Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anybody done the GIAC ECU flash on their Pana TT??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-22-2012, 10:37 AM
wolfturbo is infamous around these partswolfturbo is infamous around these parts
Anybody done the GIAC ECU flash on their Pana TT??

Guys,

I am considering trying this flash on my 2010 Pana Turbo. Apparently, I am the only guy in America who is underwhelmed with the stock power on the Pana Turbo. I came out of a 2012 CLS63, which was noticeably faster stock. After I flashed the Benz, it was no comparison.

Anyhow, if anybody has real experience with the GIAC ECU flash, I'd like some feedback - good, bad or otherwise.

Thx to all!!!

Wolf

Old 09-22-2012, 12:30 PM
SRT10Venomous is a glorious beacon of lightSRT10Venomous is a glorious beacon of lightSRT10Venomous is a glorious beacon of lightSRT10Venomous is a glorious beacon of lightSRT10Venomous is a glorious beacon of light
I know what you mean, all these cars are slow for the price, I dont have the TT, " 4S" but am planning on trading the 4S for the TT this spring, and was thinking about dropping it of at underground racing to see if they could get some power out of it for me.. Test drove a couple, not that impressive, But if you compare to a Aston Martin, or a Maserati they are fast as hell.. lol

Old 09-22-2012, 12:39 PM
White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !
My buddies wife did the FVD tune on her pan TT and it's completely amazing. Our local P Dealer also conifirmed the FVD tune would not effect her warranty.

Old 09-22-2012, 01:15 PM
cvprez is infamous around these parts
I also did the FVD on my PTT, when i did it nothing else was out that did a reflash of factory ecu and didn't void warranty. My local dealer did it, it took a few days to ship ecu to germany, but FVD claims 590hp when it's done. I can't believe you felt your cls was faster than the panny, that is contrary to what every magazine and review has found. All that being said I'm under the belief that you can never have too much all wheel power!

Old 09-22-2012, 01:40 PM
MIA997TTBeast is infamous around these partsMIA997TTBeast is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by wolfturbo
Guys,

I am considering trying this flash on my 2010 Pana Turbo. Apparently, I am the only guy in America who is underwhelmed with the stock power on the Pana Turbo. I came out of a 2012 CLS63, which was noticeably faster stock. After I flashed the Benz, it was no comparison.

Anyhow, if anybody has real experience with the GIAC ECU flash, I'd like some feedback - good, bad or otherwise.

Thx to all!!!

Wolf

I have not heard from any board member, any complaints from these tunes. They all bring out a faster beast nonetheless.

I know what you mean by lack of power (it's actually in our brains, it's so sophisticated that it makes it feel slow), but stock to stock you cant compare the CLS63 to the PTT. The CLS is nowhere near panny territory. Does the Panny feel slow? Yes. Is it slow? Not at all, this is a 11 second car.

Last edited by MIA997TTBeast; 09-24-2012 at 11:36 AM.
Old 09-22-2012, 01:44 PM
MIA997TTBeast is infamous around these partsMIA997TTBeast is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by White Rock
My buddies wife did the FVD tune on her pan TT and it's completely amazing. Our local P Dealer also conifirmed the FVD tune would not effect her warranty.
Tell your bud that if something major does happen (internal components, cracked intake, you get it...) I would love to hear that dealer again. Even if they installed the tune and a P engineer shows up, I wouldnt like to know what happens.

The dealer will respond for their work of installing it, but if a major disaster occurs and they have to send an engineer, I wouldnt bet too much on the dealer, unless they themselves pay for the repair.

Old 09-24-2012, 10:21 AM
Former Vendor
Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !
Here's some feedback from one our customers: here

We offer a 30 day money back guarantee on all of our software, so I would urge you to try it out for yourself. If you don't like it or feel it is worth the money, we will simply put your car back to stock for you and refund the money. For what it's worth, we have never had anyone want to refund PTT software and we flash quite a few of these per month.

Old 09-24-2012, 11:20 AM
jyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond repute
where is that NA v8 tune that we have been waiting for?

Old 09-24-2012, 12:27 PM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by White Rock
Not trying to stir the pot, but this statement makes me a little bit nervous. Technically, there is no way that flashing your ECU will not void your warranty. It absolutely does. We tell that to every customer that performs an ECU flash. We offer our own written warranty that covers the car when we flash with GIAC. I would make sure your dealer can provide you with some sort of written proof that such a warranty exists, otherwise things could get hairy if the time comes where you need to call on your Porsche warranty for repairs.

That being said, we've flashed many Panamera TT's with the GIAC software, which is the ONLY software we use and back with our Champion Motorsport warranty. The power, drivability, and reliability of GIAC are unparalleled in my opinion, which is why we chose them exclusively for all of our tuning needs.

Old 09-24-2012, 12:43 PM
Premium Sponsor
Rhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jyupitt1
where is that NA v8 tune that we have been waiting for?
Wait no more...

The price is $ 1,995.00

The power is:

Stock (OEM) Power:
Hp - 400 Hp @ 6,500 rpm
Torque - 369 lb.-ft
Speed - 175 mph
Acceleration (0-60 mph) - 5.2 Sec (Normal Mode)

FVD Software:
Hp - 425 Hp @ 6,500 rpm
Torque - 384 lb.-ft
Speed - 175 mph
Acceleration (0-60 mph) - 5.0 Sec (Normal Mode)

AND we have a 30 day money back guarantee.

Contact me directly to get the latest FVD forum member discount!

Rhonda Roxburgh
+1-954-571-2050 x 1
rhonda.roxburgh@fvd.net

Visit our online shop for an extensive selection of tuning and original parts www.fvd.net

Last edited by Rhonda@FVD; 09-24-2012 at 12:53 PM.
Old 09-24-2012, 12:52 PM
Premium Sponsor
Rhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Tom@Champion
Not trying to stir the pot, but this statement makes me a little bit nervous. Technically, there is no way that flashing your ECU will not void your warranty. It absolutely does. We tell that to every customer that performs an ECU flash. We offer our own written warranty that covers the car when we flash with GIAC. I would make sure your dealer can provide you with some sort of written proof that such a warranty exists, otherwise things could get hairy if the time comes where you need to call on your Porsche warranty for repairs.

That being said, we've flashed many Panamera TT's with the GIAC software, which is the ONLY software we use and back with our Champion Motorsport warranty. The power, drivability, and reliability of GIAC are unparalleled in my opinion, which is why we chose them exclusively for all of our tuning needs.
Tom,

With all due respect, is it out of the realm of possibility that his local dealer might offer the same type of written warranty with our software?

Contact me directly to get the latest FVD forum member discount!

Rhonda Roxburgh
+1-954-571-2050 x 1
rhonda.roxburgh@fvd.net

Visit our online shop for an extensive selection of tuning and original parts www.fvd.net

Old 09-24-2012, 01:47 PM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Rhonda@FVD
Tom,

With all due respect, is it out of the realm of possibility that his local dealer might offer the same type of written warranty with our software?
Absolutely true Rhonda. That's why I suggested that he ask the dealer for something in writing. The word of a service adviser is one thing, a written warranty is another...

I'm not suggesting anything negative about the dealer or your software, not at all. I'm just offering some advice re: warranty.

Old 09-24-2012, 10:09 PM
dyc1077 has much to be proud ofdyc1077 has much to be proud ofdyc1077 has much to be proud ofdyc1077 has much to be proud ofdyc1077 has much to be proud ofdyc1077 has much to be proud ofdyc1077 has much to be proud ofdyc1077 has much to be proud of
does champion or this other dealer offer this warranty on cars that are not local or is this warranty only good at their respective dealer? i am on the other coast unfortunately.

Old 09-25-2012, 06:56 AM
Originally Posted by dyc1077
does champion or this other dealer offer this warranty on cars that are not local or is this warranty only good at their respective dealer? i am on the other coast unfortunately.
Dealers usually only "honor" the tune that THEY offer and that THEY install. You have got to talk to your dealer and see which tuner they use and buy it from them. There is not one tune that everybody "honors."

Even then it's up to this dealer to work with this tune. If you take it to another dealer, they should be able to work on it as well, but if they feel the car has major issues, or the tech doesn't feel like to working that day, they may refuse to work on it.

Not a biggie if you and you service advisor are cool.

Last edited by MIA997TTBeast; 09-26-2012 at 04:57 PM.
Old 09-25-2012, 07:23 AM
Former Vendor
Here's a copy of ours. This should answer most questions.

http://championmotorsportonline.com/...yagreement.pdf

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Anybody done the GIAC ECU flash on their Pana TT??