Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anybody done the GIAC ECU flash on their Pana TT??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-26-2012, 02:02 PM
Former Vendor
TAGMotorsports is infamous around these parts
As far as the GIAC Software is concerned... It is absolutely amazing! It really pulls harder than anything you would have expected however its incredibly smooth...

If anyone is interested, let us know... We are offering a 6SPEEDONLINE Discount for all members as well

To put the cherry on top of the cake, i suggest going with the AWE Exhaust System for the Turbo, for a better flowing exhaust and not to mention that glorious exhaust note...

Old 09-26-2012, 03:21 PM
kip
kip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to behold
Some stock vs tuned pull videos would be nice...

Old 09-26-2012, 06:27 PM
EUGENE-Taiwan has a spectacular aura aboutEUGENE-Taiwan has a spectacular aura about
CAN you PM me an offer?

Old 09-27-2012, 09:49 AM
NelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by kip
Some stock vs tuned pull videos would be nice...
I will be doing this mod. for my Panamera Turbo. It would be nice to see some timed results to compare with stock. Also, PDK might be a limitation in terms of allowable max TQ as it is with 997.2 Turbos so very high output apps. may not not be in cards-for now at least.

Old 09-27-2012, 10:05 AM
kip
kip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by NelsonF
I will be doing this mod. for my Panamera Turbo. It would be nice to see some timed results to compare with stock. Also, PDK might be a limitation in terms of allowable max TQ as it is with 997.2 Turbos so very high output apps. may not not be in cards-for now at least.
This is what I found, but reality videos would be nice...

Here:
http://www.awe-tuning.com/products/p...era-turbo.html

What I dont get is, a stock PTT should be in the 8.5s range for 0-100mph and PTTS 8.0s range, how are these numbers so poor? 0-60 5.68???

Last edited by kip; 09-27-2012 at 10:08 AM.
Old 09-27-2012, 10:14 AM
MIA997TTBeast is infamous around these partsMIA997TTBeast is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by kip

Here:

What I dont get is, a stock PTT should be in the 8.5s range for 0-100mph and PTTS 8.0s range, how are these numbers so poor? 0-60 5.68???
They stated that it was a customer's car and they weren't doing LC to avoid abuse, hence the times. I'm sure it's a lot quicker with LC.

Old 09-27-2012, 11:10 AM
Basic Sponsor
Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !
Just sayin...

http://www.sharkwerks.com/products.php?pid=304

F: 480.317.9901
E: info@evoms.com
Home of the Worlds Fastest 997TT Porsche(s)
997TT Standing Mile = 234.6 MPH
997TT Standing 1/2 Mile = 217.09 MPH
Fastest 1/4 Mile = 9.29 @ 172.7 MPH
60-130 MPH Time = 3.28 Seconds
Old 09-27-2012, 11:45 AM
Former Vendor
Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by kip

Here:

You have to be careful with magazine tests that use roll out and heavy environmental correction versus real world, hard data. Real world tests don't always work out to be the the same when there are no corrections.

Old 09-27-2012, 03:35 PM
kip
Originally Posted by MIA997TTBeast
They stated that it was a customer's car and they weren't doing LC to avoid abuse, hence the times. I'm sure it's a lot quicker with LC.
Ok, that clarifes. That said, this actually shows the difference between the ti-al turbine turbos and a stock PTT. I havent timed my car with LC ever, but get 4.0s 0-62mph without lc and leaving tc on with 2 people and a full tank, on sandy asfalt which should be comparable with these times. So the ecu tune narrows the gap quite a lot, but myself am now happier I powerkited my car as realworld performance is probably more useable as no preloading of turbos is necessary. I would be to embarrased to us lc ever in public .