Sponsored by:

GTS sideskirts painted or not?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-13-2012, 04:15 PM
ateles is infamous around these parts
GTS sideskirts painted or not?

All,

Just put the order for my GTS ( Basalt / Carbon / GTS interior with silver/ Turbo II ) and I am really split around the side sideskirts... What are you guys think about it ? Leave in matte black or paint ? I wonder if the standard mate black will not look plasticky and cheap ... For those who already got , how does it look ? I did not have the opportunity to see it in person !!!

Cheers and Thanks

Old 04-13-2012, 06:15 PM
PCJR is a splendid one to beholdPCJR is a splendid one to beholdPCJR is a splendid one to beholdPCJR is a splendid one to beholdPCJR is a splendid one to beholdPCJR is a splendid one to beholdPCJR is a splendid one to behold
Absolutely paint it! Looks like a mistake when it's not.
For that matter, make sure you do the rear valance as well. It continues
the finished paint line down the side of the car.

Old 04-13-2012, 06:26 PM
Cpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to behold
with basalt exterior don't bother

Old 04-14-2012, 06:52 AM
sapaman is infamous around these parts
I agree it would be a waste of $$$ to paint the side skirts with a black exterior, you won't notice the difference. I have a Platinum Silver exterior and think the black sideskirts look fantastic. It does not look cheap and coordinates very well with black trim around the windows, door handles, headlights etc. Below is a video of a Platinum Silver GTS from the NY Auto show with painted sideskirts, to me it ruins the look. Black wheels on the other hand are very nice...

Old 04-14-2012, 02:30 PM
umwolverine is infamous around these partsumwolverine is infamous around these parts
I agree 100% with sapaman. The blacked out skirts are an integral part of the whole 'blacked out' look of the GTS. Here's a pic of mine with Platinum Silver and Turbo II 20" wheels.

Old 04-15-2012, 11:28 AM
fergie is just really nicefergie is just really nicefergie is just really nicefergie is just really nicefergie is just really nice
I also ordered a Basalt GTS and didn't do the painted side skirts. I like the look of the matte finish and think they blend in great on the ones I've seen. But to each his own...

Old 04-16-2012, 10:09 PM
DJF911 is infamous around these parts
I just picked up my black gts and matte black front,sides and rear look awesome. I did not install my front license bracket. It does not look cheep rather the opposite. I went with RS spyder rims. It blows my 911 handling out of the water. You will love it.

Old 04-17-2012, 12:52 PM
supercup is infamous around these parts
Here are some photos of a black GTS with side skirts painted. I like it that way - was a $0 cost option.

Attached Images   
Old 04-17-2012, 01:28 PM
Former Vendor
sales@ECU Tuning Group is just really nicesales@ECU Tuning Group is just really nicesales@ECU Tuning Group is just really nicesales@ECU Tuning Group is just really nicesales@ECU Tuning Group is just really nice
Paint it!!

Old 04-17-2012, 05:00 PM
DJF911 is infamous around these parts
Looks great too! I think on black cars painted will look best. The silver ones I've seen look better with black. Get the lane change assist. For what ever reason I forgot to include this but have on our cayenne. I did do sensors and rear camera.

Old 04-18-2012, 04:21 PM
ateles is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by DJF911
I just picked up my black gts and matte black front,sides and rear look awesome. I did not install my front license bracket. It does not look cheep rather the opposite. I went with RS spyder rims. It blows my 911 handling out of the water. You will love it.
DJF911 ... Do you mind posting a pic of your car ? I would love to see the combination ....

All .. Thanks a lot for the inputs .. Still deciding on this matter , though ....

Old 04-19-2012, 12:26 PM
CT Audi Fan has a spectacular aura aboutCT Audi Fan has a spectacular aura about
It's odd to think of it this way, I suppose, but the matte black is almost essential for the GTS, where on a Turbo I would paint. Can't really explain why, but it just looks like it belongs on the GTS. Doesn't look "cheap" or "unfinished" at all ... in fact, I think it would look odd if they were painted. Just my humble opinion.

Old 04-19-2012, 06:52 PM
umwolverine is infamous around these partsumwolverine is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by CT Audi Fan
It's odd to think of it this way, I suppose, but the matte black is almost essential for the GTS, where on a Turbo I would paint. Can't really explain why, but it just looks like it belongs on the GTS. Doesn't look "cheap" or "unfinished" at all ... in fact, I think it would look odd if they were painted. Just my humble opinion.
I have to agree - the GTS has the 'blacked out' look throughout the car:

Lights
Front spoiler
side intakes
side skirts
window trim
mirror trim
rear diffuser and exhausts

To paint/change one of these would alter the sporty 'character' of the car.

The turbo is more the luxury/chrome/paint look.

Old 04-19-2012, 10:53 PM
supercup is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by umwolverine
I have to agree - the GTS has the 'blacked out' look throughout the car:

Lights
Front spoiler
side intakes
side skirts
window trim
mirror trim
rear diffuser and exhausts

To paint/change one of these would alter the sporty 'character' of the car.

The turbo is more the luxury/chrome/paint look.
This is not a topic of luxury vs sporty - it is a topic of painted or not painted side skirits. If you have a black car your view may be different than other colors, e.g. your silver car.

I don't see any "luxury/chrome/paint look" on this Turbo (see attached photo) and it looks every bit as sporty and bad @$$ looking as any GTS. From and aestics point of view the only distinguishing features of the GTS is the Red or Silver stitched interior, alcantra seats and black exhaust tips which all look great, everything else is available on any other Panny from V6 to TTS.

Really this is simply a personal preference, some like chromoe, some like blacked out - some like GTS, some like Turbo, some like the S. All are great and each should order to their own specifications.

Attached Images
File Type: bmp
Panamera Turbo - Blk-Blk.bmp (900.1 KB, 137 views)
Old 05-21-2012, 03:34 PM
teutonic GT2 is infamous around these parts
Personal choice.
i think even on black the painted skirts make the car look cleaner and lower.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: GTS sideskirts painted or not?