Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mesh grilles

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-25-2012, 01:29 PM
JCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to behold
Mesh grilles

Hi, all.
I have had one complaint about my Panamera Turbo and that is the amount of debris that gets caught in the front grilles...between the slats. The leaves, etc... just pile up. However, I saw some great grilles that a friend put on his new 991 and did the same. Here is a photo of the grilles. Nobody I could find makes stock grilles so I had some custom made by my body shop. They look silver in the photo but are actually gloss black in person. Originally I was hoping to have the side grilles replace the horizontal slats but it seems they hold up the driving lights, so needed to keep them intact. The center section worked out fine without, but needed the 2 vertical slats to hold it up, but are harder to see. No more leaves, and have gotten a ton of compliments. I really like it, and it is practical.

Attached Images  
Old 05-01-2012, 08:31 PM
dhh
dhh has a spectacular aura aboutdhh has a spectacular aura about
That looks great - I will have my guys do the same. Great idea.

Old 05-02-2012, 12:23 AM
kip
kip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to behold
Actually looks surprisingly good. I would,however, extend it to the fog light section,so the theme continues throughout the front. Cant the fogs really be suspended somehow?

Last edited by kip; 05-02-2012 at 12:25 AM.
Old 05-02-2012, 04:52 AM
Root is a glorious beacon of lightRoot is a glorious beacon of lightRoot is a glorious beacon of lightRoot is a glorious beacon of lightRoot is a glorious beacon of light
If you cover the inter coolers with that fine a mesh could there be any high temp. issues due to restricted air flow? Looks great otherwise.

Old 05-02-2012, 05:28 AM
JCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to behold
I don't think there would be any restriction in air flow...probably less restriction than all the crap that gets in there (leaves, etc...)...unfortunately, we couldn't come up with any solution on the sides to get rid of the supports so had to leave them. I think it looks pretty good in the end. The middle section is my favorite, and looks a lot cleaner to me. I really like this modification.