Roof Rack and Yakima Skybox Compatibility

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-25-2012, 10:18 AM
toughluck is infamous around these parts
Roof Rack and Yakima Skybox Compatibility

Hello,

This is such a random question but...

1. Does anyone know if a Yakima Skybox is compatible with the OEM Porsche roof rack?

2. Besides the OEM Porsche roof rack, does anyone know of another manufacturer who offers a base carrier bar system that uses Porsche's existing roof mount, and does not interfere with the door seals?

Thanks

Old 06-29-2012, 06:22 PM
KK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by toughluck
Hello,

This is such a random question but...

1. Does anyone know if a Yakima Skybox is compatible with the OEM Porsche roof rack?

2. Besides the OEM Porsche roof rack, does anyone know of another manufacturer who offers a base carrier bar system that uses Porsche's existing roof mount, and does not interfere with the door seals?

Thanks
In lieu of the Porsche OEM Rack (which I believe is made by Thule) Yakima sells crossbars as well which mount into the recessed panel on the roof. The four small rectangular doors on the roof edge above each door? Stick you fingernail in their, flip it up, remove existing plastic screw/plug, insert chosen mount system.

No door seal clamps.

Skybox? No idea. Porsche's cross bars are generally smallish (good) and compatible. Audi has its own design of crossbar, large (bad) and was incompatible with many of my attachments.

Skybox should fit.

Old 06-30-2012, 07:21 AM
toughluck is infamous around these parts
Thanks KK Moto, Maybe I am incompetent but I am having difficulty locating the crossbar mounts that you speak of that utilize the OEM Porsche mounts (covered by the rectangular doors). Could you point me or provide a Yakima part number for reference? BTW - I previously bought the Skybox for my 2004 allroad (which I love) and hope to keep for many more years. Hope you enjoy your '13 allroad...