Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do you find the engine shut-off feature useful?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-09-2012, 09:15 PM
falb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant future
Completely useless.

Old 08-10-2012, 07:29 AM
toughluck is infamous around these parts
Learned that for long lights (coming off the interstate) you can activate the engine shut-off, put the vehicle in park and take your foot off the brake. Longest time was 1 minute (a record for me). May use my Sport Chrono to stop-watch the longest shutoff time... yes I am bored.

Hate it when I try and park in the garage though!

Old 08-10-2012, 01:17 PM
umwolverine is infamous around these partsumwolverine is infamous around these parts
Let's ask this another way. Would you pay $1,300 to eliminate it? Cause that's what you would pay in gas guzzler tax without it.

Old 08-10-2012, 09:37 PM
terrence is a jewel in the roughterrence is a jewel in the roughterrence is a jewel in the rough
Funny. Start/stop is actually a feature you have to specify and pay for in a new Ferrari now. I told my dealer " hell, no!"

Old 08-11-2012, 11:42 AM
supercup is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by umwolverine
Let's ask this another way. Would you pay $1,300 to eliminate it? Cause that's what you would pay in gas guzzler tax without it.
I like it and use it from time to time, depending where and how I am driving. But if I don't want it, 1 push of a buttom or hit sport and it deactivatges. So Seems like a great option to have to me, use it when it benefits you and don't when you don't want to.

I have also noticed that in anticipation of going in traffic or at a light if you lift the brake (not off, just let the pedal move slightly) it will start back up without the car moving, so it can be managed. That means you have to be engaged when you drive !

I like your question above - no way I would pay $1,300 to delete it and to get around the gas guzzler tax by adding a feature you can delete is brilliant by Porsche.

Old 08-11-2012, 01:33 PM
kip
kip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by umwolverine
I really dont understand how things work in the us. I heard the m5 will have gas guzzler tax. It took about 3-4l less/100km than my ptt in the same situations?!

Old 08-14-2012, 07:28 PM
JPanamera is just really niceJPanamera is just really niceJPanamera is just really niceJPanamera is just really niceJPanamera is just really nice
I like it, except in heavy traffic...which luckily I rarely endure.

I like it because it's silence. No engine noise. I like silence at stop lights.