too non-specific, what part of the interior. In this brochure the options are well described, but ordering one I think you have it allready:

Page 34 interior->

http://www.porsche.se/media/PDF/Pris...TS-MJ13-GB.pdf

Old 03-25-2012, 05:45 PM
umwolverine is infamous around these partsumwolverine is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by ateles
Cheers
It is crazy. You can get exactly the same thing without the colors as std. Same goes for lots of Porsche extras, wheel crests, logos, keys. Different color is smaller volume, so more expensive. But nowhere near as expensive as Porsche charges.

Old 03-26-2012, 01:21 PM
CT Audi Fan has a spectacular aura aboutCT Audi Fan has a spectacular aura about
I have been wondering the same thing. You can get the deviating color seatbelts for $600, so that's nearly $2,500 for red or silver stitching? If there are any other differences, the configurator doesn't do a very good job of pointing them out. Based on the description, the surfaces that are alcantara are the same either way, so I really don't get it.

Old 03-26-2012, 06:13 PM
Cpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to behold
it is a full leather interior included in the $ so the stitch, belts, head rest logo is kind of free

Old 03-28-2012, 11:41 AM
sapaman is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Cpa4S
it is a full leather interior included in the $ so the stitch, belts, head rest logo is kind of free
I have the standard black interior on my PGTS. I am not sure what other surfaces would be covered with leather with the special deviated stitching option. It looks "full leather" already as standard unless I am missing something.

Old 03-28-2012, 01:01 PM
CT Audi Fan has a spectacular aura aboutCT Audi Fan has a spectacular aura about
Based on the configurator information, they are exactly the same except for the different colored seatbelts and the deviating stitching. Sapaman, I assume you have the GTS logots stitched into your headrests, but they are in black rather than red or silver, correct?

I can't see any additional leather options as part of the GTS package ... so in essence, you are paying $3000 for red or silver stitching and seatbelts.

Old 03-28-2012, 01:08 PM
sapaman is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by CT Audi Fan
Based on the configurator information, they are exactly the same except for the different colored seatbelts and the deviating stitching. Sapaman, I assume you have the GTS logots stitched into your headrests, but they are in black rather than red or silver, correct?

I can't see any additional leather options as part of the GTS package ... so in essence, you are paying $3000 for red or silver stitching and seatbelts.
Yep, GTS logo is stitched into the headrests as standard. Also, even without the deviated option the standard stitching is visible on the leather surfaces and looks very nice. I would not spend the $3K on this option.

Old 03-28-2012, 02:39 PM
umwolverine is infamous around these partsumwolverine is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by CT Audi Fan

Yes, if you have the Alcantara/Leather interior it is equivalent to the 'Adaptive sport seats with comfort memory package, leather' in the configurator. This is a $6,865 option for the 4S. You get full leather and the 18-way sport seats. In addition, for the GTS, you get alcantara seat cushions, armrests, console and headliner, GTS stainless doorsills, and embroidered 'GTS' in the headrests. It is absolutely stunning. For a more subtle look, you get the black belts/stitching. If you want the colored stitching, you pay an extra $3,000.

Old 04-01-2012, 06:45 PM
Cpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to behold
was at my dealor this weekend & they had 1 GTS with & 1 without that option - i guess you are right - stitching and belts only for that option

all i can say - they had a white GTS with the silver option - amazing. i figured the stitching would not show up - it was really stunning.