Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Problems and fixes in the Panamera

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-14-2012, 12:58 PM
keith27 is infamous around these parts

I believe I heard this same exact noise on a '13 GTS I test drove last week...

Old 08-14-2012, 01:03 PM
sapaman is infamous around these parts
Would not surprise me, it seems like a systemic issue with the Panamera range. The '13 Panamera 4 loaner I was given had the same noise. If you spend a lot of time on the highway at high speeds, you may want to seriously consider another vehicle.

Old 08-14-2012, 01:12 PM
cephas is infamous around these parts
maybe only on 4WD models.

Old 08-16-2012, 01:33 PM
NelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by cephas
maybe only on 4WD models.
I've had no such noise issue with my 2011 Panamera Turbo. However, I have had to make numerous dealer visits to resolve variuous loose or detached trim issues (alcantara A-pillar trim detached 2x, steering wheel c/f trim, loose Burmester speaker cover). Also, I've had issues with my rear spoiler. Spoiler failure light came on and loose/detached spoiler wings or locked in up or down position 2X. Seems like an overly complicated design bound to have issues given the number of cycles during normal driving. I do like the car in general but not too impressed by the build quality.

Old 08-16-2012, 01:35 PM
keith27 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by NelsonF
I do like the car in general but not too impressed by the build quality.
How does it compare to your other Porsches?

Old 08-20-2012, 03:06 PM
550orm5 is infamous around these parts
Everyone seems to have a different idea about why the car has a whistling sound while driving...

Old 08-21-2012, 09:00 AM
NelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by keith27
How does it compare to your other Porsches?
It compares very well with the others overall. It's definitely infused with Porsche DNA. I needed a roomy 4-door sedan for business and the Panamera Turbo fit the bill. It has a very broad footprint in terms of wheelbase and width which in turn provides it with tremendous handling for such a large vehicle. Also, the AWD works well with higher HP front engined sedans. Outside of the trim issues, I'm favorably impressed with the car as an overall package and glad I got it over the M5. Best handling large sedan I've ever driven.

Last edited by NelsonF; 08-21-2012 at 11:30 AM.
Old 08-21-2012, 10:45 AM
BeechSierra is infamous around these parts
2011 Panamera 4.....no problems, no noise, spot on!

Old 08-21-2012, 02:08 PM
kip
kip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to behold
"2011 Panamera 4.....no problems, no noise, spot on!"

Thats what my 75 year old father said also .

BRW Its very hard to demonstrate these faint high sounds to repairmen, whose hearing is clearly impaired by being exposed to machine loud noises.

Old 12-30-2012, 06:55 AM
kip
kip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to behold
Low coolant warning. Air bubbles in the System other cause probably caused by the loosening of the coolant regulator housing. Also chack coolant level

Old 12-30-2012, 03:47 PM
rzundel is infamous around these parts
2012 Panny V6 with 4K miles and no issues! Knock on wood.

Old 01-04-2013, 11:26 AM
sercy is infamous around these parts
2012 Pano Base Car

After five months & five K miles, had a "ticking" in engine. Dealer couldn't find the cause. so Porsche said send the engine to Germany, and they air freighted a new one. Dealer gave me a '12 to drive during the 2.5 weeks they had mine. Detailed my car as they delivered back, with extended warranty on the car & engine. I was sad that a fix was needed, but Leith couldn't have been nicer....

Old 01-07-2013, 08:03 AM
tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !
mods should make this thread a sticky

sorry to here of your problems, hopefully my '13 will be sorted out!

Old 01-07-2013, 07:37 PM
orange997TT is just really niceorange997TT is just really niceorange997TT is just really niceorange997TT is just really nice
Anyone having oil consumption issues? 2010 ptt with 28k miles and I am putting in a quart of mobile one every month. Car goes in for oil and service in a few weeks. Had a weird heated steering wheel issue where it turned off on me and then wouldn't turn on again until I shut down an restarted. Works fine now. Under hard breaking I am getting a heck steering oil level light. Goes out after I hit the gas again. I too get the creaky suspension on cold days over bumps for the first few minutes.

Old 01-08-2013, 03:34 AM
kip
Originally Posted by orange997TT
Anyone having oil consumption issues? 2010 ptt with 28k miles and I am putting in a quart of mobile one every month. Car goes in for oil and service in a few weeks. Had a weird heated steering wheel issue where it turned off on me and then wouldn't turn on again until I shut down an restarted. Works fine now. Under hard breaking I am getting a heck steering oil level light. Goes out after I hit the gas again. I too get the creaky suspension on cold days over bumps for the first few minutes.
These cars seem to use oil. But it seems to Be dependant on How youdrive also. When I got the Car I thought it didnt use a lot of oil, but during almost 1,5y of ownership and 12000km, I have added 2l of oil.

A thread on the subject:
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...nsumption.html

Last edited by kip; 01-08-2013 at 08:26 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Problems and fixes in the Panamera