Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tire Replacement-- Mix?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-28-2012, 08:26 PM
toughluck is infamous around these parts
I loved the Pilot Sports in my previous car and am looking forward to getting the Michelin Super Sports on my Panamera in the near future. If you decide to replace the fronts with Michelin, and leave the rears as is for a while, you should be fine. Just get use to any changes in driving behavior. If you don't like the way it handles, then just order the other 2 tires.

Old 05-31-2012, 10:55 AM
umwolverine is infamous around these partsumwolverine is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Duane996tt
As long you are changing them in pairs (the front or rears) and you are selecting a tire that is of comparable rating (ie high perfomance summer etc) you should not have any problems. With all the electronic track nannies in a Panamera, they will compensate for the differences in handling characteristics.
Mixing tire types is one of the fundamental things you DON'T do to a car. Sure, you can run the car with completely bald tires if you want, or you can run your summer tires in winter snow, and yes the Panamera will 'compensate' for this. High Performance Summer Tires have very different handling characteristics. If you put Michelin Pilot Super Sports in front, and let's say have Michelin Pilot Sports or Pirelli P Zero's in the rear, you'll get more oversteer because the Supers are stickier. You could get in a dangerous situation with a setup like this.

Why would you buy what is arguably one of the best handling sedans on the planet, and then intentionally compromise its handling?