Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Comfort vs Sport Plus Exhaust - GTS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-11-2012, 04:56 PM
umwolverine is infamous around these partsumwolverine is infamous around these parts
Comfort vs Sport Plus Exhaust - GTS

I ran these recordings in typical rush hour traffic with all windows up, and less than 1/4 throttle at all times, never more than 35 mph. The first file is the Comfort setting, just running from one stoplight to the next. The next file is all the same, but with Sport Plus activated.

This hopefully captures some of what a blast it is to drive the GTS, even in stop-and-go traffic. Also makes me not regret getting the Burmester as much...

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/65296735/Comfort%20Exhaust.mov

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/65296735/Spo...%20Exhaust.mov

Old 05-12-2012, 01:18 AM
kip
kip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to behold
Sounds really nice, comfort mode is closer to what I am gettin with sport+ and full throttle, enjoy! I only get a similar sound in a tunnel with all windows down...The engine sounds with the blips is marvelous, the way the Panamera sports exhaust should sound like.

Funny thing is that the Audi RS5 exhaust sounds very similar, am I right? It was hard to find a video that demonstrates it.

Old 05-13-2012, 01:55 PM
asfwp is infamous around these parts
Great sounding exhaust! In comfort mode it's nicely subdued. With sport exhaust on, it gives you that sense of urgency, probably makes the stop-n-go traffic a little more bearable. Thanks for posting the recordings!

Old 05-17-2012, 04:51 PM
Root is a glorious beacon of lightRoot is a glorious beacon of lightRoot is a glorious beacon of lightRoot is a glorious beacon of lightRoot is a glorious beacon of light
I drove my brother's new GTS today in sport mode and comfort; the sound of the exhaust is CRAZY. Your recordings are good , but don't do this rig justice. I hope the techies in Stuttgart can offer us PTT owners a similar sound. Overall a great Panamera without the punch of the turbo.

Old 05-20-2012, 06:49 AM
georgemaser is a glorious beacon of lightgeorgemaser is a glorious beacon of lightgeorgemaser is a glorious beacon of lightgeorgemaser is a glorious beacon of lightgeorgemaser is a glorious beacon of light
Does anyone know how turbo owners can get that sound ?

Old 05-20-2012, 11:54 AM
umwolverine is infamous around these partsumwolverine is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Bgluckdo
I would guess the facelifted update will incorporate the latest 'Sound Symposer' technology. This is a tube with an elastic membrane connected from the air intake to the A pillars. The tube is valved with the Sport Exhaust so when you choose Sport Exhaust, both the valves on the exhaust and the Sound Symposer tubes open.

You'll definitely get a better sound, but not quite what the GTS is. You won't have the ram-air intakes the GTS has, so the intake sound won't be quite as much. Also, the turbo muffles the exhaust note considerably. That, unfortunately is one of the trade-offs of turbos vs N/A engines.

Old 05-20-2012, 02:21 PM
kip
kip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Bgluckdo
Just before a tunnel open sunroof+ windows, hit the PSE button (if not allready pressed), manually put 2 gears lower 1st-3rd depending on your speed and floor it once you reach the tunnel. At higher speeds you will only hear the wind. This will keep you happy for a while.

Old 05-20-2012, 06:32 PM
Here is a great video - 1080p, of a white GTS in Monaco just running in city traffic. This does the best job of translating the GTS sound even at slow speeds, and does capture some of the really aggressive downshifting that is programmed into Sport Plus mode.

Old 05-21-2012, 08:20 AM
kip
After that video I think there is not so much difference on the outside, the biggest difference is the downshifts and what you hear inside , basically nothing...