Sponsored by:

Essential Options

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-12-2012, 12:09 PM
diononiz is infamous around these parts
Essential Options

Hello,
I am looking to purchase my first Panamera or Panamera S and am curious to know what options you all think are essential. There are so many different choices I am finding it difficult to decide. Thanks in advance.

Old 08-13-2012, 06:29 AM
P4S2010 is infamous around these parts
Rear view camera

Old 08-13-2012, 07:21 AM
toughluck is infamous around these parts
My list of essentials are Rear view camera, Sport Chrono, Ventilated and heated seats, and Entry & Drive.

Old 08-13-2012, 09:20 AM
JMC8 has much to be proud ofJMC8 has much to be proud ofJMC8 has much to be proud ofJMC8 has much to be proud ofJMC8 has much to be proud ofJMC8 has much to be proud ofJMC8 has much to be proud ofJMC8 has much to be proud of
Burmester, sport chrono, PASM/PDCC, shadow trim, emblem delete, shadow head lights, alcantara head liner, heated seats

Old 08-13-2012, 09:23 AM
jisuro is infamous around these parts
Agree Rear view camera, Sport Chrono (for the sport plus button, not so much for launch control (used once), Ventilated and heated seats, and Entry & Drive. Would add lane changing assist, which my car does not have. would have been nice but was not available sept 2011 when got my p4s. If doing long drives would look at getting the 14 way seats. I have 10 way (mid level seat) and not great for long trips... not enough padding on seat bottom.

Old 08-13-2012, 10:12 AM
MIA997TTBeast is infamous around these partsMIA997TTBeast is infamous around these parts
I would strongly recommend PDCC if you plan on spirited driving. Burmester if you are a sound freak, and backup camera. Alcantara looks super nice, and Turbo II wheels are a must on this car, or any other of the 20" options.

Good Luck!

Old 08-13-2012, 11:06 AM
keith27 is infamous around these parts
I haven't bought one yet but I like pretty much everything the GTS comes with standard... My list of essentials include: Sport Design front, sports exhaust, Burmester (Bose at minimum), backup camera, Sport Chrono, Ventilaed and Heated seats (would not want the sports seats since I plan on keeping the car for 10 years), PASM, Shadow Trim/Headlights (if you're going for sporty over luxury look)...

Old 08-13-2012, 11:12 AM
alpine300zhp is infamous around these parts
I have not purchased yet, but my essential list is short: 20 inch Turbo 2 wheels, PASM, sport chrono package, Bose audio package and PDK. The rest of the stuff is filler IMHO and not needed.

Old 08-13-2012, 11:13 AM
^Agree on Turbo II and PDK (forgot that's standard on GTS but not on others)...

Old 08-13-2012, 11:16 AM
alpine300zhp is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by diononiz
Hello,
I am looking to purchase my first Panamera or Panamera S and am curious to know what options you all think are essential. There are so many different choices I am finding it difficult to decide. Thanks in advance.
BTW...may I ask if you plan to trade the E63? If so, why you are getting into the Panamera and dumping the E63 AMG? You may not have seen my thread, but I have a thread going asking about people's preferences regarding my choices (M5, E63 and Panny S/4S). If you are giving up the E63 I would love to hear your impressions and what made you want the Panamera.

Old 08-13-2012, 11:50 AM
cephas is infamous around these parts
I think the air suspension is a must on this car.
It transformed the car and the best suspensions i've been experienced.
(vs all the Ms, AMGs, 911s...)

Old 08-13-2012, 04:24 PM
kip
kip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to behold
We would need to know more about you to give accurate suggestions.

Allways- PDK! Bi-xenon headlights,air suspension,rear wiper, park assist f and r
If you do highway driving - lane change assist, sometimes I just dont see the cars in the dead corner, its poor visibility and the baby seat makes it worse, maybe also adaptive cruise control
If you have long winters-awd and rubber mats
If you like to push it now and then - pdcc and sport chrono, maybe sport exhaust
if you need to load stuff- soft luggage cover
If you have kids - rear window shades + rear airbags, trunk rubber protection for wet baby trolly wheels.
Long drives - 18 way adaptive sport seats

Old 08-13-2012, 04:26 PM
Kip, why do you say the rear wiper? Really that useful? I'm not sure if I like the look and am considering not ordering it...

Old 08-13-2012, 04:27 PM
fjpgt3 is a name known to allfjpgt3 is a name known to allfjpgt3 is a name known to allfjpgt3 is a name known to allfjpgt3 is a name known to allfjpgt3 is a name known to all
Pasm

Old 08-13-2012, 04:41 PM
kip
kip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by keith27
Kip, why do you say the rear wiper? Really that useful? I'm not sure if I like the look and am considering not ordering it...
I know it doesnt look that good in pics, but live you really dont notice it. I also had it in the 997tt. Its just those things you need in a country like I live in, where the snow can block the whole rear view. In the rain the rear window gets dirty fast, like an estate cat, you have poor visibility on whats happening behind you. The rear window is really small and the visibility from side rear windows with baby seats is zero. So on a highway in the rain, when you join a highway, you use your mirrors and rear view. Rear camera and side assist would help and maybe even make the rear wiper less important.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Essential Options