Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Creak / movement noise at slow speed over speed humps

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-04-2012, 11:01 PM
phil612 is infamous around these parts
Creak / movement noise at slow speed over speed humps

Hi, I've got a 2010 Turbo (hence PASM), in a nearby mall carpark everytime I go over one of those rubber speed humps (at slow speed) I can hear a 'movement' noise coming from the front.. I'd like to say it's the front suspension but I'm not 100% sure it is, although obviously it's caused by the sudden up/down movement of the front of the car. When the rear wheels go over the hump I hear nothing unusual.

Any ideas?

Old 10-05-2012, 08:29 AM
jmmk is a name known to alljmmk is a name known to alljmmk is a name known to alljmmk is a name known to alljmmk is a name known to alljmmk is a name known to all
I had the same problem. However, when I went to the service department of my dealer, he jumped in for a ride-a-long and we couldn't duplicate the problem. It was intermittent and I had no faith in the service department being able to fix it. It seemed worse after a long ride and especially if there were people in the back seat.

I had had the car for two years so I sold it. Later, the service guy told me they were replacing the front A-arms on some cars to fix it. YMMV.

Old 10-14-2012, 01:30 AM
phil612 is infamous around these parts
It was the lower arms, didn't need replacing, just removal, re-grease and refitting.