Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Trade in my PTT for PGTS?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-08-2013, 09:13 PM
BOOMER7 is infamous around these parts
drove both PGTS and PTT, in the end the decision was easy for me.
The PANAMERA TURBO hands down. I thought the 4S and PGTS were more comparable when i was driving all 3 to choose as my next DD.

Old 05-09-2013, 10:11 AM
sbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by BOOMER7
The PANAMERA TURBO hands down. I thought the 4S and PGTS were more comparable when i was driving all 3 to choose as my next DD.
Thanks Boomer7. I test drove 4S and almost fell asleep . Turbo it is.

Old 05-09-2013, 10:14 AM
sbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by disden
This is a great discussion. I bought a 2010 PTT when it first came out, it is truly a phenomenal car. The torque and speed is just breath taking when you punch it or do launch control. I will say that the car felt a little "wallowy" if thats a word, not quite as crisp and tight around turns. After 2 years for some reason I wanted a 991 S, so made the mistake of trading it in. After a few months I missed the Panamera so I had to get another one. The GTS had just came out, was a difficult decision. However after driving a GTS, for my personal needs the GTS just seemed perfect. Love the exhaust, feels more planted on the road for some reason. I am very happy with my choice, especially because the GTS seems like a rare car, I havnt actually seen another one on the road.

So in summary, if you want mid-ripping boost/torque, get the PTT. I miss it sometimes, but the handling, feel and exhaust make me glad I chose the GTS.

Either way these cars are just so amazing, cant go wrong with either choice. We are very lucky to even be able to talk about so things! Good luck with your choice.
Excellent comparison. Thank you. GTS's are indeed rare and certainly carry a premium in the used market now.

Old 05-09-2013, 10:30 AM
umwolverine is infamous around these partsumwolverine is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by tom kerr
the turbos on the street are hard to get alot out of, sterile speed, however when I drive my 911S much more so.

turbos love boost and need rpms for them by then you are going to get arrested. the GT-3 or GTS around town on the streets much more sound fun and visceral. as long as you dont plan on street racing PTTS's overall fun factor and certainly when you figure in "bang for the buck" goes to the GTS

good luck

tom
I have to agree with Tom on the 'fun factor per mph'. For me, it's important to get the maximum involvement out of my street ride at reasonably legal speeds. The GTS does this in spades, and for that reason is much preferable to the Turbo for me. The feel and driver involvement is the best of the line, and the sound is by far the best I've heard in any car short of an exotic.

A work associate saw me on the road and gave me a hard time for 'taking off like a bat out of hell' from a stoplight. He said 'you're going to lose your license if you keep driving like that - you were really hauling a**! He just heard the sound of the exhaust - I was doing 30 mph maximum...

Old 05-09-2013, 12:07 PM
As much as I love the sound of GTS's mean exhaust, I can see how that could attract unwanted attention as well (cops, street racers etc).

Old 05-09-2013, 07:02 PM
Cpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by BOOMER7
isn't AZ mostly straight roads