Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Panamera 4s or Cayenne S?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-03-2012, 10:22 PM
frontside720 is infamous around these partsfrontside720 is infamous around these parts
Panamera 4s or Cayenne S?

I currently own a 2006 911 C4S and it's no longer practical for my daily driver. I have 3 kids (5,4,1yrs) and I need something my wife can drive. I have the 4&5 year old in the 911 know but my wife doesn't drive manual and I'm looking for something that she can drive but I can still have fun driving.

NOTE* I do not need to fit all my kids in the car so I'm o.k. with the 4 seater. I just need more room.

2010 Pan 4S- has every option possible but is $5K more and has 50,000km
2011 Cayenne - Fully loaded with 25,000km

Both cars have warranty and are NOT porsche approved pre-owned.

I have never driven either vehicles and I'm really torn with which one I like most. They are both very different and I thought I was sold on the Pan but the more I see the cayenne, the more I start to like it.

Thoughts???

Last edited by frontside720; 10-03-2012 at 10:29 PM. Reason: wrong year
Old 10-03-2012, 11:51 PM
Targa Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond repute
Seeing that you already have a Cadillac SUV, I will vote for Panamera 4S for you. It really drives like a sport car and will offer you great driving pleasure.

The advantages of Cayenne will be 5 seaters and much bigger trunk space.

Old 10-04-2012, 12:16 AM
ArainLA has a spectacular aura aboutArainLA has a spectacular aura aboutArainLA has a spectacular aura about
Forget the SUV. Better yet teach her to drive manual or trad in for PDK 911.

Old 10-04-2012, 07:31 AM
toughluck is infamous around these parts
Agree with Targa Tim since you have an Escalade SUV. If you are in fact looking at the 6-cylinder Cayenne and not the Cayenne S/GTS, then maybe you should hold onto your 911 and get a Touareg as a 3rd car! It is just like the Cayenne (6).

Attached Images  
Old 10-04-2012, 02:35 PM
ICE
ICE is infamous around these parts
I have an Escalade for a few years now, and had the Cayenne I purchased a year ago for my wife while having a corvette in the garage (C6 Convertible). just days away from having my first child i decided to get rid of my two seater car that I wasn't using and my wife decided she liked the Escalade over the Cayenne (more toys), so the Cayenne now was mine (2009).

I felt like it was rather small but that was because i was use to a large suv. I took the cayenne in for service and the Panamera caught my eye. Talked to the salesman and he ended up giving it to me for the night to drive. well, that's all it took! MUCH more space inside yet power and handling is there ready to go. So the vette was traded in with the Cayenne (well and money too) and got a 2011 Panamera with 15,000 km on it. Haven't looked back missing the Cayenne at all.

I even took it to Porsche's Track day here at Mosport race track, and WOW what fun I had. I can't believe at all what this four door can do! It even rained at the end of the day, but that didn't slow down what the Panamera could do.

So that's my advice

Old 10-04-2012, 02:48 PM
Daniel Coldwell is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by toughluck
Agree with Targa Tim since you have an Escalade SUV. If you are in fact looking at the 6-cylinder Cayenne and not the Cayenne S/GTS, then maybe you should hold onto your 911 and get a Touareg as a 3rd car! It is just like the Cayenne (6).
Thats a Toyota Sequioa next to the Volkswagen Touareg?

Old 10-04-2012, 07:34 PM
frontside720 is infamous around these partsfrontside720 is infamous around these parts
Well, I tried the Panamera S today and it was kick *** and refined. My next step is to try the Cayenne and go from there.

I like my options though!!

Old 10-04-2012, 08:55 PM
PT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond repute
Try the Panamera GTS. It handles quite well on the track and was so much fun to drive.

Old 10-05-2012, 05:29 PM
Enilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond repute
Like other said, Panamera. Only reasons is the diversity of the vehicle type. Touareg is a comfortable cruiser but it didn't feel right to me. (Partly because I am coming from V8 compared to modern V6)

Old 10-06-2012, 01:21 AM
kip
kip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to behold
You shouldnt have any problems with this choice. Are you buying a sporty saloon or a suv? Do you need ample baggage space or not? If you want something resembling a 911, but with more comfort and space, its the Panny. If you want to fit 5 of you with all your luggage, and well, want to have a porsche badge with audi and vw technology, go for the cayenne. I dont get see how these can be compared, they are different tools

Old 10-17-2012, 08:29 AM
Former Vendor
ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !
@frontside720 Was wondering if you made a decision yet or if your still waiting to test drive the Cayenne.

Old 10-17-2012, 08:47 PM
Yup. Made my choice.

I tried the Panamera, Cayenne S & Turbo.

The Cayenne is nice but I definitely prefer the Panamera. My issue was my budget. For what I have seen in the market place over the last month, I didn't have the money for the Panamera that I wanted and I wasn't going to settle for a V6 or non 4S. Living in the North, I need awd.

With all that being said, I worked a little magic with two separate dealers and managed to trade my 2006 911 C4S for a 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8. I was looking at them new and it was 75K out the door with tax. One came up locally with 8,000km's fully loaded with everything I was looking for and I managed to trade my 911 straight up for it.

I have had the truck since Friday and I couldn't be happier. Fast, sporty and somewhat practical.

My day's of 911's are on hiatus for now but I will be back. Just need to pay off the house and the cottage and I'll be back.

Old 10-18-2012, 12:40 AM
Mr.Incredible is infamous around these parts
I really really like the new Grand Cherokee and the SRT8 is a monster! Nice grab!