Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

[DISCUSSION] Is this the new Porsche Panamera?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-01-2012, 02:38 PM
Milanno is a glorious beacon of lightMilanno is a glorious beacon of lightMilanno is a glorious beacon of lightMilanno is a glorious beacon of lightMilanno is a glorious beacon of light
[DISCUSSION] Is this the new Porsche Panamera?

Like we all know Porsche unveiled Panamera Sport Turismo Concept few days ago. Question is did Porsche actually presented future Panamera? I`ve decided to make few little adjustments on official sketch, so we can get bigger picture about possible styling for future Panamera. IMO if they stick to something like this, Panamera could be next bestseller in Porsche`s range.

If you like, leave comment about this styling for future Panamera. Do you think that Porsche should make something different for new Panamera? Or, could we get Panamera and Panamera Sport Turismo in same time?

For those who would like to compare this sketch with original, please click here

All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.

Old 10-01-2012, 03:50 PM
kip
kip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to behold
I am pretty sure their intent is to make a wide variety of Panameras at the same time, using the same platform. Sedan, wagon, coupe?, convertible?

Nice pic, I think the rear wing will stay where it is, not as high as you drew it. That, I think, is reserved for the wagon.

Old 10-01-2012, 04:24 PM
Milanno is a glorious beacon of lightMilanno is a glorious beacon of lightMilanno is a glorious beacon of lightMilanno is a glorious beacon of lightMilanno is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by kip
Nice pic, I think the rear wing will stay where it is, not as high as you drew it. That, I think, is reserved for the wagon.
Great point, but...

I would say that rear wing is one of design secrets of Panamera Sport Turismo Concept. Thats why its not bulky like original Panamera. That is one of the reasons why I posted this thread. I think that Porsche will radically change overall shape of new Panamera!

I`ve tried to adjust rear wing, guess what - it looks bulky.

Old 10-01-2012, 04:54 PM
getsom3 is infamous around these parts
I'm really liking the sketch and the wagon is growing on me. I hope they don't change the panamera for at least 2 years lol I just picked up a turbo :/

Old 10-01-2012, 04:59 PM
Originally Posted by getsom3
I'm really liking the sketch and the wagon is growing on me. I hope they don't change the panamera for at least 2 years lol I just picked up a turbo :/
In early 2014 we should have new Panamera on market!
Congrats on beast

Old 10-02-2012, 08:38 AM
keith27 is infamous around these parts
I think there will be multiple versions of the Panamera... with the "original" being a hatchback (like it currently is) and there also being a wagon version (like your drawing). Too soon to tell, though, tbh.

I'm curious what design cues, if any, will show up on the facelift of the CURRENT Panamera first.

Old 10-02-2012, 06:59 PM
Cpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to behold
killer drawing

Old 10-03-2012, 04:08 PM
JenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of light
I will hold out for the 2014 facelift if this is what we get because it is gorgeous!

Old 10-03-2012, 06:07 PM
Enilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond repute
I hated wagon until I saw this. Porsche is definitely changing my taste. I don't know if that's a good or bad thing...

Old 10-03-2012, 08:01 PM
keith27 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by JenK
I will hold out for the 2014 facelift if this is what we get because it is gorgeous!
Doubtful, but I'm hopeful we get similar cues from here too!

Old 10-04-2012, 08:57 PM
PT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond repute
Considering how well the GTS handles on the track, it needs to be cross shopped for anyone that thinks they need a 911.